Author Topic: 2009 XL Prices  (Read 20036 times)

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: 2009 XL Prices
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »
Mick-G

I have been in the same situaton with Zoom, what annoys me is they have taken my money to keep their company afloat and are sending us to our credit card companies for compensation. With so many companies going under makes me think the credit card companies will have to recover these losses somehow, interest rate rises could be on the way !

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 08:15:37 PM »
I am worried for the bar Owners because of this. I will definately still be going to arillas next year but not sure if it will be for the two holidays that we were planning. I wander how many people will change there plans and not go at all?

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »
We will have to think twice about a holiday next year the way things are going.  My 2 holidays to Arillas each year is the only thing that keeps me sane and thats debatable at times ha ha

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2008, 08:53:51 PM »
MickG you must be on my wave length,as I was just doing the math, if there were only 10 people on one of XL flight to Corfu today or tomorrow and they were all staying in Arillas for 1 week,with an average spend of maybe £700 per cpl for the week that's a minimum of £3500 not being spent in the village,may not sound allot but when you multiply it by 1000's to the island that will hit the economy.Okay so its the end of the season some will say but some MAY have been relying on this, its a bit like the butterfly effect.
Ang

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 11:09:58 PM »
We are facing the scary prospect of not getting to Arillas next year because of cost. (first time in 11 years) We have used XL every year simply because they beat everyone else on price hands down but the nearest alternative is showing prices of £400 more for us all. Its hard enough to justify that money each year but even more so now with the 'credit crunch'.

Offline LPO

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 11:16:45 PM »
Hi Jo

Check out the prices for Kaloudis with Thomson.  i know its not at the apartments you prefer, but there are some good prices from Manchester for the weeks you like.

Booking.com