Author Topic: Arillas Beach  (Read 11938 times)

Anonymous

Arillas Beach
« on: January 13, 2005, 08:54:43 PM »
When we were leaving Arillas last september the beach, including the "nudie" part had all but disappeared as a result of the storms.
Is it back to normal now ?
We enjoyed Arillas so much that we are returning in June and hope that all of the beach will be back to normal.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
arillas beach
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 09:06:07 PM »
you miust of been there the same time of us, as far as i no th beach is back, but i was told the sea does come right in at this time of year. i can guarentee the beach will be perfect on your return. alex

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Arillas Beach
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 09:28:24 AM »
When are you going in June?As we will be at the Marina from 3rd June for a week.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Arillas Beach
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 12:54:16 PM »
The beach has been disapearing for years.Our first year (May) we could walk the whole length no problems.The second year(may)we had to get our feet wet a few times but our second week it was ok.First week of May it does tend to go away,it all depends on the direction of the winds.Last year in May we could not get to the nudist beach at all,in fact the weather was very bad.End of September and the beginning of October once the Thunderstorms had past the weather was great and we could get to the nudist beach with no trouble.June should be ok
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Lyndsaym

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Arillas Beach
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 01:20:41 PM »
Oh i do hope the beach is back in May as my mum and dad are going today to book a week on 20th May staying at Bardis Sun.

Lyndsay
Can't wait til next year!!!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Arillas Beach
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 03:30:15 PM »
You should be alright then its usually the first week of May and by the second week its back
Harold,

Offline Lyndsaym

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Arillas Beach
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 03:33:43 PM »
Thanks Harold,
I'm so jealous of my mum and dad cos they are gonna be in Arillas this year before i am.  They have just phoned and they have it book and all, lucky so and so's!!!

Lyndsay
Can't wait til next year!!!

Offline malky

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Arillas Beach
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 10:15:34 PM »
Hi, we were there for the last week of the season and the beach WAS back to its usual splendid clear self.

Harold, i've been there when you can walk the full length as well on the 1st week but not the 2nd, all to do with the moon and directions of the winds, so i've been told..
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Arillas Beach
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005, 08:04:49 AM »
Malky,
 Our first year in Arillas we were there the first two weeks of May and we were able to walk the whole lenght of the beach both weeks.In fact there was a Yorkshire family staing in the Kokinos above us who asked us which part of the beach do we use,we told them the bottom end,but it was a nudist beach.The next day they came down to join us(we were not naked) and then the wife decided to go and see the mayor to complain that there were people walking about on the beach naked,he more or less told her to take a running jump(but more politly)
At that time the beach used to get packed,it turned out to be a religous sect tehy used to meet up in the Tavernas in the evening and they all wore something Orange.The leader was a South African and his number2 was a German called Kurt.He once said to Sally(she was reading a book call Firefly Summer and i was reading one with a Volcano erupting on the front cover)that she was the fire in which i burn(whatever that means).Our second summer i decided to start to wear orange just to confuse them.They did come that year but were not to sure about us,(me being in orange )some did say hello just in case we were part of the group.After that they started going elsewhere.It was nearly all middle age women(with money)by the looks of it though
Harold,

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Arillas Beach
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 01:09:23 PM »
Hi Harold
 yes ,even over the last few years that we have been going we've noticed there seems to be less beach, as we use to walk quite a way past Sea Breeze, we know the sea's are getting higher but at least its not eroding the land away ,although it has up the other end where the cliff path starts.

Those guys in orange ,they wern't Dutch football supporters were they ???

Paul/Deb5

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Arillas Beach
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 01:46:39 PM »
Hello Paul/Debs,no most certainly not dutch football fans :lol:
Harold,

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Arillas Beach
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 02:04:12 AM »
Hi Harold
      Even no football fans ? maybe just the Greek ones ?

Paul/Deb5

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Arillas Beach
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 04:38:39 PM »
Aplogies to those who replied to this topic (which we started) but we had trouble with our registration and were unable to fully use the site for a while.
Thanks for replies, we really hope that the entire beach will be accessible when we return in June.
We'll be at The Rainbow from 13 June for 2 weeks.

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Arillas Beach
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 11:30:40 AM »
Hi Steve & Val
Don't worry we all have computer problems with being on line.
I'm sure the beach will be its normal self by the time we go and last year when they had the storm they had cleared the debris in a couple of days.
No Problem.

Paul/Deb5

Booking.com