Author Topic: Easy Jet tickets for sale  (Read 27885 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Easy Jet tickets for sale
« on: August 04, 2008, 04:01:34 PM »
I dont know if its possible to sell our tickets with Easyjet for 11th-25th September.

Not really worth claiming on insurance as the excess is too high not making it worth it.

If anyone is interested PM me...we might leave it for another couple of weeks but we might have to off load these due to family illness.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Easy Jet tickets for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 04:09:14 PM »
You can't claim money back from EJ but you could transfer them to someone else. BUT you have to pay £25 per ticket to change the name PLUS the difference of what the ticket would now cost.....
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Easy Jet tickets for sale
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 09:01:07 PM »
thanks Sandy.  We might just have to give it up as a loss then  -  £177 worth

Offline Mart n Dawn

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »
a few years ago i had to cancel an easyjet flight. i wasn't able to get my money back but i was able to keep the money as a kind of "credit" and use it against another easyjet flight.

their policies may have since changed but might be worth a try. good luck :)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 11:30:31 PM »
I think I have heard of that too....worth a try Sue. Sorry to hear about your father-in-law...xx
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 11:55:57 PM »
And us BG. But maybe you can "bank it" like martndawn and sandy say. At least you'd have a ready made Arillas holiday there for when it becomes possible again.

thinking of you
phil and jen

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 11:00:08 AM »

Blonde Girl,
I just wanted to say how sorry I am to learn that you won't be heading out in September.
I had rather hoped that we might bump into you then as it's our intention to grab a week or so if we can - although it will be very last minute now if we do manage it.
I would have approached you about the tickets as well - but it seems like there's not much point judging by what other Forum members have said.
I wish you & all your family well & just wanted to add my voice as well to let you know Christian & I are thinking of you.
BeckyB x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 12:54:22 PM »
I echo Becky's comments Sue. So sorry to hear you wont get the chance to be in Arillas.  I hope that everything works out for you x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 11:19:34 AM »
Thanks for all your kind words.  I will definately give it a go with EJ and see if I can "bank" our tickets. 

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 03:03:51 PM »
Sorry to hear that you wont be having your holiday Sue.

Good luck with Easyjet.

Take care

Shuey

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 03:15:09 PM »
Thanks Shuey, at the moment with a month away it looks like we shall be going now.  Dad is still in hospital but we have been told to go anyway.  Family are sorting out our cover and we will come back asap if needs must.  So it looks like Arillas here we come!

I did phone EJ though... eventually getting through at 65p per min!  They do not do refunds but you can transfer your tickets on line or over the phone... it is £20 per person per flight = £80 plus any extra for the new flights wherever and whenever you choose... also if we used our insurance it is £60 excess each anyway so it isnt worth all the hassle especially when they were cheap tickets anyway.  You have up to 2 hrs before the flight to transfer them.  Might be useful for anyone else if they have to consider this.

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 03:58:26 PM »

The main thing is that you get your much needed break Blonde Girl & I'm so pleased that your friends & family are encouraging you to go - & more importantly, that your Father is continuing to make good progress.
It's a pain though isn't it - trying to cancel flights or change them? A bit of a headache & I agree, not really worth it ultimately.
I'm just about to book our flights on EasyJet for end of Sept - the 27th until Oct 7th.
Will you still be there?
Apart from the 'red tape' involved in trying to change flights with EasyJet, I'm still impressed with them & costs & flexibility of times etc.
BeckyB x.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 10:50:10 PM »
Hi Becky.  We are due to come back on the 25th September, so we shall miss you.

We havent done DIY for a while so a little bit apprehensive.. I got out of the holiday mindset when all dads illness took over so I have to get back on track again.  I cant stand being disorganised so it will take me the next month to sort it all out again.  I am definately not packing a load of stuff this time (I say it every year).

We have never had any problems with EJ and are looking forward to flying with them although I did hear that they only have a 10 minute slot for their flights, if they miss that then thats when the problems start backing up and the planes are delayed.  Oh well!  In the whole scheme of things delays wont matter as we thought we wouldnt be going anyway.  Actually getting on the plane will be a bonus!

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 12:14:35 AM »
Its so hard knowing what to do for the best.  We are in the same position, didn't get away in May as helping to look after my terminaly ill uncle and was told he only had weeks left.  Well he has fought all the way and is still with us.  We had booked last year for our week in September and do I need this holiday.  Been told by family to go as there is nothing more we can do but it will be on my mind the whole time.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 01:41:01 AM »
Fingers crossed for you Jill....
Sandy x

Booking.com