Author Topic: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.  (Read 356379 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2010, 01:37:13 PM »
        "THREE W-ay CHALLENGE FOR WINNERS TITLE"[/size

At 2 games each, last night between Three W's and Night Owl, it was on the cards for a 6-5 result, either way. And then the Owl shot into a 5-2 lead with the trio of Eggy,Xris and Alan all losing their singles. But, thanks to some determined play, or was it alcohol, Three W's pulled back to a 5-5 scoreline. The last singles was Capt Pavlos vs Capt Bob which Pavlos clinched 2-0 to take the match.

With the second half of the season, starting Tuesday, Armourada will be looking for a convincing win over the Owl whilst Three W's will want to beat the ladies 10-1 to maintain the pressure. - A very hard ask indeed but miracles can happen.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2010, 06:47:23 PM »
  Armourada puts a Cat amongst Pigeons ( Sorry - Owls )

Armourada launched their bid, to take the NTS Darts Title, with a convincing win over Night Owl last night. At 6-2 up, Armours Roger and Senan clinched two extra valuable points in the singles and it was only thanks to Dimitris, Rainbow, in the last game that gave the Owl an extra consolation point. Final result 8-3

Three W's move into top spot now with a 10-1 result over Owlettes but the lead may be short lived as they meet Armourada next Tuesday whilst Owlettes have to Handle the Owl.
Current points Total
Three W's - 52
Night Owl  - 49
Armourada - 43
Owlettes - 10

Cheers All
Negg

riggers

« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2010, 11:57:09 PM »
Well done Neill, urr on top now  :)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »
Riggers - Not any more.

" Armour goes from strength to strength "

Three W's, playing at home, suffered a large setback, in their challenge for the League title, losing 8-3 to an on form Armourada.  Armours Gary hit a match winning 180 and together with Heather ended Negs and Xris's 100* record. Gary had already hit a maximum in practice.

Night Owl took advantage of Three W's defeat to beat Owlettes 10-1 and now move back to the top spot, by 3 points. The Owl meet the W's next Tuesday and both will want a large winning scoreline. A 6-5 either way may open the door for Armourada who play Owlettes at the Owl.

Cheers
Negg

riggers

« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2010, 09:06:25 PM »
Negg....i have faith :)   Come on the 3 W'S.............

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2010, 06:01:59 PM »
Oh Dear John Boy!!

" OWL BEAK-COMING HARD TO BEAT !! "

After crashing out 8-3 to Armour, last week , Three W's have done the double, but in the wrong way! They lost 8-3 to a strong Owl side last night who are now busy feathering their nest with all those extra points. Three W's Xrisanthos saved a little face by winning both his singles whilst Negg just scraped home with a 2-1 over Owlie Paul. Negg had never got a look in earlier against a very in form Nickos who, pounded 19's ,including a 133 plus a 171 and an 11 dart leg, sent Negg back to his Ouzo table.

A good win by Armourada, over Owlettes tonight, will put them in 2nd spot and having beat The Owl and Three W's before may just be the team to turn this winners title to their favour.

Cheers
Negg

Nan

« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2010, 08:55:24 PM »
Hi Negg

Have you thought of asking riggers to shout for the opposition? .... he might just be a jinx you know!! :0

Cheers Ace

Nan X

What about Phil Taylor slipping up then? It happens to the best of us sometimes.

riggers

« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2010, 08:59:29 PM »
Come on Night Owl......  :)

Nan

« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2010, 09:06:40 PM »
LOL

That's the way to do it !!

Talk about Glory hunters!!

Supporting the favourites now Riggers?

See you in June for a game in the Rainbow

Cheers Nan xx

riggers

« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »
You certainly will Nan.

What dates are you going ?

Nan

« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2010, 10:07:14 AM »
Be there end of June for two weeks at the Mathraki arriving on 11th.

I'll get Barry to dig out his old tungstens!! I don't think his knees are up to long hours on the oche but he'll do his best!

See you all in the Summer

Cheers Nan xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2010, 07:00:46 PM »
New Darters as well as new friends are always welcome Nan.

Riggers - Keep cheering Night Owl. I had one dart at a double, the other night, playing Nickos - 90's, 133, 171  , 11 dart 301 - AAArrrrgh!

And so we continue............................

Wednesday "Knights Armour" team throws down the gauntlet l

Armourada still keep the pressure on the Night Owl with a 10-1 win over Owlettes last night. Only 7 points adrift now they will need 2 convincing wins to challenge for the NTS League title. It can be done. Three W's, now relegated to third spot, will need at least 16 points from 22 in their next two games to turn the tables on Armour and the Owl. Meanwhile, Owlettes sit nicely back, without pressure and continue to spring the odd suprise. - As did Miriam and Margueritta last night with their 2-1 win and Linda who took Derek to a third leg in two games of singles. Possibly a shock for Derek here as he's 83% top of the averages and top of the merit table with 16 scores of 100+.
Anything can happen in this game.

Cheers
Negg

ps - What happened to Phil Taylor - Can't get ITV4 here , Nan.

Nan

« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2010, 08:06:29 PM »
http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~1952301,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/darts/default.stm

For your information.

Poor old Power!! Perhaps he had a power failure !

Cheers Nan x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2010, 08:09:02 PM »
Nan - A late thanks to you for this info,
To think I nearly backed Paul Nicholson to win the tournament - Aaaarrrgh!

Anyway.......................

There are no easy games in the NTS K/O competitions!
( I calculate all players "Win % Rates" so watch the percentages in the brackets )

In the league singles K/O , Gary from Armourada (65%) fought his way to a semi final slot, taking the scalps of Owls Dimitris (76%) and Capt Bob (69%) on the way.
He will now meet Willy of the wash house (56%) who upped his game to take out Derek, Armourada (83%)
The other Semi Final sees Capt Pavlos from Three W's (74%) attempt to beat Capt Penny , from Owlettes who hit 2 mean doubles to take out Negg (72%)
Bugger says Negg.

The Pairs K/O saw Capt Bob and Nickos from the Owl, maintain their 100% record to beat Negg and Xris (75%) who earlier had ended the 100% record of Owls combi Paul n Spiros.
Bob n Nickos will compete the final against Gary and Derek from Armourada. For Gary and Derek this is a new partnership so watch this space.

The Team K/O , 3 a side produced a good 5-2 win for Night Owl "A" against Three W's "B" whilst the other THree W's combi of Pavlos,Negg,Xris saw off Owlettes 5-0.
( Revenge here for Negg against Capt Penny )
Armourada produced a fine 5-2 win over Night Owl "B" with a fine performance from Heather , Jean and Gary. ( Gary 4 x 100 plus and 2 x 140 )
The "Clash of Titans" next week sees the Armour take on Night Owl "A" whilst Three W's "A" will have to maintain all reflexes as coiled springs to beat the second Team from the Owlettes.

Thanks go to those Arillas Forum sponsors whose donations for individual awrds have gone a very long way to further the interest of all us players here.
Names not mentioned unless I have permission. But I hope to arrange many meetings for you with these "invisable" darters

(OK! - Who fell asleep after the first 2 lines of this post ? )
Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »
Well, not me Negg! Love reading these posts. Gives me a feeling of being there. You know Jen and I love to watch whilst supping a few.... Would have been lovely to be able to sit in on many of these matches.

Maybe next year...
Phil

Booking.com