Author Topic: What I think about my first visit  (Read 1890 times)

Offline meryl

What I think about my first visit
« on: July 26, 2008, 10:52:03 PM »
When you read posts on this forum about Arillas being like paradise etc, it's all true!
We were there from 7th - 21st July.
Firstly the food. We like to try as many tavernas as possible and we weren't disappointed!
Some memorable meals were enjoyed in the Horizon, Brouklis, Porto Fino plus others.
The choice of Greek food was great. Always served with a friendly smile. The prices seemed similar in all the places we ate.
We particularly enjoyed sitting on the sea front watching the sun go down.
There seemed just the right amount of tavernas to be able to eat in a different one each night.
For lunch, we usually had something in Hellens creperie. The baguettes were fresh and tasty.

The beach is fantastic with super soft sand and very few pebbles. The sunbeds are reasonably priced and the sunbed man is very friendly.
We did not do any of the organised trips, but hired a car for 3 days. We went all across the north of the island and down the west coast as far as Agios Gordis.
We also made a visit to the donkey sanctuary. It was well worth the trouble of trying to find it, as one of the neighbours removes the signs for it on a daily basis! Please do all you can to support this very worthy cause, either by a donation, or sign the petition to stop it being closed.
We stayed at the Arillas bay apartments which we found suited our needs very well.

I would recommend Arillas to anyone who wants a quiet and relaxing holiday. If you want discos and clubs etc, then Arillas is not for you.
It really is a wonderful friendly place and can't wait to go back!

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: What I think about my first visit
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 01:32:33 AM »
I wasn't wrong then Meryl....

Phil

Booking.com