Author Topic: Snorkling.  (Read 37154 times)

Offline valerie

Re: Snorkling.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 12:00:34 AM »
patrickjohn,
love the picture really funny.i have pink swim shoes as im a bit scared of standing on sea urchins.when i was looking through some old pictures at my mams i found an old picture of me from when i lived in cyprus years ago coming out of the sea wearing my snorkle mask and flippers ,and here i am 30 years later not been able to wait to get back out into the sea.
baldy barry,
thanks for the tip on attracting the fish ive just remembered that while fishing one day i ran out of bread so all i had was a bag of jelly tots and guess what i kept reeling loads of fish in they must of been hungry.
we arrive in Arillis 29th may.really looking forward to our holiday.

valerie

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 11:19:46 PM »
Thanks for that Valerie.  Bet April 29th just can't come round soon enough.
Won't be there myself until September but will be taking my snorkelling gear.

Will try not to fall over everytime I put the flipper on though.  Julia lurks with the camera just because she knows I'm bound to fall over.  Once I get them on though its best to walk backwards until the water is deep enough for swimming.

Best wishes

Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 01:10:23 AM »
P.J !
I always sit down in the water when I put em on and the slide in on the old beer belly !
Very ungainly but practical !
Hope I don't burn !

Nan

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 08:22:33 AM »
So that's how to deal with flippers! This site is a mine of information, I don't know what I'd do without it. Thanks for the advice Barry.

I love the photo P J, cheered me up on a cold wet day.

Valerie I have a very fetching pair of turquoise swim shoes and I often see many people on the beach cast admiring glances at me when I am wearing them ( well i assume they are admiring I may be wrong!) I love the tip about the bread and Jelly tots I thought I was the only one who remembered Jelly tots 6d a bag as I recall. Thanks for the laughs.

Cheers Nan x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 08:37:16 AM »
So that's how to deal with flippers! This site is a mine of information, I don't know what I'd do without it. Thanks for the advice Barry.

:D indeed! I didn't know either....:D
Life is good ;)

Offline MaryH

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 07:19:42 PM »
I tried snorkling when we were in Arillas in September - without the flippers Patric loved the photo of you falling down in yours - I think you look more gracefull than I know I would though! I fall down without them anyway!- I was amazed at all the exoctic looking fish I saw and how clear and clean the sea looked it looked like a never ending sandy bottommed swimming pool - I'm going to invest in my own snorkel for next time, last week in August 1st week in September and hopefully a visit in beteween funds and job situation permitting - that afternoon we spent snorkeling and generally swimming around in the sea I will treasure as one of the best days of the holiday

Take Care
Love
Mary

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 02:20:51 PM »
maryh good on you...
i take my snorkel/mask with me on every holiday...
try getting out to the end of the jetty,,,water starts to get a bit chilly ..but some lovely big fish out there.
this year im hiring a speed boat for the day ,,but will take my snork/mask with me and stop off in several bays to have a swim ....yammas

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »
It was great I loved it - I think I will head off for near the Jetty , I know there must be some good fish there by the amount of people I've seen fishing  there - Kevin that'll be brilliant for you hiring a speed boat

Happy Hols

Mary

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »
good on ya mary ..
yammmmmmmmmmmas

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
Re: Snorkeling.
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 12:07:48 PM »
Kevin.g

We hired a boat last year and there are some great places to snorkel all the way down to Paleo so whatever else you do don't forget the mask and flippers. Oh and the sun tan lotion !!!

Enjoy

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 06:34:59 PM »
cheers paul c ...
yammassssssssssss

Nan

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 08:44:16 PM »
Yeeeees  put plenty sunscreen on legs aswell don't end up looking like a stick of rock like I did last year. wear shorts and T shirt don't leave it to chance it hurts lotsly!!!  Happy snorkeling folks !!

Cheers Nan  xxx

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 03:40:22 PM »
Hi Nan, Hate to tell you this but I found sticks of rock in both Inga's and Alex's last year. Sorry about your sunburn, only had it bad once and I can confirm it hurts lotsy

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »
Try snorkling off the end of the beach to the south, there are a load of rocks and the fish love it around rocks. If you are keen enough and keep going there is a big rock that sticks out of the sea, usually a fishing boat near it and just beyond that a secluded beach, so so lovely. We also hired a simple 10hp boat from the beach and the best sights are deffo down towards paleo. The little island just off Arillas has one tiny beach on the side facing Arillas and the water is very deep, taking a boat round there is also worth it if you have it hired for the day 10am-6pm. Happy snorkling. GazCaz

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 08:39:17 PM »
Try snorkling off the end of the beach to the south, there are a load of rocks and the fish love it around rocks. If you are keen enough and keep going there is a big rock that sticks out of the sea, usually a fishing boat near it and just beyond that a secluded beach, so so lovely. We also hired a simple 10hp boat from the beach and the best sights are deffo down towards paleo. The little island just off Arillas has one tiny beach on the side facing Arillas and the water is very deep, taking a boat round there is also worth it if you have it hired for the day 10am-6pm. Happy snorkling. GazCaz

Booking.com