Author Topic: english tv in arillas hotel rooms?  (Read 16778 times)

Offline eastie

english tv in arillas hotel rooms?
« on: September 24, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »
anyone know if there are english channels on hotel room tvs in arillas or do u have to pay extra ?

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
Re: english tv in arillas hotel rooms?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 10:28:32 PM »

Hi there Eastie,

We stayed at the Akti Arilla Hotel last September & there weren't any TV's in the rooms.
Downstairs in the foyer/reception area there were a couple of screens which - if I can remember had Sky Sports.
This may well have changed & I couldn't say about the other hotels - but hopefully someone will help you out with that one.

The bars (most of them) show Footie matches on Sky & other sports events & movies as well.

Hope that helps?

BeckyB :-)

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 11:01:20 PM »
Marvel has tv`s in rooms along with Arillas Inn Apts...only english  are News channels, plus some with english subtitles (Italian I think)

Offline june

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 11:09:31 PM »
Kaloudis have TV's in the rooms. Not many English channels but we've never wanted to watch TV anyway.

June

Offline Hels Bels

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 10:39:59 AM »
Thetis Hotel have Tv's, Sky News & True Movies are English channels, and you invariably find a lot of other programs with subtitles on the other channels. Sometimes its just nice to nestle down in bed in the afternoon for 5 mins, with the tv on in the background to send you off to sleep, after a days hardwork sunbathing...

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 12:30:49 PM »
people watching is far more interesting than watching tv!!
the akti has a big screen tv for sport and a smaller one by the pool bar dont know about anywhere else though
ger x

Offline annemarsh

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 05:18:57 PM »
I agree with Ger - never felt the need for a telly in Arillas altho' we do usually take a portable DVD player for the kids to keep them entertained while we have a tipple before going out on an evening.

Offline keefy

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 06:30:23 PM »
Beats me as to why you would want to watch any telly when there is all that sunbatheing to do resturants to eat at.....COCONUT bar drinks to drink...walking around and (dare i say it) SHOPPING to do.....

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »
me .i cant wait to get away from the tv ...to much to see and do in arillas ...........yammas

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 11:33:34 AM »
We had a tv in the BS Hotel... came in handy to watch for the news  (BBC world) and some films in english with greek subtitles.... especially as we had some bad days with thunderstorms etc.  couldnt go on the beach etc.  so it was nice to curl up and watch with a large metaxa!

Did have a laugh at the Greek tv though... their Good Morning programs... hilarious the way the girls dress in plunging necklines doing cooking in the kitchen...Dorita and I had a good laugh about that... and the camera techniques need working on too... they kept zooming in on her "frontage".... very funny!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »

Goodness! That sounds a bit saucy Blonde Girl - lovely to have you back by the way.
BeckyB :-)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 09:00:26 PM »
Didnt have a tv in the room at Mathraki not that i missed it mind we were usually too busy getting ready to go out and too drunk to see it when we returned so not much point in having one ( a tv that is lol )
                                                   Tony

Offline keefy

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 11:55:43 AM »
Not normally bothered with Telly when i am in Arillas but if they have low cut tops on whilst cooking....got to be worth a look...this is like killing two birds with one stone...

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 01:54:28 PM »
We had a tv in the BS Hotel
hilarious the way the girls dress in plunging necklines doing cooking in the kitchen...and the camera kept zooming in on her "frontage"....

Sue
I hope Mike didn't end up as "Gas mark 9" !.
Negg

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 02:52:06 PM »
LOL....  apparently Dorita says the weather girl is the same... her brother watches it and when she asks what the weather is going to be like  "fine, fine, very fine" he says...  only watches it for the girl!  Foreign tv is hilarious!  I expect they think the same about ours too tho.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com