Author Topic: thetis ,  (Read 16619 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: thetis ,
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 04:21:14 PM »
Robin M.

It did look fairly quiet when I was there.  ( Well, not as many bodies then! )

General rule of thumb is " If you aint got it - ask for it " - Spiros welcomes this as it always gives him another chance to judge the needs of his next guests.

Negg

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 12:01:40 AM »
Eggy,
When you next see Spiros will you please thank him from us  What a lovely man.  We booked a few trips with him and once got there late and missed the bus and he took us there in his car for no extra charge. Please tell him that we shall be forwarding details on to him about Jersey (he had never heard of it before ) as requested.

Karen.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 12:21:34 AM »
Karen

Next time I pay him a visit , consider it done.

Negg

Offline lynwill53

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 10:10:09 AM »
Thanks for all the info chaps. Eggy, Rigger, Phil'n'Jen, look forward to having a beer with you somewhere while I'm there!
RobinM, thanks for the Thetis review, it sounds great! Spiros sounds like a diamond geezer.
Viv, cheers for horsy info. Nice to know they are not so worn out that you think there's a possibility one may take off!! Shame about no gallops on the beach (tip - for that try Tunisia in the winter. Arab and half-Arabs (some stallions!) for about £7 an hour!!Fantastic horses!Crazy gallops!!). I shall certainly go at least once for a hack through the olive groves. Sounds idyllic.

Only 3 weeks to go!
Lynne x

Offline simo

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 12:37:26 PM »
Hi Again,
             As stated in my previous posts my wife and I are due to stay at the Thetis on the 23rd aug, been to Arillas a number of times as independent travellers so its the first time on a package, in the past  this has meant not having to vacate our accom' till our transport has arrived,  checked our paper work for the Thetis and by International law your rooms have to be vacated by noon on your day of departure, does anybody know if this rule is kept to the letter at the Thetis as our flight out is not till 6.30 the following morning. Although arillas is a great, thats a long time to be wandering around homeless. Also hope that the reported transfer times of 3 to 4 hours are a mistake, if not its a taxi for us ,I will be posting our flight on the taxi forum for a possible share anyway.

cheers , Simo.

" LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHILE YOU ARE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS"

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 11:05:06 PM »
Hi Simo

I would imagine it depends how busy they are and if they have available rooms.  We book independently and had to be out by 12 as there was another family coming that day.  We managed to get a room at the Marina for 40E but could have got one at Akti for 30E!  Really took the hassle out of the waiting as we had a similar flight time.  (Well, even though we then went on to have an 18hr delay but thats another story!!)

As for the Transfer in seems that Olympic is renowned for those horrendous transfer times so I would definitely just book your taxi.

Enjoy!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 03:51:51 AM »
Hi Simo

We always try to go independent to avoid the decision about chucking the transfer. We often think that having paid for it, you can suffer the 3 hour transfer at the cost of 20 pints of Mythos (at least I do - erja would be proud of me........)

Our first time in 2001 with Olympic had us dropped off a coach in Sidari at 6am after two hours in the midle of the night, totally new to the island let alone Arillas. We stood at the roadside for nearly an hour with our luggage just waiting for a minibus to take us the last few miles. For all we knew we could have been abandoned there completely. What a terrible welcome. We got to Arillas totally unslept, and in daylight. We had been up all night.

Never again. Apparently, Olympic still do this unacceptable transfer. Let them answer me and make their prospects a bit happier.

We always get a taxi or the local hosts on this website help us with a better way. Work with the forum - you will do better.

Last October Thomsons took us via Paleokastritsa (ie first drop) and it only took an hour. We went to Kaloudis and it was wonderful. And cheaper than the flight only. How does that work? I would love Joe our forum expert to explain. Do they charge the local business owners for the privelege of having Jen and Phil and having to put garlic outside their doors, and to keep their babies close to their chests....

For those of you who do not understand just read Arillas Today. 

Forum anorak
Phil

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 12:46:13 PM »
Simo, why not ring them and see if you can pay the extra to keep the room on if its available or book another room for the day, you can contact them via Arillas travel
Ang

Offline simo

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 02:02:29 PM »
Jo, Phil and Ang,

Thanks for the advice on the noon kick out . Jo and ang , will check out those options , Phil , is that 20 mythos in one session ? No wonder you are on the p.c so much , yer legs have gone lad .

cheers , Chris.
" LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHILE YOU ARE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS"

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 02:11:00 PM »
No Simo - my reputation is a lot worse than Eggy would have you believe. Maybe 19?

lol
Phil

Offline robinm

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 02:46:37 PM »
Hi Simon

You will find the Thetis quite accomodating about keeping a room on as long as they have a room spare. When we were there in July about 12 of us were due to leave at midnight. We were allowed to keep our room and everybody else used it to shower in before we went out for a meal. There was no charge.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay there. We will certainly go back there.

RobinM

Offline lennie01

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 02:46:26 PM »
We have just returned from 10 nights stay at the Thetis in Arillas and I can't recommend it highly enough. We were in a ground floor room with a terrace and the room was huge (and I mean vast!!). The bathroom was also a decent size with a bath and excellent shower. There was no shortage of hot water. The mozzies were out in force while we were there and so the mosquito netting on the terrace doors definately helped. I didn't use the cooking facilities as I prefer to eat out so I cannot really comment on them. The only thing I would say is that there was a shortage of hangers in the (massive!) wardrobe but we managed well enough. The pool was lovely and warm and there were plenty of sunbeds surrounded by beautiful beds of flowers. We had the perfect, relaxing holiday that we were hoping for and this was certainly helped by the quality of the accomodation and our hosts who were very welcoming without being intrusive. I didn't want to leave!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 06:46:39 PM »
Lennie

Owner, Spiros , is one of the many "good guys" and runs a tight ship with very good staff. I bet if I mentioned the hangers to him that, next time, you'll not have enough gear to use them all up. Cooking facilities are basic but a slight cut above many you will find elsewhere. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Spiros willl be pleased when I tell him.

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com