Author Topic: Finally taken the plunge  (Read 5571 times)

Offline andym

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Finally taken the plunge
« on: August 22, 2008, 02:04:35 AM »
Hello all

Well we have finally booked our first trip to Arillas, we were going to do it a few weeks back but had to hold off, but now we are all booked up for next year. We are going out on the 29th June for 2 weeks and thanks to the advice of Riggers and another chap whose name i sadly forgot we have booked up to stay at the Kaloudis. The deal with got with Thomson was so cheap, i feel like sending them some more money.
 We are two couples and would really like to be in rooms next to each other. Do you think it would be ok for me to contact the Kaloudis direct a bit closer to the time to ask if they could get us together, or do you think that is a bit of a cheek. We have done it before when we all went to Zante and that hotel were ok.

A friend of my wife was the first person to tell us about Arillas, he said it is a really lovely place, just cant wait to get on that plane, but you should not wish your life away.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Finally taken the plunge
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:58:23 AM »
Hello andym,

Welcome to the forum and glad you are joining us next summer in Arillas :)

I am sure there are some Kaloudis visitors who can advise you about contacting the owners.

Happy Friday!
Life is good ;)

Offline Mango

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 10:07:45 AM »
Hi Andym

We will be at the Kaloudis same time as you next year.  We fly out on the 26 June.

You can contact the owners regarding rooms next to each other but we have found when we have travelled with family members they usually give you rooms together anyway. 
If you want to be certain tho you may want to contact Rula who runs the shop on the site.
Amanda

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 10:26:41 AM »
Hi Andy,

Well done on taking the plunge.  I've not stayed at the Kaloudis but it gets excellent reviews on the forum.  I have been up to the shop a few times and I'm always impressed with how well kept the buildings and grounds are.

I'm sure that there has a beach festival in Arillas during the first week in July the past couple of years.  Hopefully if I've got the week right it gives you something 'extra' to look forward to.

Eileen.x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 11:17:07 AM »
Well done on booking..  I would imagine the owners of the Kaloudis would be very accommodating!

Now you can become as obsessed about the place as everyone else here - it wont be long before you are an "addict".  By the time you get there you will "know" the place inside out :-)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 12:19:58 PM »
Well done Andy. It was me! Am sure you will enjoy Kaloudis as much as we did last October. And we always call in for a few beers and jen's swim in the excellent pool after coming off the beach. Some pictures of it in my holiday report (Phil and Jen day by day.)

Roula is the best contact - no it's not a cheek, but probably not necessary. If you ask as you arrive, am sure they will sort it for you.

And with your dates you will be there for the dance festival - a real bonus like Eileen said.

All the best
Phil

riggers

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 02:01:39 PM »
Hi Andym.
Well done for booking the Kaloudis. It is a great place to stay as i am sure everywhere else is. We like to stay above the shop because of the great view, so Roula told us to fax her 2 weeks before we go. I will be faxing her on Tuesday :) .
I think her son deals with her emails so she doesn't get to read them. (waste of time that is).
Fax number is.  0030 26630 51363.

Hope you have a great time.

riggers..

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 07:31:32 PM »
We faxed her when we went this year and she followed our request. It is really easy and she will try her best.
Annie

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 10:49:46 PM »
welcome andym
enjoy the resort and the forum....yammas

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 11:38:21 PM »
Andym
All booked up and waiting to go
Dont worry about wishing the time away we all do that
Wish we were there now, but will have to wish it was Arillas time next year
It will soon be here but it will also pass quickly, thats when you will start wishing you were back there.
Have a good holiday next year, you may well bump into us as we are planning on going a couple of weeks earlier next year. can't wait

Offline andym

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 02:09:04 AM »
Hello 

Thanks for all of those super replies, what a friendly bunch you are.

Hope i dont keep you awake with my snooring Mango, mythos and ouzo has that effect on me, the wife is even worse.

And yes Phil i did remember it was you that was very helpfull when i posted a few weeks ago, just could not think of your name last night.

Anyway, no doubt there will be a few more post from me over the coming months and this dance festval sounds interesting, any excuse to have another litre of house red.

Regards to you all and many thanks

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 03:33:57 AM »
Well Andy, another Andy just told us his family did their first time there and had the most wonderful holiday of their life. The food, the people, the beach.... I just know you will find it there.

Jen and me snore for Greece. We only stay where they have soundproofing out of respect for the other guests.......

Enjoy it like your namesake, and yet another addict will have been born

best wishes
Phil

Offline ash-wolves

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • www.myspace.com/ash_wolves89
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 12:32:52 AM »
welcome andym,

You might just drink a bit more then a little of wine during the festival

Lets just say " it goes down a little easy!"

Enjoy your stay, kaloudis will be great that time My parents will be stayin at that time, forum member mango will be and a couple i meet there last year. You couldnt have picked better dates in terms off the attmosphere and friendly-ness.

Im goin to be out there for 5 months from june so i may well be your waiter at one of the superb resturants or taverners

ash x
Live

The

Dream ! ! !

Offline andym

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 11:56:05 PM »
Thanks a lot for the advice Ash and we will be sure to keep an eye out for everyone including yourself.

Booking.com