Author Topic: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.  (Read 351533 times)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.
« Reply #525 on: October 13, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »
Father of the House
would this his favourite saying
ORDER, ORDER,.....and I'll have another OUZO.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #526 on: October 13, 2012, 05:41:28 PM »
John , At my age I drink very little Ouzo, - I spill most of it!!

A big thanks to Jersy Steve and good lady Karen. Yet another sponsor of the "Arilliac Super Singles"

At presentation, next April it will probably take me "Arfer Nower" to get all these names mentioned.
- AND MENTIONED THEY SHOULD BE. -
You are now part of the league. - And so you should be!

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #527 on: October 23, 2012, 12:44:55 PM »
Twas my pleaseure to meet Al, Sal n Becs (AJC51) when they were here and like others have enjoyed pics n postings of their stay.

They are yet another trio of Arilliacs who enjoy the Winter darts posts and thanks to them for, yet another donation, to keep the Arilliac Singles K/O going.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #528 on: November 08, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »
Just to let all you darting enthuiasts out there know.

This Winter I have reisgned the post of League Secretary and my neighbour, Makis, has been voted in to keep up the good work.

Good for a Greek Darts League to have a Greek secretary and, I think 4 years of me is enough for all. Fresh blood with fresh ideas are needed and I can now relax this Winter and enjoy the game.

There are 8 teams this Winter and I will still be posting updates so still watch this space folks.

The Arilliac "Super Singles" K/O is safe for this and next Winter thanks to some super donations from you guys.

All our K/O's this Winter have been very well supported with:-

The Round Robin - Villa Theia
The 301 singles - Chinatown , Sidari
The Team K/O - Villa Linakis
The Pairs K/O - Rainbow - Anemos
The Mixed Pairs K/O - Compliments of JINKSY

Night Owl have this Winter looked after not only 180 awards but are sponsoring the League Runner up awards.

Dawn , wife of Makis, looks after the best league player this Winter.
(Hmmmm! - Should I re-type that??)

And Phil n Jen will supply the awards for the best 501 pairs game and the best 301 singles game.

Not to be left out, I will be putting up the awards for the best pairs %.

Who said all this was boring?. Who's still awake out there?
Cheers
Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #529 on: November 08, 2012, 05:39:02 PM »
Just remembered I was supposed to give Eileen some money when we were in Arillas last month and I forgot, what with everything else that was going on (I can now claim a senior moment)......shall I send you it now Eileen, or wait till Easter?
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #530 on: November 09, 2012, 04:05:33 PM »
"Owls and Three W's on zero points????"

Well, I suppose we have to make an allowance that they haven't played yet......
....... But, the first games of NTS got under way , this week.

Kokalo (Armourada) a new team entry met Bad Boys (A Three W's "newbie") and Kokalo were very lucky to come out 9-2 winners (Most games went 2-1)

Meerkats (Ex Golden Girls) Now a mixed Team took 4 points from Sunset before losing 7-4. (15-12 on legs)

Veterans Armourada met Owlettes+Petros (Young Owl) and scraped home to a 6-5 win. (14-10 on legs)

An interesting start with the two "BIG GUNS" yet to play each other!

Cheers
Negg

Offline stevemary

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #531 on: November 09, 2012, 05:47:20 PM »
Hi Neill.
Thanks for keeping us in touch with the dart league. I guess now you have stepped down as secretary you will have more time to concentrate on winning those trophies. Good Luck to Makis taking over the reins. I know everyone will enjoy there darts during the winter. Good Luck to all!!!
Mary

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #532 on: November 17, 2012, 05:34:53 PM »
and plenty of trophys and sponsors for this winter we have ,looking forward to plenty of pics neil ,,and im sure new sponsors will come alive and make there-self known over the winter months for winter 2013 ,,enjoy you ole bugger keep wearing the lucky shirt and wish all our freinds a great winter,mind the walls on the way home ,,huggs and xxx,s to wendy ,,,yammas,,,,,,,,,,,,x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #533 on: November 19, 2012, 12:46:45 PM »
"Meerkats only Meer Mortals........."

.........in  the presence of Night Owl who, it is said, descended from Mount Olympus 4 years ago and took the form of dart players. I'm not sure if this myth is true. It is hard to imagine Capt Bob, as Zeus, with a long grey beard and white kaftan. But, Spiros, Rainbow, could be Thor, with his voice of thunder.  -  Night Owl win 11-0.

Meanwhile, Bad Boys Bashed Baby Birds with a 9-2 win. Young Owlette, Petros, dug deep into his 2 years darting experience ( He's only 11 now!! ) to make his singles win 2 from 2.

Three W's beat Sunset 7-4 in their first match of the season whilst Kokalo beat their Armourada  counterparts 8-3.
 (11 and 12 dart 301's from Stathis and Richard)

Kokalo perch on top of the league with 17 points but Night Owl will try their best to get that perch back tonight, when these two teams meet.

A CLASH OF THE TITANS , MAYBE????

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #534 on: November 19, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »

We await the next report, this could get exciting.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #535 on: November 20, 2012, 08:04:30 PM »
I have had a request from makis to post this, its all in his words:  seen on the news that really bad weather at Corfu, raining 2 days in a row, thundering at arillas last night especially at amourada, thunders from mount Olympas  with the shape of darts straight to the doubles, Zeus and Thor showed the way with lots of luck. You could hear night owls screams till mount Olympas, there are not any more the 12 gods of olympas, there are the 7 gods of night owl, (they havn't found afrodite yet). King Dionysus gave them to much tripouro last night, that's their secret, their power. tsipouro power, yammas gringo

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #536 on: November 20, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »
Looks like we've found out who "Hermes" is then.
( The winged messenger )
 - Certainy not Neptune - No tsipouro in the sea water!

Hard luck darts report to follow shortly.

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #537 on: November 22, 2012, 05:02:58 PM »
" Bad Boys get nasty "

Newcomers to the league, Bad Boys (Three W's B) showed how much they want to finish on top with a "No Prisoners" 10-1 defeat of Meerkats.
Dougie, Meerkats, saved the brush for his team by "purring" very comfortably to a 2-0 win in his singles game.

Three W's A, continue to march on with a fine 9-2 win over Armourada and Sunset worked overtime to get a 9-2 result over Petros's Owlettes.
Petros, once again, "mothered" these little chicks with his 3rd singles win from 3 played.

The clash of the Titans, between Night Owl and Kokalo looked to be all over when the Owl took the first 3 pairs games. Kokalo bounced back with the next 3 singles. After that, these mythical gods awoke the KRAKEN and the next 5 games went the way of the Owls. Kokalo were K/O'd this time but the return game just may be different. Word has it that Medusa will be signed on and the Owls darts will turn to stone!!!

Points,
Bad Boys - 21
Kokalo - 20
Sunset - 20
Night Owl - 19 ( Game in hand )
Three W's - 16 ( Game in hand )
Armourada - 11
Petros Owlettes - 9
Meerkats - 5

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #538 on: November 22, 2012, 09:38:31 PM »

Looks like things are taking on a definite shape ;)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #539 on: November 29, 2012, 08:59:44 PM »
" SUNSET over the MOON "

Kokalo (Armourada) continue to find those winning doubles very elusive and, at 5-3 up failed to take any of the last 3 games and lost 6-5 to the better finishing of Sunset Bar.

The Three W's clash against stablemates Bad Boys also went the same way. Bad boys, at 5-3 up failed to put the icing on the cake and also lost 6-5.

Meanwhile, the Meerkats clash with Armourada "A"  finished a 7-4 win for Armourada "A". Dougie, Meerkats, has found a fountain of youth, playing for Meerkats and recorded yet another singles win. Must be mixing with these felines that does it.

Night Owl, in their usual Winter tradition, demolished Owlettes 11-0 and move top of the league, with a game in hand. Glad to see Paul back for the Owl. He was sick last week when they clashed with Kokalo. Good to see he could make it for the game against the ladies! Hope he's OK for the return against Kokalo.
(Could be a different result then!-Not 9-2, we all ask???)
Night Owl continue to remind Kokalo of last weeks result.

Now, we know who the guy in the middle is but can you match the other feet to names??

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com