Author Topic: akti hotel  (Read 17413 times)

Offline pj

akti hotel
« on: July 26, 2008, 02:14:31 AM »
stayed at the akti hotel for last 2 years cannot fault it in anyway now have new pool and bar this year spiros/monica and family will make you very welcome and its not noisy have double glazing in all rooms we had no problems at all will go back again lovely hotel 

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: akti hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:07:47 PM »
pj i make you right the re-dec has been done lovely ,and the new pool fab ,we didnt stay there this year, but spent most day and eves there ,will be booking and staying there in 2009 ....yammas

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 10:20:31 PM »
We'll be there for Friday lunchtime (if everythings ontime)!
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 11:09:39 PM »
Mick and I spent most nights having a lovely drink.  Unbelievable transformation

Offline vivwells

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 12:12:46 PM »
This probably is a very trivial point.....but can anyone tell me, does the Akti have a kettle in its rooms for tea/coffee making?  We are thinking of booking and while this exactly a deal-breaker it'd be nice to know! Thanks.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 12:18:50 PM »
Hello vivwells,

Check their website: http://www.aktiarillahotel.gr/

Life is good ;)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 12:39:21 PM »
hello viv, no they don't have a kettle in room. there is a fridge, so you can keep drinks cold, we took a travel kettle and cups etc, but there is only one plug by the bed so you'll just have to keep unplugging, there is a haridryer in the bathroom, which was very powerful! and a large sink in the bathroom, for washing up or washing your smalls!!!
hope this helps!
ger x

Offline vivwells

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »
Thanks for your prompt replies, folks.  Have already checked out the website - look lovely.  We are not really hotel people and usually stay in Agios Stefanos over the hill, so this will be a change for us.

Offline vivwells

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 11:23:40 AM »
Can anyone tell me what the balconies are like at the Akti?  They look fine on the website, but I'd like to know if they are private in the sense of being partitioned, or shared.?
Many thanks.

Offline pj

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 11:27:46 PM »
stayed at the akti hotel for last 2 years lovely; balconies are private and partioned just a beautiful place to stay from pj

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 11:42:22 PM »
looking out over the sea, wonderful caring hosts, lovely food, a total welcome, all problems resolved straight away, part of the local rural community.......... The Akti is a very special part of our Arillas community adn a wonderful place to stay.

But so do they all. We all stay in our favourite places. Jen and me have ours but will never say where. Newbies who want to know all about them will get all they need on the forum if they read it enough.

Anorak

Offline Melissa_x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 11:55:56 PM »
Haha one night when we'd had too much to drink, my boyfriend and some friends went to the Atki hotel when everywhere else was shut at like 3am and this guy who looked like a skinny version of Peter Andre let us in but wouldnt let us in the jacuzzi because 'his friends were 'using' it' .. So we left, doesnt sound good but it was such a funny night lol :D
TOO excited for my long awaited return to Arillas - Sept 2016!! :-D

Offline al

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 11:59:58 PM »
been there last 3 years
best place in the world lol
the family are amazing couldnt do enough for you
saw some fantastic photos of kostas and angelas wedding from last december

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 01:09:08 AM »
So we're not wrong......

been there last 3 years
best place in the world lol
the family are amazing couldnt do enough for you

That is Arillas - they can't do enough for you. We are serious friends with many lovely Greeks there and authentic or not YOU DECIDE.

Oh Yuk.. To think I onced watched Big Brother....

Thanks Al
Phil
Anorak....

Offline vivwells

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 11:35:47 AM »
I am gutted - left it too late and now the Thos Cook flights have all gone for the dates we wanted - my own fault for dithering.  Akti sounds lovely.  However I haven't totally given up on Arillas holiday for this year, so maybe I'll be able to experience the magic for myself.  As I mentioned before, we are old Agios Stephanos hands and have walked over the hill on a number of occasions, so have seen some of what Arillas has to offer.  We did the "Heritage Trail" in 2006 and, because I ws daft enough to wea.r cropped trousers and sandals, I was "attacked" by a plant which left me with a spectacular rash like big red splashes  on my legs.  My GP had never seen anything like it!  Anyway that soon faded and it certainly hasn't put me off Arllas.
She who hesitates is lost....: ( 
Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Booking.com