Author Topic: CALLING EGGY or ANYONE IN CORFU AT THE MO  (Read 5953 times)

Offline willowlark

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
CALLING EGGY or ANYONE IN CORFU AT THE MO
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:31:25 PM »
Hi - I was due to fly on Monday from Belfast with XL for two weeks...hmmm...  My ex-fiance had paid a package with Thomas Cook and they were using XL.  He is going to try and get a refund when he can get to a phone later.

I have someone who has offered to pay for me to get there, but then I am wondering about the accommodation that I have book - Kokinos Apartments

Eggy - do you know a contact number for Kokinos so that I can call them and still use the accommodation that was booked please?  I only have net access until 3pm British time, so here goes nothing giving out my mobile number - 07984 184569 - if you could let me know or if anyone could let me know.  I will reimburse call charges.

I am gutted - this was my holiday to help me deal with the calling off of my wedding later this year...

ggrrr at XL!!!

Amanda
xxxxxx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: CALLING EGGY or ANYONE IN CORFU AT THE MO
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 01:44:11 PM »
Logically you should still be able to use that accommodation....you have paid for it after all. I am so sorry Willowlark and hope you can sort something out. I don't know where you live but I am sure you could get a flight with easyjet....
Sandy x

Offline biglillypicker

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 01:56:22 PM »
its not fair is it willowlark,i was going to menorca from humberside next friday but the airline thomas cook deal with also has gone bust ,FUTURA.on phone 40 minutes this morning before they answered,hasnt anyone rang you they asked,no says i.was told we have been moved to durham teeside now.car already booked in car park,now cancelled,taxi instead ,too far to drive,dogs booked in kennels,had to sort them out due to the fact that instead of leaving 11.30am its now 19.00 pm and coming home instead of leaving menorca at 08.10am its now 22.45pm.what a nightmare.      biglillypicker

Offline willowlark

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »
I know, it truly is a horrible situation for so many people.  As well as the travellers (well..non-travellers now) I feel really bad for the XL staff who have lost their jobs.

Heyho - if I get there and Kokinos have let the apartment go, I will wander around until I find something!

Not missing my Corfu break, I need it big time!

Hope you all get something sorted.

Amanda
x

Offline Glenny

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:58:52 PM »
Surely if you've booked a package deal through Thomas Cook it's up to them to find you another flight even though they may have to change the time/date slightly. You should still be able to go.

Offline dorothy

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 04:36:22 PM »
Spiros at Portofino usually has rooms available.  Beachfront with air con, fridge and spotless.
phone 00302663051834. Good luck.
Dorothy

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 06:44:35 PM »
Amanda

Sorry but I have only just picked up this post. I don't have a contact number for them  but I will try Kokkinos tomorrow and see who's there. I can get you a place to stay at various places.

Send me a PM on preference, ie swimming pool, near to beach,studio or appt etc and a price you would hope to pay.
I'll try and sort the rest - You will never be homeless here.

Negg

Offline keefy

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 07:31:47 PM »
just read about willowlark and the  Excel airway thingy really sorry ....if you get to read this Trust Eggy he will not let you down.

Eggy you are a night in shineing armour....(don't have too much fun with out me and the boss)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 08:32:53 PM »
Hi Eggy do the local business's know about Xcel, just wondering how they feel this will impact on them.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 10:37:12 PM »
Mick

"Brouklis" is aware and I'm sure in a couple of days this bad news will find it's way around.

Negg

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 11:25:05 PM »
It's awful, there is sure to be an impact on our Arillas friends

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 12:25:23 AM »
Sure you will sort something out Amanda.We met you at the Bardis last year I think it was.Good luck.

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 01:12:02 AM »
Amanda (Willowlark) did you get fixed up?  W. x

Offline willowlark

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »
Hi there - No, sadly I couldn't get out there, so I ended up with a week in Tenerife instead.  I needed the break big time, but it just wasn't the same, as you know.

Well, I will have to start the hunt and see how I am going to get out there next year!

Thanks for all of your offers of help, I ended up having no net access after the dramarama that day, which made it all worse!

Hope life is treating you all well.

Amanda
xxxxxx

Booking.com