Author Topic: Air Malta  (Read 18491 times)

Offline gaye

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Air Malta
« on: August 02, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »
Well we arrived at 9pm as instructed to check in for our midnight flight. We endured the nightmare that is Terminal 2 Manchester Airport [ every where closed apart from Alpha Retail and rather a grubby Burger King which had run out of tea, coffee and ice cream!]
So we waited and waited until 2 am with no apologies for the delay or information up on any board.
Finally a bad tempered and dismissive Duty Manager informed us that the flight had been cancelled owing to insufficient crew.
So here we all are ,back in rainy Stockport waiting to return to airport at 11:45 to check in again!
Total taxi cost to dateŁ55!
gaygo

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
Re: Air Malta
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 11:38:34 AM »

Gaye,

You poor thing! How awful for you & how frustrating. I can't believe they let you sit there for hours without saying anything to you?
Hopefully when you go back again there won't be any more delays & you can simply hop on the plane & get going.
I wish you a speedy journey & a fantastic break!
BeckyB x

riggers

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »
Sorry to hear that. How annoying.

Hope you get off soon and enjoy your holiday.....

riggers....

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:09:20 PM »
omg we fly with airmalta on monday im worried now.
we were delayed 15 hours in may .im praying now even though im not religigous (sp)

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 05:52:02 PM »
Hi Gay - jeez that doesn't sound good at all does it. I'm going to monitor their outgoing flights now until I come out in September so see what's what! I haven't had any responses to taxi share as yet and I flight out with Air Malta - jokingly I said I may be the only one on the plane ... maybe and I will have to fly the darn thing!

Am not happy

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »
We were dalayed coming home in May (Air Malta) same reason given... no crew

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 09:12:27 PM »
hi kes - we have watched the Manchester disasters of flight delays and read about it on here. Every time we looked at it in the airport, the flights from there were in a mess. What the **** is going on?

It isn't so bad on the way back because your holiday is over, but it would p**s me off badly if I had to wait a whole day to get to Arillas when we arrived, like we heard about from a forum member earlier. And at your own expense. And nobody even bothers to tell you.

The Greeks might not be organised but they make the Brit Tour Operators look positively chaotic. We only ever take the package when it is cheaper than the flight only.

No crew?????????

Phil

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 12:53:00 AM »
I would bet Air Malta do not have crew based in the UK and they ran out of legal hours to operate the flight due to the delay, looking at the time you have been told to check-in it seems the crew are taking minimum rest here in the UK and then will be operating your flight tomorrow.

I hope it all goes better for you tomorrow.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 01:00:29 AM »
Spot on...we have never left Manchester on time..on average 1hr late taking off and thats around 15 flights ..also don`t seem to matter who the carrier is...  its the "CORFU - GATE    CONSPIRICY
                                                                                                       Abduction 3

riggers

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 01:15:26 AM »
Now we have some light on the subject. We have never set off on time from Manchester on time either, or going back. "Well maybe once"

riggers....

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 03:31:10 AM »
Gaye....what a nightmare. I hope as I write this you are safely tucked up in your beds in Arillas....
Sandy x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »
Hi everybody

Just back this morning, 16 hours late thanks to the wonderful Air Malta!! Never again!!  On the way out we had a 3 and half hr delay (that meant we flew at 3.30 AM!) and coming back, we were supposed to fly out Sat morning 06:20am and ended up flying at 10:30pm Sat night!!! They ended up sending us to a 4 star hotel for a few hours but the waiting around we endured was horrendous.  I really pitied the people with small children. I will do a full hol post later as this did nothing to take away my fabulous holiday!!

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 03:35:42 PM »
this is getting worse. its as bad as thomas cook .
sorry joe.
i fly tomorrow at 1.30pm wonder what time we will end up in arillas.
we are taking laptop so will et you all know when we arrive
sue and ian.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 03:45:26 PM »
Delays have been horrific this year across the board from all carriers, this is one thing that cannot be down to cost cutting as safety is paramount. The mergers may be a large factor as 2 flying programs try and work as one and we all know the airport themselves are getting more restrictive taking longer and longer to pass through each year but it still does not explain the smaller carriers Air Malta were more or less spotless until recently.

Airlines need business, especialy repeat business more than ever at the moment so this could not be happening at a worse time, excuse the corporate lingo but our flying programs should synergize by the start of next summer so there should be a much better on time performance albiet with slighly less frequency.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 05:02:57 PM »
Joe... I wonder if these delays are happening with flights to other European destinations or is it just the Corfu factor?
In a previous posts there was a comment re Corfu Airport having to upgrade there technology etc.. due to EEC regulations...

Oh for the days of the Stagecoach

Stage Coach

Booking.com