Author Topic: Indepentently or Package?  (Read 183915 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Indepentently or Package?
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2016, 01:02:16 PM »
Not all independent accommodation is on booking.com. I know for definite that Bardis Sun Studios are not on and also I don't think the Mirage is. A lot of accommodation owners like to control their bookings themselves and mainly are full from repeat business. We booked provisionally last year before we left and then booked flights when they came out. As it happened we could go for a few more days so just checked with Bardis Sun Studios that we could extend a few more days and then booked flights. Bobby at BSS is on the ball and knows when the flights come out and so is sat up waiting patiently at his computer for the floods of emails about dates. Last year when Easyjet flights came out I think he was up until about 2 or 3 in the morning answering emails about accommodation and confirmation of availability.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2016, 01:47:40 PM »
Now that's what I call service with a smile Sonia...although probably not at 3.00 in the  morning!
 Great dedication to his customers and obviously their business.

Suzy X

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2016, 01:54:15 PM »
Hi
Just as a matter of interest I looked at booking.com for apartments in Arillas for June 7th 2017 for two weeks to see what sort of availability there is.
June is the latest date you can book for on the site.
They had Alex Studios with 2 rooms available.
Dimitra Studios with rooms available. No number mentioned.
Arillas Studios full.
Anna Studios with 2 rooms left.

Not a great number of choices. Thought I would see   a lot more.

Still thinking of the pro and cons of going independent. Already booked our holidays for 2017 with Thomson in Corfu and Arillas  so no problem

Geoff

Is Bardis Hotel full then Turkeyfoot?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »
Hi
Bardis does not show for those dates
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2016, 02:16:10 PM »
I booked Bardis Hotel through booking.com for August. I did e mail them directly for a couple of weeks and had no reply so just went through the booking.com site in the end

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2016, 05:44:20 PM »
Kaloudis private apartments (2 lots - one with Roula, one with Billy) aren't on Booking.com - have to book direct with them.  Roula is booked up certainly!

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2016, 09:06:11 PM »
I'm not surprised Roula is already booked up, she's such a lovely lady.

Suzy X

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2016, 09:21:48 PM »
Bardis sun studios not to be confused with Bardis Hotel. Next to each other but owned by different people.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #233 on: June 04, 2016, 01:41:18 PM »
I'm not surprised Roula is already booked up, she's such a lovely lady.

...and such lovely clean apartments, whether it's her private ones or the Thomson ones.  She welcomes you like long lost family - yes, she is lovely. We booked for 2017 in 2015 and still struggled for dates!  But that's good that she's getting the income.

Offline sueandmikeakablondegirl

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #234 on: June 13, 2016, 03:46:19 PM »
We loved both the bardis hotel and studios.  Location is brilliant and customer care is amazing

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #235 on: June 13, 2016, 06:11:55 PM »
Yes heard good things about the Hotel as well but I was just pointing out that they are different and Bardis Hotel on booking.com whereas Bardis sun studios are not.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2016, 12:30:24 PM »
Hi
Just returned from a great holiday at  Arillas /Mathraki.
One  topic of conversation amongst the September regulars was the Mathraki going 50% independent next year.
Without exception all those already booked via Thomson next year found considerable savings going package from various airports .
One couple booked immediately  via Thomson from Manchester for Aug 31st, at a total cost of £713, which included an extra 10 kilo luggage allowance and free T/F from airport
Looking at fights only Manchester they were £484. The Matheraki costs were £380 for 14 nights. A total of £864. To this you have to add £45 for extra luggage and say £80 for a taxi T/F. A grand total of £989. A saving of £276.
Its a nice sentiment in thinking that the owners will get more for their rooms from independent customers but many people have a holiday  budget and want the most for their hard earned money.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »
We are doing a week in October Independent. It has worked out at a good price for us. flights Accommodation and car hire £460 for the week
However We have booked a package for next May with T/C because we are unable to match the Independent price compared with the package
T/C Package flight accommodation extra baggage and transfers has cost us £308 each Total £618 from 21 May till 4 June 

Independently
Flights (Ryan air) £516 at todays price  20 May till 3 June
Bags £82
Room £350
Transfer £100
TOTAL  £1,048     
Package price saving =£430
No brainer....Swings and roundabouts me thinks

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2016, 11:34:26 PM »
I always say it, check both options. Pretty much every time for us now independant works out cheaper.
Worth checking different airlines too, not just the budget ones For example Thomas Cook flights to Tenerife in November were the cheapest

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #239 on: September 24, 2016, 12:25:52 AM »
For the last 5 years we have wanted to stay in the same complex (Bardis Sun Studios) so package was not an option. We also wanted 3 weeks which was not always offered as a package.  But with the help of forum (Thorpe in particular) we have managed very cheap flights with Easy Jet from Bristol, and our 6 stays for 3 weeks in peak season have come in at between £820 and £950 for two. Accommodation, transfer and flights with 2 hold bags.

Packages from Bristol never come in below that, and in truth, much more. Next year to Rainbow would be £1350 with Thomas Cook. But we are us, and we live in South West. We would jump at a cheaper alternative, and everybody should, whether package or independent. I think the North get a worse deal than we do, and Scotland and Northern Ireland worse still.

Phil

Booking.com