Author Topic: Timbo's 1st Time In Arillas Report  (Read 19342 times)

Offline Timbo

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
Timbo's 1st Time In Arillas Report
« on: July 29, 2008, 10:33:20 PM »
Well, where do I start? ………. Ok, here goes!

First of all, there were no delays coming to Arillas, which is always a good start & no delays with the suitcases!! :-)

My first impression on arriving in the resort was the pure beauty of Arillas, it looked fantastic with remarkable views from every angle.

We stayed at Perry & Jimmys, just behind The Rainbow Bar, which I found to be a perfect spot, very clean and quiet and friendly. I was even surprised that the rooms didn’t suffer in the heat, there is no air conditioning and I didn’t need a fan, which is a first for me on any Greek Island! :-)

I was very lucky to be travelling with Cheryl2307 & James, who were on their 4th visit to Arillas and both acted like my own personal tour guides, which for a guy who is not the best decision maker was great!

Throughout the 2 weeks we were there we ate out every night at various tavernas and none of us had an unpleasant meal. The tavernas included Brouklis (gorgeous Spit Roasted Lamb!!), Portofino, Kostas On The Beach, Horizon, Amourada, Captains Table, The Rainbow (cracking BBQ nights!!). We also had an excellent lunch of Meatballs at The Night Owl and a lovely mid morning Panini at Artemis (used to be Marias Supermarket I am told). I know I have probably forgotten a few, but remembering all their names for an Arillas Virgin like me, was not easy , but they were all fab in their own individual ways.

During the course of our stay, we did the walk to The Headlands after a morning of rain when it was still cloudy & cooler, the views of Arillas & neighbouring San Stefanos were breathtaking. The sun came out just as we reached the end/peak/church and turned into a very hot walk back down to the front, but this all made the large Mythos in Ammos all the more worthwhile!! :-) :-)

I ventured into the sea a few times, which was very refreshing once my body acclimatised to the temperature.

I was also very lucky to spend a morning with Mark (and Dee) who very kindly took me out for a ‘whistle stop tour’ of some of the excellent places to take photos (which was fantastic for me having an amateur interest in photography). I learnt so much that morning, thanks again Mark – you are a star!

We also did a lot of bathing around the pool at The Rainbow, which was great and Jimmy & Spiro definitely know how to look after their guests!

The Rainbow also has a dart board too, which was ideal for James & I, as we both love the sport. This became more interesting when we found out that Eggy is an ex semi-pro ;-) and also a human calculator!! Cheers Neil, those afternoons we played were thoroughly enjoyed by all, I know all 3 of us appreciated it.  I also have to thank Eggy again for running Cheryl & I up to The Night Owl for a spot of lunch, as I couldn’t convince Cheryl or James to walk up there, as they have done this on a previous visit and were not keen to repeat it again in the heat we had!!
Neil – I have binned my shorts and my game as already improved! I’ll sort you some stems and flights, just let me know anytime you need anything further!

I’d also like to mention the numerous great forum members we met, who were all extremely nice people, I apologise now if I miss anyone, there were a lot more than I expected!!

Phil & Jen – a great couple who thoroughly know how to enjoy themselves and Arillas.

Mark & Dee – top man as mentioned earlier, great to spend time with and an excellent photographer, his pictures are truly amazing! Dee great fun and looked fab for a 400 year old (no, that’s not a typo!!)  ;-) Hope you both have a successful summer, thanks again Mark & thanks for the photo!!

Graham & Julie – a lovely couple who were extremely kind. I know Cheryl was made up with her birthday card. Great to meet you both and I hope your drive down later in the year goes well.

Eggy – also mentioned before. A really nice guy and a pleasure to spend time with. Thanks mate, really appreciated!

Bob & Penny – who we met at The Night Owl with Eggy and who then very kindly showed us round their house – it was lovely and will look spectacular when the finishing touches are completed. Thank you both very much.

Dimitris & Family – another great guy (which you already know), runs a fantastic restaurant as well as a fantastic website, keep up the good work Dimitris, I know I will be logging on for regular updates throughout the autumn & winter months!

Jo & Mick Wissett – A great family, who know how to enjoy themselves, Jo – I hope your foot has recovered from when we met on our last night, are you sure it wasn’t the booze instead of the shoes?? :-)

Other great members we met & chatted to included, Dave & Anne (I hope your daughter has forgiven me for the stick I gave her about going home!), JohnTheRef & Dot, Roger & Fiona, Annie (I’ll mail you the photo when I sort them) & Jimbo complete with his blonde wig on his 50th!

Some nights we did ‘the loop’ and called in at Artemis for a few games of pool with James, Perry keeps the pool table in great condition and it was great to meet him and his wife Joanne, a very nice friendly couple – Try one of their panini’s! Yum! :-)

We had drinks in numerous bars, Ammos, Akti, Malibu & Makris, throughout the course of our hols which, we were all treated extremely welcome, especially at The Coconut by Kostas, Hannah & Perry – such a friendly bunch of guys, the same at The Rainbow with Jimmy & Spiro, fantastic fun, especially when Jimmy challenged James to a darts/pool tournament and James beat him 6 – nil! :-)

So in a nutshell, it was a fantastic holiday in every aspect. I certainly would like to visit again and hopefully meet some of the great people again. Phil – you are right, it’s as close to paradise as I’ve seen!!

If I have missed anyone out, I am sorry. I will also get some more photo’s up as and when I can.

Lastly, I have to give a big thank you to both Cheryl & James for taking me with them on what has been my most enjoyable holiday ever :-)  - Thank you both so much!!

I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Timbo's 1st Time In Arillas Report
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 10:40:33 PM »
Great report Timbo....thanks....seems like we have another Arillas addict in the making!
Sandy x

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 10:43:04 PM »
Ditto... and some great photo`s

riggers

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 10:45:23 PM »
Yes that is a great report and pics Timbo.

Sounds like you all had a great time. :

riggers....

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 10:54:43 PM »
Just to agree with the others- great report, Timbo. The place is rather infectious,isn`t it?
          Best Wishes , Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 11:47:07 PM »
Thanks Timbo. It was a privelege to meet you and Cheryl, and James. We spent so little time together, because Jen and me were trying to fit in far too much. We saw hardly anybody more than once. Our own report will explain. Maybe that was a mistake...

You captured the whole point of the place in your last pic of Cheryl and James. Have a look at ours of you three in the Coconut. Nobody needs to be told how well you got on with your holiday in Arillas, the pictures say it all.

Very best wishes and meet you again one day
Phil

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 12:11:54 AM »

I really enjoyed reading that Timbo - thanks very much for sharing with all!
You sound so happy & your holiday tales sounded like you really made the most of your time.
As for your photos, they're so clear & really good shots - well done you.
As many of the others have said, now you've been once, I'm sure it won't be too long before you're back again!
Thanks for telling us all about it.
BeckyB

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 12:49:03 AM »
great report timbo and nice photos also thanx for putting them up.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 07:53:28 AM »
What an exellent report Timbo! And nice pictures :)
Life is good ;)

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 08:38:43 AM »
glad you enjoyed Arillas it really is a lovely place.I will reserve judgement on the photo's until i get home from work and can see them(comp at work will not let me),but i am sure they will be smashing.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 09:44:58 AM »
What a great photo of Cheryl and James.She obviously had a fantastic time.No afternoon tea this year Cheryl.Best wishes to you  both.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 10:47:26 AM »
Wow Timbo, a fantastic report and wonderful photographs. I hope I can use the photos to do another video - "Now -  Arillas Heaven 2".

It was interesting to read about Eggy's darting prowess and I can now see why he had the "Eric Bristow Concord nose stance" on Mark's photograph of you both.

Thanks again Timbo.

TerryW

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 11:59:44 AM »
Timbo, what a fantastic report, and so glad you love Arillas!

Sharon x

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 12:01:59 PM »
brilliant report timbo, and the pictures are great!
ger x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 01:21:38 PM »
Just like to add my congratulations and thanks for a truly great report, and lovely photos, Timbo. 
Especially like the mid-air jump picture - not sure were those photos were taken, was it at Sidari?  We have so far only been driven through it!  :D
Cheers, lynn x

Booking.com