Author Topic: Indepentently or Package?  (Read 184078 times)

Offline jean

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Indepentently or Package?
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »
Hi Dimitris
We've been to Kaloudis twice, booked a package through Thomsons. For our last visit in May we booked directly with Anna via email and got a flight with Monarch. Apart from a long delay on the return journey it was all very easy and stress free, especially being met at the airport by Tasos. Like Terry we prefered this method as we know Anna benefits directly. Hoping to do the same the again May09 but watching the flight prices and hoping that Joe is right and the cost may come down a bit.

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »
Hi Dimitris,

we have booked a package every year, first 2 years through manos, this years & next years through Thomas Cook.
I got a Thomas Cook on-line price for 2 weeks at Perry & Jimmys next July then went into travel agents to see if they could better the price, & they did, for me, hubby & daughter who will be classed as an adult next year it was about £1400 which was much cheaper than this year.
We paid over £2000 this year but there were 4 of us(although my daughter qualified for a 'free' childs place) & we went during the summer hols. Next we are going on 6th July.

Only about 40 weeks to go now!!

I need to update my ticker!

Karen

Offline emeralddragons

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2008, 01:08:07 AM »
Hello Dimitris,
We are great believers in independent travel, but Finland is far away from almost anywhere, and for less frequented destinations, package tours may be not only the cheapest, but also the only direct flights available. So we shall be back in Arillas this autumn on a Finnmatkat package holiday.
    In November 2008, EasyJet will establish itself in Finland. We do not yet know what possibilities EasyJet may offer, but certainly hope they will make it easier for us to book independently in the future. Meanwhile, we are thrilled to be back in Arillas soon. 

Offline dorothy

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2008, 10:14:25 PM »
Hi Dimitris

This year we booked independently.  We booked flights early at £220 each( good as we fly from Belfast) and accommodation at the Marina.  Total price was probably a bit cheaper than a package holiday and we much prefer to holiday this way.  We then wanted an extra week and managed to change our outgoing flight for £70 each.  We spent that extra week at the Portofino. Accommodation in both places was excellent and we love a beach front location-Arillas is just such a perfect place.

Dorothy
Dorothy

Offline Sammy1

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2008, 10:04:02 PM »
I have booked independently the last few years, I have found it works out cheaper.  I tend to stay in the same private apartment.  It has a fantstic view of the coast as it is up the hill. Booked flights through thomson ths year, XL last year, won't be using them again then if they have gone bust.

Offline Valdasteve

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2008, 03:33:23 AM »
This year= first year and most probably not the last from what we've seen on this site- booked late hols with Manos. and 1 week later found they'd got taken over by Thos. Cook. We usually book independently, but this time around the prices were so much better than independent, for the type of place we wanted to be, ie Arillas. we just couldn't say no to the good price.  Just a question of where you want to be and whether you've dropped lucky. We did but only by one week . after which the tour ops all increased their prices or gave no availability for Arillas. Looks to me like Arillas is booked up from 22 September or the internet sites do not want to give uo
 this gem- would be very angry to have paid  so much more a year or so ago in brochure prices , otherwise would have done it independently

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2008, 10:23:16 PM »
i think the year coming is going to prove a task for all, as package is sometimes cheaper,but so what ,,lets just all get there ,some how ,and spend our dosh through-out the resort...it wiil be hard for famiies,as the cost goes up ..so pull your belts in now ,,,get over xmas.. and go for it....remember,arillas is special to many ,and if you  dont get there nex year ,it will still be there in 2010....yammas to all...

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2008, 05:08:09 AM »
You're right kevin -
the year coming is going to prove a task for all

Well, assuming that it will stay the same is idiotic. Even the Coconut has to make money.  We all assume that that these facilities are always going to be there.

I can dance in their bar and chat up their customers, but in the end they have to make money. (Kostas, Hannah - can you remember PhilandJen dancing and drinking vodka frappe??? and Cher??? I just adored dancing with you Hannah. You follow really well. I so enjoyed that evening.) Len Goodman would have given us "10."

Arillas as a hoilday resort is more perfect than most of the others. Honest naturists the world over would love it's laid back attitude. COME HERE and be honest true and undeniable, Arillas is heaven on earth

Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2008, 07:34:27 AM »
As you know Pete and I are already booked independently for May 2009. I was messing about on line yesturday and went on to Manos site where I saw a 2 week holiday for exactly the same flights same dates and the whole thing was £2 cheaper then our flight. These things do happen but it will proberly be more expensive nearer the time and if you need to travel on a special date then you get it booked no matter what and at least we havent got to save up anymore ready for our special holiday so dont have to worry about that. I wouldn't want to say which is better. I think it depends whats happerning at the time you book. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2008, 04:16:56 PM »
Complete agreement with Viv
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline donna@colin

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2008, 12:10:27 AM »
would like to book independent but have booked t cook as flights are so dear if doing seperate
regards colin

Offline Gina

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »
have booked package deal as flights alone were omly £200 cheaper than whole holiday will be staying in akti this time always done self catering before so looking forward to this one

Offline mr_ccurtis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Cornish Chris
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2009, 07:11:49 PM »
Hi Dimitris,
                We have booked two weeks in May at Mirage , and two weeks in September at Marvel , both booked through thomas cook as the flights alone booked independantly would cost more than the package holiday not counting the transfers and insurances, Yes we would like to go independant and support the local economy more,   but the price difference is to grate.
                                   Chris and Sandra....
CORNISH CHRIS

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2009, 09:12:06 PM »
The only way to beat the package prices is to book easyjet at least 7 or 8 months before you travel..and even then its a close run thing when you add in the Taxi transfers & the state of the Euro....

Offline dave mull

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2009, 09:40:44 PM »
hi dimitris
we booked via email with alex and stella for three weeks in aug we fly with easyjet which we booked as soon as the said they were flying from manchester at a price of £170.00 each with was a great price although they have shot up now
see you all in aug yehaaaa
dave mulligan

Booking.com