Author Topic: Aegean Winter Flights  (Read 6768 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Aegean Winter Flights
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I have been really busy of late and not had chance to read through all the threads but Aegean are running a full winter flight schedule from Stansted to Corfu (via Athens), even better the service is daily, the transfer times are 2 hours max and its about €240 all inclusive return.

I have spent a good 30 minutes looking at the website trying to work out how they can do this then I suddenly realised Aegean have always done Athens - Corfu through the winter, they have just timed the new UK (Stansted) route to connect with it. This really is an amazing option to get out there in the Winter, I'm suprised I've not heard about it before.

I know, I know Stansted is way down south but its much better than Gatwick, etc and its not that expensive to leave you car there and it is a very nice airport.

Peaceful untouched Corfu for less than £200 in Winter, I know its easy for me with relatives there but why not, go at the weekend and some restaurants will be open, Night Owl, etc!

riggers

Re: Aegean Winter Flights
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:48:36 PM »
Joe you are a genious, i'm sure you have helped lots of people there, including me. Now how do we get to stansted from Manchester. ?

riggers...

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 07:51:19 PM »
Drive :) , according to my travel colleagues for up to a week it should not cost you more than £35 to dump your car there, I would imagine even with petrol costs that's competitve with the train and would take about half the time, it really is motorway all the way.

riggers

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:55:26 PM »
Cheers Joe looking into very soon, i take it this covers easter ??

riggers...

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:01:51 PM »
http://www.aegeanair.com/

All winter from what I can see

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »
Stansted do the airport car parks (pink elephant I think)  and the free bus picks you up and takes you back.

Or there are very local B & b's near by for a stop over and you can leave your car with them and get a free transfer in.  We have done that for a few journeys and it works out ok... sometimes a needs must even if we do live a stones throw from Gatwick
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

riggers

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 08:13:47 PM »
Just looked, it's showing 910 euros for easter week for 2 people. Too much.

riggers...

riggers

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 09:20:05 PM »
Looked again and showing 866 euros. Maybe if i look later it will be cheaper :)

riggers..

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 09:33:54 PM »
Prices outside the holiday period are dramatically lower - in line with Joe's estimate. I did loads of searches with all sorts of dates and could get Jen and me there for 480 euros all in. That is still more than we paid with EasyJet in August, but bearable. Some flights are 3 times the price of those outside the Easter period!

For a non-Easter break it could be a godsend - except Stansted is the worst possible southern airport for us. Still banking on good 'ole EJ at the moment.

Worth a look though folks - may solve some problems for some of you.

Phil

Booking.com