Author Topic: taxi from airport  (Read 8975 times)

Offline Sue-C

taxi from airport
« on: April 02, 2004, 09:15:37 PM »
Hi Paul & Deb
saw your note re taking a taxi rather than doing the 3 hour coach trip from the airport. Presumably any of the cabs outside the airport will take us as far as Arillas? Or is it best to book one in advance? Don't want to do anything as energetic as hire a car though.......
Thanks
Sue xxx

Dimitri

taxi to Arillas
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 09:31:00 PM »
I should have to say that the bus transfer from the airport to Arillas with the package holidays companies does not always take so long. The problem is that we are never sure whether it will take an hour or three hours.
Taxi is the best way to arrive to Arillas. However it is not so easy to find one direct on the airport especially on Mondays and Saturdays. (Busiest change-over days.) Especially in August.
You can book taxis from home through the local travel agencies in Corfu. You should make sure that you find out the location of your Accommodation to avoid hesitation. Arillas is not known well by all taxi drivers and it would be not easy to find your apartment especially in the middle of the night. I would recoment ypu to book a taxi through the local travel agencies of the area.
The legal price is 35.oo to 45.oo Euros depending on whether you have booked it through an agent or being late at night etc. The price is for all the passengers (until 4).
An other option is of course to hire a car, prefer the car rentals of Arillas because they will always be next to you during your holiday. Cars are delivered to the airport and can also be left there on departure. (On request). If you have booked a car from home you can always contact me and I will send you a full description of the journey to Arillas.

Well, that was enough for now, I should have to go back to my work, I need to get ready for the new Season.
I wish you a nice stay in Arillas    

Best regards,

Dimitris

Anonymous

transfer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 01:25:15 AM »
hi,ive only been to Arillas once and it took us 3 hours but saying that it would cost 40 euros (£30).to get a taxi,and id know  what id prefer.our rep was staying in arillas so i suppose it depends where your rep is staying.what ever its well worth the wait. you wont care about the transfer you,ll just want to go backcx 8)  8)  8)  :D  :D  :D

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
taxi from airport
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 04:32:17 PM »
Coming over to Arillas 6 weeks time, should I book a car now or will I be ok to get one when I arrive ?

Thanks

Killie

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
taxi to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 07:47:40 PM »
Hi Killie
Answer to your question, we have always had a car either at airport or when we have got to Arillas depending how long we require it for, and always from Arillas car hire.
look at my remarks on 'July Travellers' item on forum etc? for more info.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
taxi to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 08:03:27 PM »
Yassou Sue-c
As your going same date as us it should't be as busy as mid summer and we have never booked taxi in advance!  there seems to me quite a few taxis every time we've been, come out of airport building and look to your left of the coaches and your see all the Mercedes taxis and when you ask '' how much to Arillas'' its a nice long run for them?
see you @ Dimitris's? as Norm says don't forget the photos!!!

Yammos  Paul/Deb5

Offline Sue-C

taxi from airport
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 03:46:43 PM »
Hi Paul and Deb
thanks for advice on taxi - and also thanks to everyone else who replied.
And yes we'll (that's my sister Hegs and I) definitely see you on the 24th at Dimitris.
Bye for now,
Sue-C

Booking.com