Author Topic: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.  (Read 352808 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2009, 10:48:10 PM »
Crossing threads (I'm allowed these days...) there is a runner in the National called Golden Flight. I'm no tipster (more tipsy...) but I will be backing it each way out of respect for the growing darts league.

Each way because like Eggy, it might lose a hind leg on the day...

(Sorry mate - you can take it out on me in July...)
Phil

riggers

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »
Worth a flutter Phil 50-1........hmmm

riggers...........

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »
May be worth a bob or two.

Is there one called " Bounce Out?"

Negg

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2009, 10:13:42 AM »
I hear last nights darts went very well for a certain forum member :)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2009, 11:38:28 AM »
Joe - Just a twinge better

"Stephanos Tungsten puts dent in Arillas Armour"

Three W's 8-5 win over Armourada last night ended their last 3 match defeats and now puts them at the top of the table with 34 points. Armourada sit with 28 points and Night Owl, with a game in hand, rest comfortably on 29.
Night Owls game against Three W's could decide the league winners but the "Owl" need to win by at least 8-5. And...... if Armourada beat the "Owl" in their last match by a 10-3 margin we could be looking at a 3 way tie. Interesting.

Derek, Armourada, still heads the top of the singles table winning 8 of his 9 games, with an 89% strike rate.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2009, 10:21:09 AM »
It's a Three W's Night over Owl

In a match that both teams needed convincing wins Three W's just scraped home with a 7-6 result.

Three W's ruffled the Owl's feathers racing into a 4-0 lead but Owl clawed their way back, with 2 good singles wins by Nickos and Dimitris (Jimmy).  A pairs win by Owls Jimmy & Spiros (Rainbow) and a singles win by Capt Bob made the scoreline 6-4.
Xrisanthos ( W's) made the winning point but Three W's failed to gain those much needed 2 extra points by losing the last pairs and final triples game.
A total of 18 scores of 100 plus were hit during the match. Not bad as the games are only 301 not 501.

Night Owl meet Armourada, next week in the last league game and need to win 8-5 to
win the league by 1 point.  Armourada need a 12-1 victory which, although a tall order, is not impossible.

Any more little sponsor pledges would be most welcome as I've spent all the league funds. ( On trophies and a perpetual sheild etc - Not on repairing the Pug )
Cheers All
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »
IT'S A GREAT NIGHT AT OWL

The league Pairs K/O final ended up an all Night Owl affair with owner , Nickos with Capt. Bob vs team mates Paul and Ann.

Bob n Nickos has already disposed of favourites Mick n Paul ( Three W's ) also taking the scalp of other hopefuls , Neill n Xrisanthos.
Paul n Ann ended the interests of Derek n Heather and John n Anne from Amourada.

The final went to the 3rd leg with yet another fine double out by Nickos who must be the most improved player in the league, only picking up a set of darts last October.

From left to right here is Capt. Bob,  Linda ( Sensible half to Nickos ) and Armourada Capt. Heather

Seen here are Night Owl ladies Claire (Left ) and Ann ( Right)

Heres Capt Pavlos ( Three w's ) working out with partner Mick ( Middle ) how they went wrong in the first game. ( 166 up and lost the leg!?)

Alan ( Three W's ) like a coiled spring ready to pound that treble 20.

Finally, some "supporters" generally having a good time - Still there at gone midnight!

Thanks to Phil n Jen, Riggers, Eileen and Sandy for their donations to the league.

Best Wishes All
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2009, 10:14:42 PM »
Sounds and looks like it was a brilliant evening. Thank you for the report eggy :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »
" OWLS-ZAT "

The last league match for the season proved to be a very close call indeed as Night Owl needed at least a 7-6 win over Armourada to finish league winners. On the both occassions they last met each team had a win with the same scoreline.

Armourada very quickly took a 2-0 lead only to see the Owls bounce back winning the next pairs and 2 singles. Derek, Armourada levelled the match to 3-3. Neither team were taking any prisoners and the Owl combi of Nickos and Rainbow Spiros made it a 4-3 lead which Capt Bob and Ann then increased to a 5-3.
A fine game by Armours Senan and Ann and 5-4 on the board. The next singles match was a cracker indeed with Capt Bob ( 60% singles Strike ) taking on Derek, who leads the table having lost only 1 match all season. At 1 leg each and with the Owl advantage of throwing first in leg 3, plus a fine 140, Bob got tothe double first. Derek left himself 40 but did not get a shot at the double. So, 6-4 to the Owl which then became 6-5, thanks to another good performance by Armours Ann.

Capt Bob and Rainbow Dimi then took on Ann and Derek and despite some good darts from Armourada it was Dimitris turn to find those doubles. 7-5 to the Owl.
Armorada took the last triples so final score 7-6. Enogh to put Night Owl as league winners as, although it was a tie, with Three W's on games won, the Owl won that decisive extra match.
Final points total :-
NIGHT OWL - 41
THREE W'S - 41
ARMOURADA - 35

Much merriement had by all , before , during and after and a super team spirit from all concerned. Even congrats from Three W's players who came to support Armourada!
A good result for the Owl who, donchyerknow , have 4 Greeks on the books!
Rainbows Dimi n Spiros, Owl Nickos and my neighbour, Makis.

From left to right. Penny, Nickos, Paul and Claire

Xrisanthos ( Three W's ) with the Owl's Ann, Dimitris and Nickos.

Armourada's Senon , John and Ann

The "Rainbow Trio" of Dimi and Spiros with Daughter Alexandra. ( She's plays too! )

The winning Night Owl team

Hang on ! - How did John, far right, get in this? - He's Armourada.

The winning Night Owls
Left to Right - Kneeling , Petros, Spiros ( sons ) of Nickos n Linda ( Owl )
You must recognise the other guy!
and stood, Paul , Ann, Capt Bob, Makis and Spiros.

Got a bit carried away with this post , sorry , but it is fun,
( Anyone still awake out there !! )
Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »
Wide awake Eggy! Thanks for this - really enjoyed reading it. And everyone looks so happy and up-beat!

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »
brilliant work eggy, congratulations on the leagues first of many seasons (i'm sure), really good pics where forum members can put faces to names, once again well done, keep up the great work, jinksy

riggers

« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2009, 11:44:28 PM »
It's been a very entertaining season Neill, i thought it would go down to the wire. Thanks for all your reports and pics (much appreciated). Now it's a long summer for you saying your hello's to us all.

cheers matey.......

riggers...........

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2009, 09:27:29 PM »
A very enjoyable evening although I don't understand any of it!! One of the highlights of my dad's visit.....that, and playing darts with Eggy and Nick at the Night Owl a few nights later. I don't think they'll be asking him to join the team though.....lol. He confessed that the last time he had played darts it was with a wooden dart with stuck on feathers!!
Sandy x

riggers

« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »
Glad you and Dad enjoyed Sandy........ I remember them wooden darts with feathers, didn't they have lead weights too. ??

riggers.........

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »
In my days riggs, we only had wood. feathers were a luxury we couldn't afford. (And Capital Letters - far too expensive.) As a result we weren't very good at darts.

My dad did lead weights though. I remember him wishing he could attach them to mum's legs. Never quite understood what he meant....

Welcome back Sandy. We all wish you'd stayed there!

love
Phil

PS sandy - yes another 1/2 litre.........

Booking.com