Author Topic: Galini Apartments  (Read 9496 times)

Offline SBPL2458

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Galini Apartments
« on: September 30, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »
Does anyone know if Galini are with Olympic next year as I can't find them in the new brochure?
Lin and Steve.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Galini Apartments
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 12:40:04 PM »
When we were in Arillas last week the Olympic sign outside Galini had been removed.  One day it was there the next it was gone... Everything was packed up... pool all green with algae and sunbeds packed away looking very dead and empty -  saying that though the top apartment had someone in there as it had sheets hanging out the front to dry and a light on.

Dont know whats going on there... perhaps he will be with someone else next year.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline SBPL2458

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 01:00:28 PM »
Thanks blondegirl I will keep any eye out to see if they are with anyone else or perhaps private again next year.
We need somewhere to accommodate 5 people.
Lin and Steve.

Offline DronnyDave

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 11:18:30 PM »
hi,
Sorry it has taken so long to reply to your post. We wen to the Galini in August of this year and it never appeared in the Olympic brochure. I've noticed this before, in other resorts, they can only advertise so many places in their brochures so they tend to advertise the others on the website only.
To further complicate things, I also think that they wait until their preferred accommodation is booked up before they start to advertise the cheaper places. I can only suggest that you keep looking at the website.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 01:07:25 AM »
The Galini is not in the brochure for 2009 and is not being advertised on the Internet.
I gave Olympic a ring a couple of weeks ago and were told they had not made a decision on using the Galini next year, the same applies to the Thetis Apartments.

The Galini and the Thetis were only used late this summer as they were not used by Olympic when we were over in May, and had only just started being used by Olympic when we were over in July.

Offline SBPL2458

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 09:06:14 AM »
Thanks for the info John.
Lin and Steve.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 10:48:07 AM »
They do have their own website so you might be able to book independently -

The Galini in Arilas, Greece can be contacted by phone +30663 51211.
http://www.corfu-holiday.gr/locationen_01.asp   (Galini website)

Offline Mart n Dawn

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 11:59:34 AM »
we stayed just up the road at the excellent tria adelphia in september and remember walking past the galini several times. it looked a great little complex although there seemed to be very few people there.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »
We stayed there two years ago and it was really nice.. the studios are good and clean and are a good size.. no air con but we hired a fan from Kostas, close to the Bakery and supermarket which is A+++ and has a nice pool (one of the few places that has apartments as well as studios) as I mentioned before one day the Olympic sign was there then it was gone the next and the whole place was deserted which is a great shame.  I wonder if TC  will take over now they have dropped the Arillas Bay.. one never knows!

Offline bmw1106

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 02:10:32 AM »
Hi all it seems that tc have yet to make their mind up about the ab they are still having talks. Dont no wot to believe anymore

Booking.com