Author Topic: Book Swaps  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Stuart

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Book Swaps
« on: January 12, 2005, 09:48:03 PM »
It is so nice to be able to ask questions on a forum like this - whatever did we do without the internet?????   :roll:

Anyway, a post on a different forum prompts me to ask whether there is anywhere in Arillas where you can swap books while you are there?

I know this sort of thing operates in some places - usually in the tour company offices or at individual hotels - but I wondered if anyone has set something up there?    :D

Thanks

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Book Swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:00:58 PM »
Hi Stuart

Its been two years since we were in Arillas, but I can say I dont remember seeing any such places, however I do know that there is a large book swap place at the manos meeting office at the Dyonisis and I think Arillas travel have one, you invarably find most of the hotels/studios all allow you to do a swap.

I'm sure you will get quite a response on this question

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Stuart

Book Swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 10:27:05 PM »
Thanks Tracey

That will give me another excuse to have a wander round the hotels.  :lol:  

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Book Swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 10:39:29 PM »
Stuart

I have just had a quick thought, just down the road from Dimitris' place on your left hand side before the supermarket is a place where you can hire a safety deposit box if I remember correctly they had a book swap.  

As you said it gives you a good excuse to visit the other acommodations.

Must go, I've been promising Sally her evening walk for the past hour and she is now sighing at me - anyone would think I wasnt going to take her - mind you it is cold out there!!  But I'll get my coat on and go - the things we put ourselves through for our four legged loves of our lives!!

Tracey x[/img]

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Book Swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 10:40:47 PM »
They have a good selection of books to swap at the bardis sun studios and the hotel.As you say an excuse to look around the hotels.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Book Swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 12:39:15 AM »
8) Stuart,
             Bardis sun Studios have quite a good one, I'm sure most of the hotels etc. will have something similar
                                           Ivan

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Book Swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 03:48:34 PM »
Arillas Travel do have a small amount of books to swap and so does the Rainbow Bar (In their office where they exchange money) Castaway Travel in Acharavi have the best selection I've found that I quite often make a trip,or 2, and exchange money at the same time.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Book Swaps
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 03:57:37 PM »
Hi, Tracy you are quite right about the place with the safty deposit boxes, they had some good book's there and also do a cash exchange. Wish I could remember it,s name but think it was either Libra or Manos. Haven't got to take Kizzy out today as shre was spayed yesturday and is fast asleep, poor little might.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Elaine&Baz

Book Swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »
Hi Folks

I think the place you are thinking about is Anna's car hire, they share an office with Libra and also do deposit boxes and exchange currency etc.

Anna also has a book swap at the studios too!

Elaine

Offline malky

Book Swaps
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 10:10:20 PM »
I believe there is a good selection at the Marina hotel, just inside the small side door.
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline Samantha

Book Swaps
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 12:13:36 AM »
Yes I've seen a collection at Arillas Travel but I don't remember it being a very big one
Samantha McCoo  :-)

Booking.com