Author Topic: galini apts  (Read 21381 times)

Offline Millsy

galini apts
« on: August 11, 2008, 04:37:44 PM »
Hi, I'm new on here and arriving inArillas next monday to stay in the galini apts, does anyone know if they're ok, also i'm travelling just myself and my daughter who's 15yrs old, where would anyone recommend for a drink or meal?

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
Re: galini apts
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »

Hi there Millsy & welcome to the Forum,
No doubt you'll be inundated with lots of advice & top tips from other Forum members fairly soon.
I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Galini Apartments - but if you look in the accomodation section I'm sure they'll be postings about it there - or I suspect people who have stayed there will post you a reply fairly shortly.
In terms of places to eat & drink with your daughter - you'll soon find yourself spoilt for choice as the food is seriously yummy!

My faves include the Brouklis Taverna, Kosta's On The Beach and a really cracking place to have breakfast or lunch is Helen's Creperie - on the seafront & I think your daughter would probably enjoy that as well.

There are loads of great places to eat & drink & I'm sure that other people will be able to give you great advice in regards to this.
One thing I can tell you is, you & your daughter are going to have a brilliant time - you really are.
Make sure you tell us all about it when you get back.
Happy Holidays!

BeckyB.

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 04:50:32 PM »
Hi. Will PM you Millsy.
Lindypops.

Offline Millsy

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 05:05:55 PM »
Hi, and thanks for the reply,

I'm really looking forward to my hols, I was in Arillas in 2000, so quite a long time ago now but I loved it then so am very excited that I'm returning, my daughter loved it then but she was only seven at the time, so I'm a bit apprehensive that she will be a bit bored at hanging out with her mum for a whole two weeks, just hope there are other kids her age there that she can strike up a friendship with, its hard travelling as a single parent, you tend to stick out like a sore thumb.....

Deb.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 05:12:47 PM »
Deb you won't stick out like a sore thumb in Arillas. Lots of us go out there as single parents and nobody bats an eyelid. I first went with my two in 1993 and went back every year after that until they were each about 17....they loved it and there are sure to be loads of other youngsters around. If you can face it (!), have an evening at the Malibu - she's bound to meet up with some teenagers in there.
Sandy x

Offline Millsy

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 05:16:46 PM »
Thanks Sandy,

I'm beginning to feel a whole lot better, nothing worse than the wrath of a moody 15yr old lol,  :).

Deb.x

Offline Millsy

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 05:23:28 PM »
Hi,

By the way if anyone else will be there from Monday, let me know ok.... if my daughter ends up with a gang of friends i'm gonna be a real billy no mates   lol.. :)

Deb x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »
Millsy...I will be there from Sunday for two weeks. There's usually a good crowd in the evenings at the Rainbow. You're welcome to join us.
Sandy x

Offline Millsy

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 05:35:59 PM »
Hi Sandy,

Thanks for that, I will see you there .........where is it :)  tried to find it on the map but i can't see it.

Deb x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 08:08:59 PM »
Deb

Walk towards Arillas beach, from Gallini, and within 5 minutes you will find the Rainbow Pool n Bar on the left hand side.

I think you will find the Gallini a very nice place to stay. - Enjoy!

Negg

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 08:32:53 PM »

There you go Deb,
You've had your first invitation & I bet there'll be more besides!
I thought someone would be able to tell you about the Galini - good old Eggy!
I think you're going to have a great holiday :-)
BeckyB x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 10:44:36 PM »
The Galini is great!  Great studios, all you need for a great holiday.  We had no air con but we rented a fan from Kostas.  He can be a bit moody, talks to himself a lot but we got on ok... he is brilliant making his own cocktails!  He does have trouble with his english which is half his problem, well actually all his problem.   His parents are lovely and would leave apricots outside our room.

The pool is brilliant and the studios are literally 2 seconds from the Bakery and supermarket.  Its in quite an ideal base as its at the top end of the "circle" and you can walk all the way round to the new bar near the Makris and carry on past the Vavilas fish restaurant and the Bardis Sun til you come to the Sea breeze and sea front... then you can carry on walking all the way round up the road past the Brouklis and you come back to the Galini.

There is a walk at the back of the Galini, past the olive groves up the small hill, come to the church and get onto the main San Stef. road carry on til you come to the junction and bear right, which takes you right down into Arillas again... this is a very nice walk.

The Captains restaurant is very good value and does very large portions and that is opposite the Marvellous Hotel which is next door to the Rainbow and this is within 5 mins from the Galini... You are ideally placed!

I know you will love it.  We did on our first visit to Arillas and have some very happy memories there, meeting some lovely people.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Millsy

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 01:07:47 PM »
Thank you all for your replies :)

I'm really looking forward to going on Monday, especially as its raining .... again!!
Does anyone know what the temp is in arillas at the moment?, ... I'm so glad i joined this site :)

Debx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 01:18:27 PM »
Hi Millsy

Galini is just opposite the Elena Stella where Jen and and me are staying from Aug 27 to Sept 26. Sadly we'll miss you. If you turn right as you walk out of Galini, you will come to the bakery and supermarket (they even do skimmed milk which was the only thing Jen said she would miss when we live there permanently) and just a short walk and the Rainbow is on your left. Opposite is the Captains, next door is the Marvel, then you get to Brouklis and the main centre with Malibu/Coconut etc etc.

Turn left and you will head towards Vavilas (best fish in Arillas) a new taverna, and on to the Bardis Sun and the sea front from the other direction. Like BG says, an ideal location.

Know you will have a great holiday, and so will your daughter.
Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 01:22:52 PM »
Deb

Temp in shade , at 1:25 pm today, hovering around 27 deg.

Negg

Booking.com