Author Topic: what do we when it rains  (Read 75075 times)

Offline pilko

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
what do we when it rains
« on: October 03, 2008, 12:12:57 PM »
visiting Arillas in a few weeks first time is their much to do if its raining ?

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
what do we when it rains
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 12:53:22 PM »
There is always something going on in the two bars.. films, footie, pool table etc.  loads of book swapping places, some have games..darts in the Rainbow (ask Eggy) or you can have a nice drink/meal in any sea front bar/taverna and enjoy it all anyway.  It is a very quiet resort, there isnt much entertainment when it rains so you might want to take your own cards/games/dvd player in case. 
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
Re: what do we when it rains
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
If it rains, just thank your lucky stars you're not in Britain!!

I've just looked at the webcam - 22 degrees, sunny, people on the beach... when I drove to work this morning, it was SLEETING!!

Offline pilko

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »
Thanks for the responces.my wife just gave me some good advice.(dont forget the brolly)any way all the write-ups regarding Arillas,have been excellent.regards pilko.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 06:09:14 PM »
A brolly is a good idea... I didnt think I needed it and left it behind... I took a kagool but Mike said no... we wont need it, didnt even take a jumper....  He ended up with a cold, coughing like mad, had too wear two tee shirts and another short sleeve shirt on top.. should have listened to me I think.  Cant believe its 30 degrees today though.  when the sun comes out it is still hot though.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 01:00:31 AM »
Little corner
Company and a drink
Then just wait for it to stop

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 02:51:11 AM »
Stuck in your studio can be difficult, so take a Walkman if you're into music or a DVD player with your favourite progs, or a laptop like we had and use it to play anything you like including downloaded progs from BBC iPlayer. Have your favourite tipple on hand, and make babies. It isn't the water..........

But in truth there is always someone, something you can do, some activity that will get you past the very "English" weather which is quite rare. It is not the same and never will be. Rhodes offers 360 days of sunshine but Arillas offers life, friendship and joy. Go and get it!

Phil

Offline Holly

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 11:52:29 AM »
As someone who doesn't like sitting in a bar all day I prefer to take games, books, crossword puzzles, sudoku etc with me for rainy days.
Personally I don't agree that rain in Corfu is better then rain in the UK as I can find much more to do at home than on holiday. Also with a bored eight year in tow rainy days on holiday can be quite tedious. After all, one of my main reasons for going to Corfu is to get a bit of sunshine.

Offline pilko

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 03:53:45 PM »
Thanks guys for all feed back most helpfull lets just hope its sunny.but if not,a little drinking etc.cheers Pilko

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 06:58:04 PM »
Jen and my perspective comes from the kids being 27. I really understand the young offspring being bored. But somehow, Jen and me find a lot of people and things to do when it does rain. Could be in Rhodes where it is sunny 360/365 days, but we would not be "family." Arillas gives us so much more

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 09:19:50 PM »
dont 4get about greek food is all about long lunches and long evening meals ,take your time go with the flow and the sun wil find you ,,it doesnt always rain.plus theres car hire see the island its beautiful ....yammas

Offline PPMMAN

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »
Take your swiss army knife and make bamboo walking sticks as i do lol great therapy

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 02:03:34 PM »
If all else fails, buy a stylish see through pak a mac, and eat your way around Arillas.
Lindypops.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 02:23:18 PM »
Hmmm !!!
 So thats who I saw on the webcam... sounds good to me...but you missed the drink part out of it..

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 03:00:05 PM »
Goes without saying dear,lol.
Lindypops.

Booking.com