Author Topic: mathraki studios  (Read 10877 times)

Offline gilly

mathraki studios
« on: January 07, 2005, 05:41:26 PM »
Hi,
Im thinking of visiting Mathraki, Christos, Tropicana or Galini apartments sometime in June, but was wondering, firstly, if Mathraki have private balconies. From their site I can only see a terrace walkway. In addition, are the others as far from the beach as they seem on the map?!

Many thanks fro any help or advice!

Offline carol

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
mathraki studios
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 08:47:56 PM »
Hi Gilly,I cant help 100% but Gallini and Tropicana are futher to walk than Mathraki, im not sure were Christos are!!!! Your gonna have a brilliant holiday in Arillas were ever you stay! 8) please let us know what you deceide, carolxxx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
mathraki studios
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 09:29:08 PM »
Hi Gilly
Yes ,Mathraki & Christos are with Olympic and we have stayed at both,
and are both great like most places in Arillas, Christos is up the top of a slight hill but a nice walk by 2 directions to the beach and Philip who runs it has a great bar at all hours!!!!!!!!!!, Mathraki is half way up the slight hill
and both have individual balconys looking towards the sea which is great in the morning and watching the sunset, always book for a top appartment. they both have nice pools & great snacks. I think the other 2 appts. are a bit further away.
We usually go twice a year May & Oct, but I think this year we will be going at the end of June as my daughter has exams ( dam nuisance !! )
I have a good contact who has organised our trips for years and he knows his way round the computers and finds us the best deal , cos we usually book at the last minute & sometimes get cancellations at a good price,if you require his number ,let us know.
hope this helps.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re-Mathraki Studios
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 10:50:41 AM »
Hi Gilly,

Welcome to the site, if this is to be your first visit to Arillas then I'm sure you will not be disappointed and if this is a return visit then you already know what a great place it is  :D  

I can only vouch for the Mathraki as I have not stayed in any of the other apts on your list.  We have stayed in the Mathraki many, many times.

The location is very good if you want to be near the beach, shops, tavernas etc.  Paul I've got to disagree with you regarding the Mathraki being half-way up the 'slight' hill up to Christos  :shock: , methinks that Philip's Ouzo has clouded your judgement  :D  :D  :D ...the Mathraki is only a short walk up the hill!

You can walk to the beach from the Mathraki by taking the road past the shops etc, or go down via the pretty little country lane which ends up at a traditional taverna looking over the beach.  This is a quiet little taverna, a good chilling out place after a strenous few hours on the beach!  Take your book up and have a snack and a drink and your will be so relaxed you will stay longer than you intended!!

Nicolette and her family will make you feel very welcome in their own quiet way. They provide reasonably priced light meals and snacks at their

poolside bar, everyone must try Nicolettes Greek Ommlette made with eggs from her own hens running aroung the back garden!  Very yummy lunchtime snack washed down with local wine or retsina. :D  

We arrive on the 24th June so we might see you there.

Eileen.x

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
mathraki studios
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 03:57:47 PM »
hello Gilly,
and welcome.The Gallini is about a 10/15minute walk from the beachand the Tropicana are a new block about 100 yards past the Gallini.Sally and I have stayed at the Gallini and it was fine for us,we tend to stay on the beach most days.Eileen uses the Mathraki so she is the one who's brain you need to pick on that one.The slight hill is a 20 minute steep climb.The Mathraki is at the bottom of the hill in a side road so you would not have to climb the hill at all.
Hope this helps.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline gilly

mathraki studios
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 02:11:32 PM »
Dear all,
thanks for your helpful replies, after all my efforts to find out about the said apartments, Im now booked into Annas studios for 2 weeks in june! Looking forward to visiting arillas for the first time, planning car and boat hire to take in the sights of Corfu. Any suggestions for car hire?

Cheers.

Offline Elaine&Baz

mathraki studios
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 02:37:48 PM »
Hi Gilly

You won't be dissappointed with Anna's, we will be there in June too.

Anna & family have their own car hire business too, so it's very handy.

Happy holidays!

Elaine

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
mathraki studios
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 03:45:34 PM »
Hello Gilly,

You will be delighted with Annas apartments, they are fairly new and the most spacious studios that we have ever stayed in.

Remember and try her Raspberry Daquiri, yum, yum :D

Eileenx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
mathraki studios
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 07:12:03 PM »
Hi Gilly
We have stayed at Anna's a few times and the family are great you will enjoy your stay there very much, as it happens i have had an e-mail from there son Theo today who has just done his stint in the Army and he will be home in 47 days.
 Also as someone else said they have their own car hire business and we always have a car or jeep of them as they have been always reliable, they usually meet us at the airport with it, or we get a taxi because the transfer can be quite long as Arillas is the last drop !!!!!
speak soon.

Paul/Deb5

Offline gilly

mathraki studios
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 10:16:39 AM »
Thanks again for your replies, I think on the way to Arillas we'll be quite happy passing through many resorts - we arrive during the day and we will at least know from the trip where we dont want to visit! Maybe on the return a taxi would be best.
Ive been trying to locate Annas in Arillas - can anyone tell me where it is? Its not on the arrilas.com map. Is it too far out?

cheers.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
mathraki studios
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 10:58:52 AM »
Hello Gilly,

If you look on the left of the map you will see 'Giannis Ritsos' (supermarket), Annas Apts are on the same road, but off the map to your left a couple of minutes uphill from Giannis.

Eileenx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
mathraki studios
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 03:49:35 PM »
Hi Gilly

Eileen is correct where Anna's is,and its only 100yds (sorry metres)
around an 's'bend from Mathraki and you can walk to the beach around
the back of Mathraki which we do all the time, either way to the beach
is pleasant.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Nick

• http://www.oursite.me.uk
Mathraki Closed Early Autumn 2005
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 04:17:48 PM »
I have been told by Olympic that the Mathraki have closed early and I have been transfered to the Christos for 17 - 14 Oct 05.  Christos looks better in many ways, just hope it not too noisy at night!

Nick

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
mathraki studios
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 06:00:32 PM »
I was talking to someone whilst out there 3 weeks ago and they were stopping at Christos - the only problem is its right at the top of a steep hill so quite a way from the beach - however I was told that the food was excellent - and very reasonable.

Have a great time

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
mathraki studios
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 10:53:17 PM »
Hi Nick
  couldn't get to you before you went as my computer was down due to B.T. problems, now we are back on, anyway i was going to say you would have no problem with Christos as we have stayed there a few times ,I expect Philip & Angela kept you drinking most of the night ?? the only thing is the walk down to the beach but as your young and fit it would have been no bother, unless you hired  a scooter from Philip.
Hope you had a good time anyway.

Paul/Deb5

Booking.com