Linked Events

• Christian & BeckyB return.: September 27, 2008 - October 06, 2008

Author Topic: Second visit of the year  (Read 4818 times)

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
Second visit of the year
« on: September 02, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »
It's true, we'll be back on the 27th for 10 days - the dream just became a reality :-)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Re: Second visit of the year
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 07:18:30 PM »
Hi, Becky. Enjoy yourself and let us know all about it when you get back. Just curious are you a beach person or a pool person? For me and Heather, it`s the beach.
            Best Wishes    Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »

Hey Paul,
Thanks for your warm wishes. Most definately a beach person.
I love my swimming in the sea & we've both got cheapie little snorkel masks which provide us with hours of fun!
We tend to divide our time into two types of days.
One day will be a beach day with swimming, boogie boarding, reading etc & the next day we'll have an adventure day when we either go off on a giant ramble or hire bikes & head for the hills.
I don't think we've ever done the pool thing - I guess we should maybe try it!

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:44:02 PM »
Hi, Becky. Like you,we love lazing around on the beach, but not every day. Corfu town is one of our favourite place to go and we might make two or three trips. Some in the morning and then in the evening. I think the capital has a unique atmosphere at night. Have you been into St. Spyridon`- it`s really calming in there. We love  roaming the back streets seeing what bargains we can pick up. And we like to walk to the neighbouring villages too. After all that, we`ve got to relax again on the beach.(At the north end,of course)
              Yammas,    Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 08:41:23 PM »
Brilliant news Becky i bet you have started packing already, i cant say as i blame you though.
We tend to have a brekkie then a run about on the scooter until 1 to 2 pm then in the sea for 2 to 3 hours unfortunately i have another 49 weeks to go now but like this year when we arrived it was as if we hadn't been away lol have a good time Becky and a mythos for me :-)
                                                     Tony

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »
You lucky lucky thing!! All you two timers are sooo greedy!.......

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 10:53:57 AM »
You lucky thing Becky - i haven't even made it there once this year!  We have got just over 2 weeks until we go away but sadly not to Arillas.

I hope you have a wonderful time again!!

Take care

Shuey

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 11:07:44 AM »
Becky

How did you geta 10 day holiday ? we can never seem to find anything for 10 days .

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 12:31:35 PM »

Jo,
You're spot on - Christian & I are greedy little so n' so's to be sure - but we just couldn't keep away & after such a lousy summer, I think we deserve it - I think everyone deserves it if I'm being honest!!

Diane,

We decided to do it independently after going down the package route a couple of times & working out that whilst we couldn't really manage a fortnight, 10 days was really the sort of time slot that allowed us to have a lengthy time & re-charge our batteries.
We did it through Easyjet as their flights are very flexible & were able to strike a couple of excellent deals with accomadation.
It still works out cheaper than a package - & we get that all important extra time which we really crave.
This time round we've got 10 nights & 11 full days which is perfect for us!

For what it's worth, I heartily recommend the independent route & am pleased that the money we spend goes directly to the owners themselves as opposed to the travel companies.
Let me know if you need any other info?
Cheers,

BeckyB xx

Booking.com