Author Topic: JUST GOT BACK FROM ARILLAS BAY!!!  (Read 14418 times)

Offline Joanne

JUST GOT BACK FROM ARILLAS BAY!!!
« on: August 05, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »
Well, what can I say after all the worry before I arrived!  Nothing to worry about at all.  We had a fabulous time! After we arrived,  Yanni asked if everything was ok and if we needed anything then we were to ask.  I asked and I got!!

We were in A block (so I cannot comment on B block) The apartment was cleaned every day,  bins emptied etc...

The pool was clean.There were problems with the pump on one occasion but as soon as Yanni knew he fixed it. (this could happen at any pool!) 

There has been problems, his father has just had an op re cancer and Yanni recently separated from his wife and he has the two children to care for.  It was touch and go whether it opened at all this year.  He said that he was behind with painting etc due to the family problems...he was busy painting around the pool area, and generally tidying up the place, and you know what I believe him! 

WOULD I GO BACK TO ARILLAS BAY?  YES

I do not feel that Arillas bay has let Arillas down.  Arillas is a lovey place and we are going back again next year (our 5th time)

I have had bad experiences in Portugal and Crete and wouldnt go back.  Dont even start me on Portugal and Crete!! 

I JUST WANT TO SAY TO ANYONE GOING, GO WITH AN OPEN MIND AND ENJOY. ANY PROBLEMS LET THE REP OR YANNI KNOW AND THEN THEY CAN SORT IT. 

Joanne

PS

Eggy could you let me know whats happening with Whispers?

Offline Timbo

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
Re: JUST GOT BACK FROM ARILLAS BAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:05:20 PM »
I am really glad you had a great holiday Joanne and I am sure plenty of forum members will appreciate your post!
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 11:06:33 PM »
This is good news. I'm so glad you had a good holiday and I'm sure many people will be relieved to see your post.
Sandy x

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 11:53:22 PM »
Hi, Joanne.  After what`s been posted before, this is a breath of fresh air. Glad you let us know.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 12:16:33 AM »
Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your update.  It's good to hear that the Arillas Bay is back on track.

Eileenx

Offline grace

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 04:17:39 AM »
Glad to see Yanni is trying.He has a lot of hassle at this hard time.He always has time to chat when you walk past,no wonder we didnt see much of him in May.All power to him,and hope he comes through.Cheers,David and Ann.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 07:32:53 AM »
I am so relieved that it is all coming together with the Arillas Bay. Thanks Joanne for the update. Have read all the earlier posts with horror and dismay and know how true they were. Friends abused and people hurt. That is not this anorak's version of Arillas......

But I don't have a completely blind affection for the place - Jen and me make it into our slice of heaven by getting involved, like you did. It is the people who make it, and like Dimitris said, they could also destroy it. Not many of us here would do that.

Phil

riggers

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 08:24:37 AM »
Thanks for your positive report on Arillas Bay Joanne. Also glad you had another great time in Arillas.

riggers...

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 10:04:38 AM »
Wow it's greatr to hear that Yanni is manageing to turn things round again. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 10:31:47 AM »

That's great news Joanne - lovely to read your report & so glad you had a good time. I can't really add much more because I think everyone else has said it but thanks for reporting back & it sounds like you had a fab holiday.
Bet you're glad to get back to our 'heavenly' weather huh?
BeckyB.

Offline lil.chipmunk

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 10:57:44 AM »
Hi Joanne,
Thanks for the positive review, I'm heading out next Monday and you've given me some more peace of mind along with others who have given positives about the AB.
Can't wait to go, especially as the weathers not too fantastic at present!

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 10:59:09 AM »
Hi Joanne

I think you have just restored faith in Arillas Bay.  Well done and well done Yianni.

Amanda

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 11:08:41 AM »
I don't know much about Arillas Bay Apartments, but I am really pleased that Joanne had a lovely holiday there and that she took time to give a positive report about it.

I think it would be good for her report, to be copied to the original Topic: Arillas Bay Apartments 2008....BEWARE! which has been read 5384 times. It is only fair that the family get the recognition that they deserve for turning the place around. It would be a shame if the original report put people off staying there, in the future.

Offline Mart n Dawn

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 11:28:42 AM »
Yes well done Joanne and I agree with TerryW - by posting it on that thread as well it may reassure people due to travel to Arillas Bay.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 11:36:24 AM »
Hello Joanne,

I am really glad to hear that you had a lovely holiday in Arillas Bay :)
Life is good ;)

Booking.com