Author Topic: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.  (Read 351629 times)

Offline Timbo

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
Re: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2009, 10:39:33 PM »
Sadly no, it was an exhibition night held locally and I only found out at the last minute, so quickly grabbed the 2 remaining tickets. There were 16 tables of 12 and each had a nominated player who played 3 legs, they had to supply a photo and some 'walk on' music, this had already been decided by the time we got our tickets! :-(

There is talk of another event with Barney early next year, for which I am very prepared (my name is down with 3 pubs for tickets already), so hopefully we'll see him do his stuff on stage against a pro - I'll obviously keep you posted.

It was still a great night and Ronnie is a very down to earth, kind, funny man, and it was the first time for James to come close to an idol, he loved every minute of it, best £8 I have ever spent!! (tickets were £4 each!!!)

Mind you, James still managed to bang in a 180 in the pub 10 minutes before we went to the event, on the worlds worst dart board (condition wise)!! :-)
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #211 on: October 20, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »
Ahh bless him!  It's always lovely to see my 'little one'!  Thanks for putting it on, Timbo!
Cheryl O

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2009, 05:10:18 PM »
" EARLY WAKE UP CALL FOR LADY OWLS "

New Team, Owlettes, faced a big challenge by playing last years league winners, on their first game, and went down, in legs, 22-4 to the current holders,Night Owl.
Owlettes were certainly not disgraced and the highest score of the evening went to the Owls Linda with 117. Many games also went down to the double.

Three W's manage to hang on the Night Owls feathers with an 8-3 game (18-7 legs)  defeat of Armourada and face the Owlettes next week, who will now be much more relaxed and on their home board.

Nick from Armourada recorded a 180 in his singles game. Many of you may know Nick from the reclamation yard in Arillas ( Nick n Ros )
Armourda will "entertain" Night Owl on their home board next week and are a team not to be underestimated. Night Owl will have to sharpen their beaks , I think!

Cheers
Negg

riggers

« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2009, 10:21:42 PM »
Sounded like much fun Negg :) any chance you can pick me up for next weeks match at the armourada.  :)

riggers.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2009, 11:43:41 PM »
I'll cadge a ride too riggers, as a spectator...

In my dreams
Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2009, 04:02:13 PM »
Phil n Riggers.
I think the Night Owl Team could have used you last night!!

" Armourada pluck Owls feathers "

Current League Winners , Night Owl , took a commanding 5-3 lead over Armourada in their 11 game match last night. Armourada then bounced back.with two good singles wins by Armours Gary and Roger. At the scoreline of 5-5 it was down to the last singles game.  Gary vs Capt Bob @ Owl proved to be a very tight affair and , at 1 leg each, the Capt lost the deciding leg after missing that crucial double out.
Gary now has the best singles strike rate of 80% only losing one game in 5.

Owlettes faced Three W's at home and although 8-0 down failed to be demoralised. New reccruit Dawn, and in her first season of playing, duly took out last years singles K/O winner, Three W's Capt Pavlos, 2-0 with clinical double finishing.
Owlettes Linda again produced the merit scores and now is third, overall, in the 100 plus merit table. Final scoreline 10-1.

Armourada face Owlettes next week with Three W's away to the Owl. Pressure matches for all 4 teams which could turn the points table upside down.

Cheers
Negg

riggers

« Reply #216 on: December 03, 2009, 09:16:29 PM »
Phil n Riggers.
I think the Night Owl Team could have used you last night.

Neill i think we would both of obliged no problem  :)

Happy Darting mate.

riggers.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #217 on: December 03, 2009, 09:27:19 PM »
riggers you know me so so well... We certainly would Eggy. Love reading these posts.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »
      " Three Doubles not enough for Three W's "

After three winning doubles, to hold a 3-3 result, THree W's failed to add to their tally and the internet bar "crashed" to an 8-3 by Night Owl, which puts the "Birds" back at the top of the tree.
Meanwhile... The Owlettes are now learning to fly and take 3 valuable points away from Armourada, who are chasing for the league winners spot. Owlettes face a daunting task to win the league but have again fired warning shots to other teams that they can take very crucial points away should opponents fail to sparkle.

On the singles front, Derek at Armourada holds a 100% record with 4 wins from 4, with Nickos,Night Owl, nudging from behind with 80% ( 4 from 5 ) and Capt Pavlos, Three W's, on 75% ( 3 from 4 )

It's very hard to judge the best Lady player so far as Owlettes Linda , Dawn and Miriam are all singles winners, as is Jean at Armourada. Best 100+ scores hit is Linda at the moment - Long way to go though!

To maintain the pressure on Night Owl, Three W's will be looking for a big win over Armourada next Tuesday. - ON ARMOURADA'S HOME BOARD? - Hmmmmm!

Current points Tally is:
Night Owl - 24
Three W's - 21
Armourada - 17
Owlettes - 4

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2009, 04:40:51 PM »
Well done Night Owl - keep it up

Sorry Eggy, but I've got to support my local team!!!!!! & well done Captain Bob, Owlettes & Linda - you've got my support even though I'm nearly two thousand miles away!

Sara

riggers

« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2009, 04:45:46 PM »
I'm a Three W's Fan...because i've played on their board. Up the W's.

Negg i'm getting my practise in for June.. beware.lol

riggers.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2009, 10:39:59 PM »
Riggers
You're support is well needed, I think, as next week we ( Three W's ) will need to beat Armourada 8-3/9-2 to keep up with Night Owl. Owlettes may take 3 games from the Owl so we need to keep the gap between us and Owl as small as possible,

Armourada have a very good team so a 8-3/9-2 against us will put them on the tail of the Owl. - All very close and nail biting for a "Not To Serious" league.

I'm on an 80% record here only dropping 3 legs in pairs and nil legs in singles but it's very hard work. Some good 'ole players here and haven't played the best yet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sara - I'm hoping , by mid season, Night Owl will need all the support they can get!
But, a good solid team though and Capt Bob "knows his onions"

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2009, 10:46:38 AM »
   "Early Christmas Stuffing for Owlettes"

Night Owl take a healthy 8 point lead, in the N.T.S Darts League, with an 11-0 win over Owlettes. Though , If points had been given for the most Bulls hit the Owlettes would have won 4-0 with 2 from Penny, and 1 each from Dawn and Ann.
Three W's, at 5-3 down to Armourada, finally managed to claw back a victory, wiining the last 3 games. A 6-5 result either way being a fiar result as both sides struggled with the doubles. Armourada's Senan was very unlucky, just missing a 157 checkout, with his last dart just falling under double top.
Capt Bob and Paul, Night Owl, head the "League Consistency Table" with 90% and 88.9% respectively with Derek(Armourada) and Capt Pavlos(Three W's) just behind, both on 81.8%.
A 2 week break now, for Christmas, with open K/O;s organised will give players a chance of practising those doubles. First K/O at The Coconut on Saturday.

Our Bumper Xmas Raffle will be held next Tuesday and we have around 20 tickets still to be sold. At least 14 prizes which include Whisky,Brandy,Martini,Ouzo,and Wines plus Chocs and darts. Anyone else interested out there PM me with a pledge and send the money to Eileen who has agreed to forward it on to us.
(Prizes won will be kept for you, on your return)

Cheers All
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #223 on: December 24, 2009, 11:55:53 AM »
   A very Merry Xris.................

....... anthos ( Chrisanthos ) has won our N.T.S first open darts K/O for this season.

From an entry of 16 good players no one had an easy draw and the likes of Eggy (Three W's), Dimitris (Night Owl) and Makis ( Night Owl ) "retired" early.

The semi-final line up saw Capt Bob ( Owl ) vs Xrisanthos with Capt Pavlos ( W's) against Armouradas Gary.  With a league singles average of 82% against Gary's 42%, the "money" would have gone on Three W's to make the final. Gary had other ideas and Pavlos sat down , losing 2-1. The final was nip n tuck all the way with a very releived Xris hitting the crucial double.

An excellant evening at Armourada who, once again, proved great hosts and laid on vast quantities of (Greek) sausage and chips for players and all supporters.

Next Tuesday takes the open K/O to Three W's. Can Xrisanthos make it a double by winning on his Home board?
Cheers
Negg

Capt Bob, ( 80% average ) once again looked to be favourite but nobody told Xrisanthos that and clean doubles out won him the game.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #224 on: December 31, 2009, 06:23:10 PM »

A very Merry Xris.................

....... anthos ( Chrisanthos ) has won our N.T.S first open darts K/O for this season.

It's also a Happy New Year for Xrisanthos as he "done the double" and won the open singles at Three W's on Tuesday, taking the scalp of Capt.Pavlos on the way.
His opponent , in the final was Rainbow/Night Owl's Spiros who produced some very good darts to eliminate his brother Dimitris who, in turn, produced a good display of high scoring to send his Capt. Bob to an early sit down.

The question now is:-
 "Have Three W's issued a warning to League leaders, Night Owl, that their 8 point lead is in danger of being severley whittled down in 2010.

Cheers All
Negg

Booking.com