Author Topic: OCTOBER WEATHER  (Read 15240 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
OCTOBER WEATHER
« on: October 10, 2008, 05:14:10 PM »
Hi,everyone.   Just an observation-   the weather in Arillas now seems to be far better than the same time last year. It was such a shame that our second week was such a washout. Having said that, I`d much rather be in Corfu rather than the UK suffering such conditions.  So we did plenty of drinking and playing pool at the Rainbow. Also the rugby world cup was in ful flow.
       We will never forget witnessing the tornado at sea- awesome sight. On one walk to San Stef. up the cliff path, we got caught in a downpour making the slope a mud slide. Slid most of the way down. Even accounting for the bad conditions, we had a good time.
         Best Wishes   Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

riggers

Re: OCTOBER WEATHER
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »
You must have been there at the same time as us Paul last October. The Tornado was an experience to see. Mind you when that went we seemed to get some decent weather.

riggers......

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
We were there the very last week of October 2007 (my then half-term - no such worries now....)

The weather was dull, it rained a lot and we only had one sunny day. Know what? We didn't really notice at all. Lovely times in Thalassa eating lunch and/or dinner nattering to the family. Coconut Bar of course. Met loads of nice people there with one notable exception... it's when we first met Eggy (Sorry son - tongue firmly in cheek!!!) Kaloudis (where we stayed) had a quiz night and end of season party. Grazella and Vavilas for great food etc etc

We had a very busy week and as usual enjoyed every minute. You can let the weather depress you or you can just get on with something. Certainly wish I was there now....

Phil

Offline Peckedhen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:00:59 PM »
The weather looks good at the moment. I'm watching carefully as I'm considering going for half term (which again is in the last week). I'll hang on till the last minute to book in the hope that we get a good deal and go prepared for all eventualities - cags and walking boots as well as cossies. ;)

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 07:41:30 AM »
Hi there all

We are in Arillas at the moment and I can vouch that the weather has been fabulous.

This is our third year of coming the first 2 weeks in October and I think we can only really count 2 days that have been stormy or too rainy to do anything much out of 6 weeks thats not bad. Being that we are in a villa with a heated pool thats fie for us but it must be pretty naff if you are stuck with the kids in a hotel. I think the Malibu must do well on days like those.

Rumour has it that this year there will be a lot more open in and around Arillas during the winter.

I just wish the airlines would play ball with the flights.
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »
We have been twice in october the 1st year 2001 the weather was brilliant not a drop of rain but a tad cool on a night
The year after we had rain in the mornings for 5 out of the 7 days but it did fine up by around 10.30 am and the sun came out so it wasn't too bad after all it was october so better than here in the UK
                      Tony

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 07:00:57 PM »
Fair enough long sleeves or a jumper if you are going to eat outside at the Brouklis later on in the evening but 24 degrees during the day is about as nice as an absolutely blazing English summers day.

I was on the beach till 6pm this evening, swimming in the sea ahhh Luxury!
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 07:33:25 PM »
Exactly CorfuSoon. We start to feel cold in 22 degrees out there. It is half that here....

Phil

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »
If only it was 24° here its a paltry 10° here in yorkshire at the moment

Offline eve

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »
just hope it lasts for the next two weeks not just for us but our hard working friends!

Offline huge*abba*fan

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
The weather looks good for 17th onwards, as long as its dry and warm enough to go on the beach, I'll be happy.

Lisa

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »
Ditto...                 its absolutley  lashing it down here at the moment so some sunshine next week will be more than welcome...                     

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 08:33:32 PM »
I got home this morning after another fantastic week in Arillas. Wall to wall sunshine every day. It was chilly first thing and in the evenings but an absolute bonus for this time of the year. Very different from last October. We were on the beach every day....now the reality of being in the UK for at least six months so am having severe withdrawal symptoms.....
Sandy x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 04:23:59 PM »
Fatastic weather here today been on the beech most of the day. It looks set tostay at least untell next week. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 10:51:56 PM »
Vivian !

Stop telling people how nice it is here right now or everybody will want to come !

And.... get back on the beach ! - I'm sure the internett will wait for you.

( Do's everyone know it's your birthday tomorrow? )

Negg

( Wegg n  Me looking foreard to an evening munchie n drinkie with you and Pete )

Booking.com