Author Topic: New to Arillas - a few questions  (Read 3144 times)

Offline mcdebs

New to Arillas - a few questions
« on: September 10, 2008, 01:51:26 AM »
We are visiting Arillas for the first time, arriving on September 15th and staying for 2 weeks at the Makis apartments.  I've had lots of helpful comments about the apartments but still have a few questions about Arillas.  Hope you can help!
Firstly - is there a reliable ATM (cash point) or is there the possibility that we might have to treck to somewhere else if not?  Are there bars to avoid if want a quiet drink and are there bars to recommend if you are an ageing rocker who likes to listen to aerosmith or acdc.  Which restaurant (in your opinion) should we visit first and what would you recommend that we eat?  And finally (for now) what is the best thing about Arillas - in your opinon.
Can't wait to get there!  Love this forum.

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
Re: New to Arillas - a few questions
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 02:00:07 AM »
Hi McDebs !
Yep there's a cash machine that work's.
Plenty of Tavernas for a quiet drink and also there's 2 music bars next to each other (Coconut and the Malibu).
All the resteraunts are great but if you like seafood I recommend Armourada's seafood platter!
You can get it for one,two or in our case four and it's great.

Or if you like more meaty stuff I recommend the Captains table.
If you want more traditional food you'll find all the taverna's are fantastic.
Enjoy !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 09:32:48 AM »
And apart from all that and of course the sunshine, I think we all agree the best thing about Arillas is the wonderful friendly people there who will all do everything they can to ensure you have a brilliant holiday.
Sandy x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »
Eat what you fancy from the menu
your sure to end up with an empty dish

Another fine feed at the Portofino

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 12:52:18 PM »
as an ageing rocker myself you will find rock music hard to come by so i recommend you do as i do and bring an mp3 player full of great tunes and some speakers to rattle the sunbeds.you may get the odd dire straits or bryan adams in coconut but mainly the music is not very good in my opinion its about twenty years out of date. loads of abba and jason donavan if you like that kind of rubbish.thalassa plays the better music sort of chill out relax music,and excellent food there also.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 10:32:19 PM »
just go with the flow and enjoy the place and the people who make it special for so many..............yammas

Offline sarajanek

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 11:28:11 PM »
fabulous place really spoilt by the awful coconut and malibu bars

they boom out all night even though its against the law and are in danger of spoiling a beautiful greek resort
all the locals and tourists i spoke to hated them
anne

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 10:23:13 AM »

Hi McDebs,
As you'll see from some of the piccies posted, you won't be short on fabulous places to eat - in fact you'll be spoilt for choice.
Arillas has (in my opinion) something for everyone - young & old & I sincerely hope you have a great holiday.
Make sure you tell us all about it - yes?
BeckyB :-)

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 06:43:27 PM »
fabulous place really spoilt by the awful coconut and malibu bars

they boom out all night even though its against the law and are in danger of spoiling a beautiful greek resort
all the locals and tourists i spoke to hated them
anne

i think that's a bit harsh, the music isn't that loud and they are well away from most of the eating establishments

Offline sunshine

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 03:56:20 PM »
The people who run the coconut are lovely as are all Arillas people. There is a need for some music in Arillas and the coconut provide it. If you dont like it just go to another bar or restaurant, there are plenty to choose from.Tranquility can be found easliy and the youngersters seem to have a great time there. Arillas caters for all tastes

Booking.com