Author Topic: Indepentently or Package?  (Read 183982 times)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Indepentently or Package?
« Reply #240 on: September 24, 2016, 08:42:08 AM »
Spot on there Phil !
Hope you and Jen are well mate and enjoying retirement ........
Happy days....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2016, 04:36:50 AM »
Also to consider - on several occasions, (we prefer independent to package for flexibility), is different airlines from different airports for the separate legs of the trip.I realise this may not be practical for alot of people, but we quite often do (for example ) , 'out' from Leeds with Ryanair, and 'back' to Manchester with Easyjet. On the last occasion, this resulted in a net saving of £50 per person (- representing an excellent meal in the Brouklis, followed by a darned good night out in the 'Nut or Malibu or Rainbow or take your pick!!)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2016, 10:42:33 AM »

Hi All

Reading this post a lot of you go indepentntly now i am not at work i have been looking on the net at different flight sites it is a good job my heart tabets are working the price range from £200 to £2600 from gatwick to corfu a week in may for to old gits her and me you definitely got to search around
we have always used package holidays we have used easy jet to see our daughter in Island army base thats not to far to get back home if anything goes wrong with the air line
Do you remember XL we new a couple while on holiday on a Greek Island who was with XL they spent the whole two weeks looking for a return flight home we had our two weeks they were still looking to get home
we have booked with T/C at the tria adelphia with our family for our daughters wedding
but the year 2018 we my have to go indepentently as i am not at work  but we always think about XL went bust we do not want to spend our holiday looking for a return flight

kevin

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2016, 04:31:15 PM »
Kevin
If your not working and are able to take your holiday at any time then just search for the Package deals,
there are some excellent prices to be had.
In May this year T/C were offering a week at the Rainbow £150 we have booked 2 weeks over the May bank holiday 2017 for £308 each.
The bargains are there, yes you may have to travel within a couple of weeks but if your not working then that's not a problem
It may be worth thinking about.   

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #244 on: September 27, 2016, 08:35:22 AM »

Hi John

Thanks we will look at the best deals around at the moment bev is still working so we are bit limited but we will always try and get to Arillas

kevin

Booking.com