Author Topic: What pool could i use?  (Read 10292 times)

Offline Nicola1981

What pool could i use?
« on: February 22, 2005, 10:34:16 AM »
Hi,

I will be coming to Arillas in June for 2 weeks and staying at the Marina Hotel. It is our first time there and i know that there is no pool at the Marina but our brochure says there is a public pool nearby.

Can someone please tell me if there is a pool we could use?

Thanks
Nicola

p.s This site has given me so much info - Im addicted!!!    :D

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
What pool could i use?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 01:04:32 PM »
Hi Nicola,
You can use any of the pools in Arillas as long as you purchase from their bar and not take food/drink in with you.
The owners of the Marina also own the new apartments along the far side of the beach, you can usually see them in the Webcam pic, the large white building at the end.  These apartments also have a pool which I'm sure you would be able to use.
There is also the Mirage which only opened last year, it has a lovely pool/bar/restuarant, with plenty of seating and lounging areas, this is only  a few minutes away from the Marina.
Eileenx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
What pool could i use?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:17:22 PM »
Hi Nichola
Also as eileen says Mirage nice setting on sea front etc ,carry on pass up to end (100 metres) at Sea Breeze also have a nice setting, pool at the back,and eating area hanging over the beach ,great to sit there and watch the sunset,Yannis and Nikos will always look after you , like all the people in Arillas.

Paul/Deb5

Offline malky

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
What pool could i use?
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 01:59:30 AM »
yes Paul as u said any body can use any pool in arillas for free! but u dont need to buy a drink to stay there, it is only polite to buy and stay at any pool, so welcome Nicola we have stay with billy and anita, they r good people! when in June r u going?
 :D
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
What pool could i use?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 10:10:56 AM »
We are also staying at the Marina in June.We arrive on the 3rd for a week.We will either go in the sea or walk up to the pool at the Bardis Sun as it is lovely and big.You can either use the one at the hotel(the big pool) or the smaller one next door at the studios.I would recommemd them both.Hope you enjoy your stay in Arillas,which I am sure you will.

Offline Nicola1981

What pool could i use?
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 10:48:43 AM »
Thank you all for your advice.  Its really good to know that i can use any of the pools in Arillas. Dont get me wrong i love the look of the beach but i do like to laze by a pool once in a while.

Malky, i will be arriving on the 24th june for 2 weeks. I cant wait to be honest with you because i havent had a holiday for about 8 years and my husband has never been abroad before so im really glad Arillas looks like a wonderful and friendly place to spend his first holiday.

Thank you again and i hope to chat with you all soon.

Nic

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
What pool could i use?
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 12:58:15 AM »
Hello Nicola,

I was looking thru a few website looking for information re-Margos question on Thomas bungalows when I came across this photograph of The Mirage:

www.corfu-pictures.com/arillas/a1/arillas6.htm

And just to get you into the holiday mood, there are a few other photo's of Arillas on the site.

Eileenx

Offline Nicola1981

What pool could i use?
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 10:39:31 AM »
Hi Eileen,

Just want to say a quick Thank You for that photo. The mirage looks lovely. Just the kind of place to laze by a pool and sunbathe.

Can you tell me roughly how far it is from the Marina Hotel. Im sure someone has said its quite close but i cant remember.

Thanks again.
Nic
xxx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
What pool could i use?
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 11:43:56 AM »
Hello Nicola,

Providing you are not tempted to stop enroute for yet another drink   :roll: it should take your not any more than 3 minutes, well o.k maybe even a whole 3 and a half minutes!

Eileenx

Offline Nicola1981

What pool could i use?
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 11:57:59 AM »
Hi Eileen

Ooohh 3 minutes, That should be ok  :D .

Believe it or not i dont drink at all because i dont like it so i will be sober all holiday unfortunately. I really wish i enjoyed a drink...... :(

I have to be honest Eileen im quite worried about the food in Corfu. I am really unadventurous when it comes to food and dont really try many new things so i am hoping there will be some food that i know. I will try some of the things obviously but im worried that i will offend the restaurant owners if i dont like or dont try their food. Any advice?

Thanks again
Nic
xxx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
What pool could i use?
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 12:57:55 PM »
Nic,

You really have no reason to worry about not liking the food.  Keith is the plainest eater you will ever meet and it took years to convince him to go to Greece as he thought that he would starve for the fortnight!

There are lots of 'casserole' type dishes (i.e Klefiko), roast chicken, chicken on skewers (souvlaki), salads, so you will find something plain to eat no problem.  There are plenty of eateries serving pizza, but there is also a pizza restaurant which also provides take-away meals.

All you have to worry about is coming home wondering how to loose the weight you will have gained from all the lovely food....yummy :D

Eileenx

Offline Janina C

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Food in Arillas
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 02:45:09 PM »
Nic

If you like plain food there are plenty of places which do things like Burgers, crepes(pancakes) pizza etc. A lot of the restaurants & tavernas do a good English breakfast (ekks & bakon), thats how I've seen it spelled.
Paul is a picky eater and doesn't like anything he doesn't know so when we come across something we always ask the waiter/restaurant owner if we can have a little taste. They don't usually mind if it is something on the specials board. Our favorite on warm evenings is village salad (with feta cheese) with some crusty bread and tzadziki. (Yoghurt with garlic & cucumber). Dimitri at Brouklis is always very helpful and is not at all offended if you find that you don't like something. As long as there is nothing actually wrong with it.

Hope you enjoy Arillas as much as we do.
Janina

Offline Nicola1981

What pool could i use?
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 03:39:46 PM »
Thank you Eileen and Janina, you have really put my mind at rest!

I just cant wait to be there now.

Roll on 112 days.... :lol:

Nic
xxx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
What pool could i use?
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »
Hi Nichola
stop worrying, as all the others have said there is plenty of straight forward food around ,I've even seen the greeks eating 'chicken & chips'
even @ Dimitris's ssh!! one place I know has a vast selection of english food is 'the Portafino' on the front and a couple of places next to them is
'Helen's crepes' and Lorna ,who is English does a mean burger, but you must try some of the greek dishes I'm sure you will like them,ask Dimitris
he will tell you wants in them and how they are cooked, as We didn't know at first, now we eat Greek even @ home.

Paul/Deb5

Booking.com