Author Topic: Indepentently or Package?  (Read 183835 times)

Offline Mango

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Indepentently or Package?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 06:03:19 PM »
We booked this year package deal with Thomas Cook at Mirage.

Next year booked package deal via internet with Thomson staying at Kaloudis.

Amanda

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 06:26:06 PM »
It would also be interesting to see how the North - South comparison in prices.

Me sees there are oodles of choices flying out of Gatwick etc and us up north pay lots more wonga.

Huh!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 06:50:48 PM »
We went to Arillas last year, and have booked for next year also - both times booked online through Thomson. We're staying at the Kaloudis again and looking forward to seeing our old friends again!
It's costing us £572 for 2 weeks from Leeds Bradford, decent flight times, including in flight meals and transfers.  That's for both of us... tight Yorkshire folk!

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 07:25:27 PM »
Cost us for next year, staying at Kaloudis and booking through Thomson online fourteen hundred for my partner, my dad, my daughter and me for two weeks, flights and transfers included.

Amanda

Offline Linsey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 07:31:38 PM »
Hello

We travelled from Glasgow with Thomsons a few weeks ago on a package deal to the Mathraki. We had a great two weeks and couldn't have gone any cheaper booking independently. The flight times and transfers were also excellent - airport was not busy in either direction. It seems that the majority of the English flights leave around the same time on a Friday but our Scottish one was at a quieter time.
It was our first time to Arillas and I'm sure it will not be our last.
I will post a report of our holiday soon with a few pictures.

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 07:46:13 PM »
Sorry I forgot to mention that is from Manchester Airport.

AManda

Offline PaulnMaria

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 08:50:59 PM »
Over the years we have travelled to Arillas using both package holidays (Thomas Cook/CorfuEscape) and independant travel. This year we booked independantly for our May visit as we could not get a package holiday for single travellers (we brought mum along) and the price of the flights was not too bad. We have booked a package holiday for September as flight only was very expensive from the north of England (Jet2 will have finished flying from Newcastle by that time) and the poor exchange rate has increased the cost of independant holiday accommodation this year. However package holidays also seem to have increased in price dramatically this year, again this may be due to the exchange rate but also depends on date of travel. Booking our same holiday package travelling 3 days later would have cost us an extra £170 per person!! 

Offline Bruce

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 08:59:26 PM »
Hi Dimitris
              We booked package because we wanted to stay at the Mirage and it is only avalible with Thomas Cook, (we booked last year within 8 hours of stepping off the plane)

See you in 2 weeks

Bruce and Lynne
xxxx
Bruce and Lynne
Flying out on 28th August 2009 (6th time)
Stopping at the Mirage (4th time)

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 10:02:05 PM »
Dimitris,
            Since we found the Tria Adelphia we have gone with whichever operator they were with first Thompsons then Manos. We now use a taxi from Arillas to pick us up from the airport.
Since the upheaval this year and the problems caused (flight times, charging for 3rd person in a 2 bedded studio and not giving correct information etc) we are now having to change our holiday destination for next year.
No you are not going to get rid of us but we will be coming independent and will be looking for 4 to 6 weeks accommodation for next year when we come over in October.
If anyone sees an oldish nearly bald fellow on crutches or in a wheelchair, give him your best price for accommodation you just might make me a bit happier.
See you as I am hopping about after 29th September, Mick.

Offline robinm

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 10:51:31 PM »
Hi Dimitris

We booked very late through Olympic and got a very good deal at the Thetis palace. We thought Arillas was fantastic and understand why people return year after year. You have a very special place and we will definitely visit again.

RobinM

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 10:57:49 PM »
me and the wife booked with thomson we booked next year`a with thomson

Offline Flynns

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2008, 11:35:40 PM »
Hi Dimitris,

This is our 3rd time, we have done both but this time it was cheaper for the package.  I did contact Gallini direct as you gave me their email but is was more expensive than the package deal which I thought a bit strange, not sure if they had decided to go with Olympic at the time of enquery. Plus there is 12 of us so a bit of a hand full when booking flights.  Look forward to seeing you soon,  2 more sleeps to go !!

Suzanne

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2008, 11:50:17 PM »
Hi.  We booked via Corfu Escape in 08, accommodation only and then booked flights via an internet site.  It worked well and Nancy arranged transport from the airport & return.  For 2009 we have booked independently and paid £429 in total for 2 x flights (daytime) from Manchester to Corfu.  18 May 09 so over the Bank Hol when we would expect it to be a bit dearer.  Hope this helps.  W & S. xx  PS Got flight via www.flightline.co.uk and you only have to pay a £150 deposit no matter how many in party, balance 12 weeks before you fly.

Offline Bet

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 01:24:22 AM »
We booked direct with the Bardis family and booked our flightwith" Dial a Flight",sometimes its with Excel but this June it was with Thomson Flights  from Newcastle and long may it continue!!

Marymary

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 09:23:34 AM »
Hi
I booked my 1st holiday this year in May independently, with the help of Martin-W who gave me the contact for Dorita at Bardis Sun Hotel and she was to book the taxi too, sadly due to my panic and trouble contacting her via phone I changed my plans and rang Spriros directly at the Porto fino and booked a room there. I booked  my flight with Thomson fly , but like Martin ( as that holiday was meant to be solo) rang their call centre direct, as on their websitte you couldn't book a solo flight, strange cause I was on the same flight as if I had not booked solo. Our second holiday coming up on 5th september booked a package with Thomson staying at the Mathraki and that was simply because to book an independant flight was as much as the whole package cost
Take Care
Mary

Booking.com