Author Topic: Arillas bay apartment  (Read 23684 times)

Offline SBPL2458

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Arillas bay apartment
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 10:38:53 AM »
Hi Jill, from what I have heard, Arillas Bay are going independent next year as TC would only give them a 2 month contract. I f you look on this site under accommodation you will see AB ( now Seabreeze Apartments ) and booking details direct with the owners.
Lin and Steve.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 11:43:30 AM »
Is the Sea breeze the one on the front with the bar overlooking the beach up past the Horizon?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 12:44:11 PM »
yes it is tony. It is right on the corner, just past the Grazella taverna.

Phil

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 12:52:32 PM »
Thought it was Phil we called in there nearly every night for a couple of Mythos and only  1.5 euro per 500ml bottle was a brilliant place to watch the sunset over Mathraki and Yiannis nephew little Armando really took to us a lovely little lad :-)
                              Tony

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »
Having talked to Janni from sea breeze about next year  I was informed that his accommodation will no longer be with Manos/TC  for he year 2009.
It will be available only with direct bookings through his new website   www.seabreeze-arillas.com

Tel: 0030-26610-35772 or Mobile: 0030-6978940810

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline bmw1106

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 01:52:28 PM »
Thanks alot Dimitris i will be paying TC a visit in the morning.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 02:10:37 PM »
I am afraid from what I saw of it in September I definitely would not eat there... the kitchen was none too clean, even saw two ratd run from the roof and into the kitchen.  I know they are everywhere but there was a broken glass door which wouldnt prevent a rat from climbing in.  I have done catering and Health & Safety, so have seen a few dodgy places but this takes the "biscuit"...  I can usually put up with quite a few things but even the smell made me physically sick every time I walked by.  I really do think they have to some some work on the place for next year.  It is in a "prime position" and could be so much better.  We stayed at the BS Hotel and would see regularly what the cleaning was like and it left a lot to be desired. The mop looked like it had been used on the road.   I really dont think it is up to scratch no matter what they have done already.

Sorry to put another dampener on it but it might improve a lot by next year as I know they have had some really serious family and staff problems this year.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline bmw1106

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »
TC have now confirmed that they will not be using AB for summer 09. Wot happens now i ask? We can put some of your party in the Tria and some at Dionysos 1, no way u promised we would all be together, sorry they say thats the way it is. I walked out of the shop in disgust. I have since rang my brother who was booked, but went through the net. He has had an email from Manos to say they sorry you have cancelled your holiday staying at Dionysos 1, he says i booked the AB not the other one, well you didnt reply to our letter or email we sent you in Sept so we have cancelled your booking. Wot he said i havent cancelled anything and where is my deposit oh we are keeping that because you cancelled your booking. After arguing with them they did agree that he would be refunded all his monies. How can TC and Manos treat people like this. I now have to wait for official confirmation in writing about my accommodation move and then go back to sort it out. I must say that i feel abused by TC  and also very let down, you put your trust and money in the hands of these people and you turn out to be just a number. I will get back my money and try to book independent if i can get us all in somewhere./ Keep your fingers crossed for me. Jill XX

Offline SBPL2458

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 07:04:04 PM »
I think it is disgusting the way you have been treated Jill.
Lin and Steve.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 12:41:23 PM »
Keep your fingers crossed for me. Jill XX

Everything crossed for you Jill!

Offline bmw1106

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 08:55:54 PM »
Well i stuck to my guns and we were offered alternative accommodation. Tria Adelphia, while i no this is a lovely place and lovely people it isnt suitable for our needs. My Dad bless him, he cant walk that far so we said no sorry. Yesterday i spent 2 and a half hours in TC with the lovely Michelle trying her hardest to accommodate 17 people in the same studios(hotel). She tried every which way. Sadly is wasnt meant to be. Either it was too expensive or we could only get 2 or 3 rooms at the most. So i eventually said please try any greek island and get us in somewhere. Two requests very very close to the beach and decent flight times because of the 7 kids. Another day sat in TC ( even got a cup of tea) she came up with Kos i have been to Kos before and didnt really get on with it because the beach and sea were full of rocks, my fault booked over the net and didnt do reviews beforehand. But we had been to this resort Tingaki and the beach was fine, it is now all booked the beach is 25 steps from the pool so dad should be able to manage that without his sticks or chair. I am upset about not returning to Arillas but who knows about 2010 prob wont tell the family and come on our own just us 4. Heaven will have to wait a little longer.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 02:06:33 PM »
BMW1106
Just a thought , but Mick and Mary ( M n M ) stayed at Tria Adelphia and Mick hired a wheelchair for the 2 weeks to get about. Would your father be too proud to sit in one, for those journeys to the beach etc?

Parents can be very proud though. I had to keep twisting my mother's arm for her to use a walking stick. But, all of you , in one place , in Arillas could be a small concession he may make.
( And there's a lot of you to share the "driving" )
Cheers
Negg

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »
I’m not at all surprised at the problems with Thomas Cook. As many of you know I have a long standing battle with them regarding the disgusting state of the B block at the AB and terrible security issues in early July. So far they have broken the ABTA code regarding responding to complaints and after 80 days (28 is the rule) came up with a lame £90 TC voucher, with conditions, said their Quality and HSE team had been working closely with the AB (only to drop the place it seems) answer none of our concerns and to cap it all they said they hoped other aspects of our holiday to TURKEY were enjoyable. Muppets. We have now referred them to ABTA with the possibility of going to arbitration. 

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 03:21:30 PM »
But this aside Arillas is a truely wonderful resort and hopefully (credit crunch permitting) be returning in the next few years :-)

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 04:58:30 PM »
Negg it was for 3 weeks but on the road up to the bakery I had to help Mary with the steepest part as it can be a bit too much to push about a heavy lump like me, the back road was much easier to travel on. bmw1106 if you need a chair, send Olga a pm.
cheers Mick

Booking.com