Author Topic: A big thank you  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Paul C

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
A big thank you
« on: September 23, 2008, 06:29:25 PM »
May I through the forum thank a few people who helped us in Arillas when we heard about XL going bust. Dimitris for checking the C.A.A. website to keep us updated on any flight details and Eleni and Spiros of Irene's Villas for their kind offer to extend our stay, at no cost if we had problems getting home. Eleni even went to the airport to confirm our rearranged flight time and Spiros came to the airport to see us before we went. These lovely people and many others make Arillas so special. Thank you all.

Paul C

Marymary

Re: A big thank you
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:11:47 PM »
Paul
That is so lovely and thoughtful of the people of Arillas, it proves how warm and genuine they are. Not very good of XL tjhough , one of my work colleagues was left stranded in Rhodes  for 20 hours and he only got his case back last night! and I have been told that XL were taking bookings two hours before they announced they'd gone bust. I met you briefly when I was with Jen and Phil, and glad you  had a lovely holiday.

Take Care
Mary

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:20:45 PM »

So glad you got back safely Paul & it wasn't as stressful as it could have been - having said that, it can't have been very nice for you at all, but like Mary said, it just goes to show the kindness & generosity of the people of Arillas & what a magicial & special place it is :-)
BeckyB

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:21:02 PM »
it just goes to show how arillans are special to all,,they help ,there friendly,and most of all they are genuine,,,,yammas to arillas.see you in 2009.........

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:25:51 PM »
Thanks Mary, yes meeting you was a bit brief but it was nice to put a face to the name. Did see you about a couple of times but the opportunity didn't arise for a chat, never mind try next year maybe.
BeckyB,
Thanks for your kind words, there is something special about the people of Arillas, that's what draws us back each year.
Paul C

Marymary

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »
Hi Paul
the trouble with me is often I don't have my glasses on, only supposed to wear them for reading, but my eyesight is getting a little worse, so I'm sure often I'm not recognising people too. So my aplogies if I have walked passed people and not realised they are forum members, then later thinkining ah yes, should have said Hello, Next year hopefully though.

Take Care

Mary

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 07:22:28 PM »
Mary,
With your eyesight and my hearing we make a fine pair, no wonder we were like ships that pass in the night.
Paul

Booking.com