Author Topic: Arillas bay apartment  (Read 23682 times)

Offline babs

Arillas bay apartment
« on: August 14, 2008, 01:27:23 PM »
Can anyone tell me if the pool are working in arillas bay apartment we are going there on the 1st Sept for two week and could anyone tell me how much are the fans.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas bay apartment
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 03:40:45 PM »
Babs

The pool has been fine for a while now and was being enjoyed when I drove past there today.

Not sure about the hire cost of a fan. It shouldn't be that much as you can buy a fairly decent one for 20 euros.
( Then maybe sell it on when you leave? )

Negg

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
Yiotta was hiring fans out last year, about 10 euro I think.
Lindypops.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 03:49:39 PM »
Eggy that is a brilliant idea!  Do they actually sell them in Arillas though?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 05:31:51 PM »
BG

There's a little D.I.Y shop in Sidari, next to Diellas Supermarket, that sells them.

Currently from 18 euros. ( 20 euros a free standing one )

Negg

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 06:31:05 PM »
Neill,
I agree that whilst you can buy fans cheap and then sell them on, you should think about the owners of the accommodation they are the ones that have to foot the bill. I think that if you are going to buy or rent a fan you should ask the owner if it's ok and if there is a charge for  the electricity  especially if you intend using it all night. If you hire one from the owner they would have taken that into account with the hire charge.
Just a thought, Mick.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 06:47:50 PM »
Good point Mick. They get little enough from the tour operators and don't need to have huge extra electric charges to pay.

But I think Eggy is right - buy one in Sidari, and sell it on to a new arrival. Pay your way on the electricity of course - just talk to your host like you say. And when they say it doesn't matter insist it does, or just keep buying them drinks in their bar.

In our case, we are usually so "tired and emotional" that the fan would never even get switched on - we wouldn't even notice!

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 07:08:12 PM »
Mick

A very good point indeed. - Ask the owner first if they hire them.

And...... if you do have a fan then treat it as your electricity bill not someone elses.

Negg

Offline Quack John

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 03:28:43 PM »
When we were out there a couple of weeks ago (at the AB) the Rep arranged a free-standing fan for us, it was 10 Euro's for the week and worth every penny (or cent!!!).

We didn't use the pool during our time there but it was open and fully functioning as far as we could see.

Offline bmw1106

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 12:51:23 AM »
HI everybody, we are travelling to Arillas staying at the AB next september. My friend at the local Thomas Cook office here in Skegness has been keeping an eye on things. I went to the office yesterday to add yet another relative to the holiday already totalling 16. She said no i cant TC have taken the AB off sale for the forseeable future. Now knowing that things had improved i asked her if she could ring TC head office and find out why. The answer i was given was that TC have not yet decided the final number of hotels/studios etc that they are keeping, which i asked did they mean mostly the manos accommadation and she said yes. The flight is still available so i asked if the owner could be contacted directly and 20 mins later i got my reply. The owner said she/he(not sure who was spoken to) was unsure if they were going to even stay with TC for next season. Bollocks i thought this is putting my wonderful holiday to be under strain and me too.I have been for a another visit today and TC are going to monitor the situation on a weekly basis because as they have said they will probably struggle to find enough rooms/beds to suit all of us being a mixed partly with 7 kids from 1 to 15 and a disabled gent who cannot walk far at all. They also said if i changed the booking i would have to pay, not on your life i said you will not charge me and if you cannot accommodate all of us you will refund me all the monies already paid so there. She just looked at me as though i didnt mean it but believe me i do, they are not going to get away with this. I will keep the forum updated when i get to no more information. I am a very determined woman and with so many of my family going, all of mum and dads grandchildren will be together for the 1st time on holiday, this is going to probably be once in a lifetime. We all no how hard it is to arrange work and school etc. If anybody has any information on this subject i would be happy to hear it. Thanks alot. Love Jill

Offline bmw1106

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 12:53:38 AM »
Sorry for swearing and the long rant.  XX

riggers

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »
Hi Jill.

I hope all goes well for you. I think you may be ok at AB now, when i passed in September all seemed very peaceful. Did you swear? i didn't notice :)  . It's a shame you didn't book the Kaloudis (but i would say that). Ideal for groups like yourselves.

Good luck for next September.
Arillas is SPECIAL wherever you stay.

riggers........

Offline bmw1106

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 01:26:13 AM »
Thanks Riggers it was a toss up between the 2 and the AB came out slightly cheaper and i was worried about my dad walking up the slope a t Kaloudis, which i wanted to stay at but Dad had the deciding vote. It wont spoil my holiday though. We have just had a week in Crete which i love we only had 3 good days of sun but the kids loved it anyway. Had to drag my 8 year old out the pool when he was blue, it was raining too and got very cold but he said im wet anyway mum.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 01:42:02 AM »
Hi Jill

As a long run Arillas Addict you have to take my views with a bucket of salt.

But it is the perfect place for your family to have a great holiday. Arillas Bay has had its share of problems and disasters this year but is still occcupied by people who say they love to be there. Read the forum about it. Kaloudis has never had a bad press.

Arillas is full of everything. Quiet if you want that or clubbing till 5 in the morning. ask EEG! or philandjen.............

Phil

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 02:06:11 AM »
Stick to your guns bm.
Lindypops.

Booking.com