Author Topic: thetis ,  (Read 16613 times)

Offline simo

thetis ,
« on: July 30, 2008, 11:43:46 PM »
Hi, 3rd year on the run to wonderful arillas in august . Late booking this year so was just wondering about staying at  the thetis palace down the lane opposite yannis's shop.  I used the pool 1 day last year and it was great but very quiet except for a few of our german friends. Does any body know if it has a large german following or is it mostly used by other nationalitys , also has anybody got any snaps of the inside as all the sites I have visited only show the standard pool view.                                                                                 

cheers, Simo.
" LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHILE YOU ARE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS"

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: thetis ,
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:24:19 PM »
Simo

Look at the other recent threads about Thetis. I am seeing ,owner Spiros,tomorrow I hope, so may be able to give you a feel about age groups and who stays there etc.
( generally 8 people around the pool and it's busy )

Negg

Offline simo

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 10:55:24 PM »
cheers negg,

I have booked the thetis today anyway through olympic holidays but any news would still be helpful, if its gonna be quiet I suppose could bring some cardboard cut outs of sunbathers .
                              thanks again, Simo.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 08:02:06 PM »
Simo

Just a sneak preview of the new pool bar which opened this year.

A very relaxing place to be.
They do a nice line of ice creams and I was sorely tempted,
Scooped out the freezer and put in a tub - Big selection - aaargh!
(Had a beer instead!)

Anyway, there's another pic on "Arillas Today"

Don't bring cardboard cutouts as I counted 12 asstd bodies taking advantage of the pool this afternoon. Mixed age groups but still very peaceful.

Spiros is, I think, a great host to make you feel welcome.

Cheers
Negg

Offline simo

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »
Negg,
         I think you should change your nickname from Eggy to " cefax" . Forum users ask a question and you come up with an answer everytime .
         Many thanks for the information and the photo, the new pool bar looks great. As for the ice cream , I'm not a great lover of it as it tends to make the Mythos taste strange, I'm sure the sausage dog who kept nicking our sunbeds last year may like a cornet or two though. I must seek you out this year and buy you a drink for your kindness, Do you have a local haunt or do you spread your self about ( in the nicest possible way of course).

cheers , simo.

Offline biglee

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • clements locksmiths
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 10:11:46 PM »
looks like youre chillin just fine out there eggy - how long you out there for.

big lee

hold on mrs over me shoulder and asks the question -do you have to be a resident to use the pool
I LOVE ARILLAS IT'S GODS LITTLE ACRE.

DONT ASK FOR CHANGE IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT Is

Offline lynwill53

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 10:28:52 PM »
Hi. I booked the Thetis today via Olympic, 2 weeks from Aug 29th. It seemed nicer than the Galini. Hope this is true.
I am a solo female, aged 55 (birthday while I'm there!), like a drink. looking for a peaceful spot to chill out, walk, and be a beach-bum. NO night-clubs required, just some nice friendly bars and tavernas, and a fabulous beach.
The last time I was in Corfu was 20 years ago (been all over Greece in the meantime - love it, love it, love it!!), and I have have been saying I must go back for a long time, and had a fancy for Arillas for a good while, especially after I found out there is horse riding there! Any info on the horse-riding greatly appreciated (I CAN ride)
Very much looking forward to going, and all tips and hint gratefully received!

Maggie

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 10:57:35 PM »
lynwill53 the horse riding is in roda, but they have a minibus which picks you up.  i think it costs around 23 euro, and you get a drink thrown in. They ride through the olive groves and then on the beach. I haven't been myself, but i've spoken to others who have, and had a very nice time! I think Arillas travel, and Arkokal do bookings for it. Probably Olga could tell you about it too.

Offline lynwill53

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »
Thanks for the info Maggie. 23 euros is pretty reasonable for Greece. Almost glad it's not on the doorstep or all my money would go on it like it did in Tingaki, Kos, last year!!! (if anyone interested, fabulous fast riding on saltflats, beach and sand-dunes there!!!)

Who is Olga, and where do I find her?

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 11:19:39 PM »
Hmmm!

Simo.
 I have various watering corners such as Horizon, Coconut, Tria etc but, aftr having a relaxing drink at Thetis, this afternoon, it's another on my list.
So many places - So little time.

Lynwill53
Or... Lyn-you-will...
....enjoy the Thetis. It's got a tad busier now than it used to be but, this afternoon everyone was taking it easy.
Gallini and the Thetis are very different but they each have their own appeal. If I was offered a free week at both I don't know which one I would choose.
Swings n roundabouts.
Olga is at Olga's travel, easily found opposite Amourada Taverna, in Taverna.

Biglee
We're here as long as the cash + a bit of work keeps us here.

Cheers
Negg

Offline lynwill53

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 11:44:13 PM »
Cheers Negg, I'll look out for you propping up a bar!! Will you still be there at end of Aug/ early Sept?

Lynne

riggers

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 11:49:36 PM »
I hope he is still there in September. I need a drinking partner again.  :)

He lives there Lynne. ( lucky lucky)  :)

riggers...

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 01:26:37 AM »
And you won't escape PhilandJen lynwill53! ("Oh no!!" I hear you cry. "I'll have to cancel....") We are there from Aug 27 to Sep 26. Just say hello if you want to...

simo - Ceefax is well spread out but finds time for all he can. He is Arillas Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.... and according to others the Elgin Marbles and Athena all rolled into one!

biglee - he and Mrs Egg had better be there in September. Like riggers we need a drinking partner too (although I suspect it might be a few more of us than that...)

Planned to get to Thetis in July, but so enjoyed Mathraki on the way we never got there. Will put that right in September.

Phil

Offline robinm

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 01:36:37 PM »
Just returned from 2 weeks at the Thetis Palace which we booked through Olympic.
Apparently Olympic are trialing this Hotel for 2 months and have 16 rooms there out of the 26 available. It is a brilliant place. All the other Brits there were like us - booked at the last minute and were apprehensive because of the very low price we had paid. We all got on like a house on fire even though we were all different ages. They were couples in their 20's, 40's and 50's together with families. I have to say we had a great time there. The rooms are basic but very clean and big, sheets and towels are changed every 2 to 3 days and there is satellite TV in every room. We had 1 of the 2 bedroom apartments available which had great views. The pool area is superb and all the staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy.
The only negatives were the kitchen equipment was a bit basic but Spiros is working on this and if you do not have a kettle in your room just ask. We thought the prices were a bit high in the bar but the Ice cream is great.
All in all we thought the Thetis was a great place and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone even single travellers. We all told the Olympic rep that they should keep this as a permanent destination.
Eggy I think the day you visited 6 of us were out on the boat and 2 other groups had gone out for the day. If you had come any other day the pool area would have been buzzing.

RobinM

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 02:17:45 PM »
Hi lynwill,
Just caught up with this tread as been away for a few days.
I enjoy riding and went to Roda. It wasa nice day out but you all ride out together and have to stay in line. Im afraid there is not a chance of galloping on the beach (you may get a short canter if your horse takes of acerdently) hmhm but the guys with you soon have you back in line. It's still nice to hack through the olive groves, just make sure you give your horse his head when you get to the top of the hill on the main road after as the graval is very loose on the surface unless thats been changed now (this was May) Anyway it's worth going just so you can smell of horse. Enjoy. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com