Author Topic: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.  (Read 351857 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.
« Reply #285 on: September 25, 2010, 06:33:56 PM »
Very pleased to spend time with Mick n Jill n Calum this afternoon in the Nut.
Young Calum has given many here a lot of pleasure in the way he plays the game and the consistency he can acheive. He is a real "Mister Cool"  and shows little emotion.

Our N.T.S. Darts league has presented him with a lifetime membership and a certificate, duly signed by all Team Captains and Nickos from the Owl ( No.1 Seed ) was duly presented to him this afternoon.

He's a good young lad and showed his appreciation by letting me beat him 4-3.
I hope that during the week he will meet a few more of our Winter League players and get some more games in.
CALUM vs ALEXANDRA - Now that's a game I will mark as the best of 7!!

Cheers All
Negg

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2010, 07:15:13 PM »
hi neil
started getting a few bits for you for the winter league,see you on the 11th oct,,yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »
Eggy mate, it's "Daddy Cool." Well only if you're old enough to remember Boney M. Calum is such a credit to M&J. So glad to see him recognised.

CALUM vs ALEXANDRA - Now that's a game I will mark as the best of 7!!
Clash of the (young) Titans??? Just make sure Jen and me are there to witness it! We wouldn't miss it for the world.

We support lots of sports  from the bar (just like we do the Arillas NTS league.) But yours is more personal to us. 

Our best wishes to the league. Will always support, but play? Er no.....

Phil

Offline Timbo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2010, 11:01:29 PM »
Neill,

Firstly, I apologise for my lack of forum activity over the last year or so and also both James and myself were sorry to have missed seeing you again earlier this year.

However, we (Cheryl mainly), thought you might like to see these!

Anyway, we are still keeping up with the practice (I need it, James doesn't!) and hope to put it to use against you again sometime! :-)

I hope you are all keeping well :-)

p.s I'll try not to be so much of a stranger to the forum too!

Take care mate. Tim

I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2010, 12:21:14 AM »
Nice to hear from you Timbo !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #290 on: October 08, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »
Timbo

Peter Manley? Adrian Lewis? - Wot Sorta crowd you mixing with?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Winter Darts League kicks off, around 9th November, and I'm pleased that we now have 6 teams competeing. THis is a real boost for those Tavernas like Night Owl and Armourada and Three W's which are able to stay open over these months and the services which they offer help to make a good Winter for all of us.

The more teams the merrier and much sponsorship has been offered to make the league more interesting and help to introduce more people.

Yiotas Tourist Shop, Brouklis and Coconut Bar are all giiving prizes this year.
Plus Villa Linakis and Villa Theia and JAC Transport and Corfu Estate Agents.

I have also taken the liberty of getting a couple of awards engraved as -
"Arillas Forum Members"
This is because I have already had some very welcome support from those who enjoy reading this darts posting.
The more the merrier, I say, so If you have a spare euro the send it to Eileen.
Obviously there are many, many more needy causes than darts but every thing helps to keep the league alive and when the league does well so do the Tavernas.

This Winter I plan to take pics of all darts teams competing and put names to faces so you lucky lot just might bump into them next Summer.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #291 on: November 10, 2010, 05:54:15 PM »
MARGuERITtAS MAGIC MAXIMUM DRIVES WILD WOMEM WILDER

Wild Wild Women , the new Ladies team at Three W's, got an early match boost last night in their first game of the NTS Winter League, with a perfect 180 score, from up n coming team mate Margerita. Not to be outdone, a few throws later, she hit a very unselfish 177 to leave her partner double 4.  (Another 180 would only have left 5)
Armour Plated, the new team from Armourada were very hard pushed but finally came out on top with a 7-4 match win.

Armourada made it a double Armour victory by beating Night Owl, current champs, by 6 games to 5 with a last game decider. Three W's meet Owlettes tonight and probably look to jump into an early lead at the Owlettes expense. But Owlettes may have something to say about that.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2010, 06:31:41 PM »
MARGUERITTAS MAGIC MAXIMUM DRIVES WILD WOMEN WILDER

Wild Wild Women , the new Ladies team at Three W's, got an early match boost last night in their first game of the NTS Winter League, with a perfect 180 score, from up n coming team mate Margerita. Not to be outdone, a few throws later, she hit a very unselfish 177 to leave her partner double 4.  (Another 180 would only have left 5)
Armour Plated, the new team from Armourada were very hard pushed but finally came out on top with a 7-4 match win.

Armourada made it a double Armour victory by beating Night Owl, current champs, by 6 games to 5 with a last game decider. Three W's meet Owlettes tonight and probably look to jump into an early lead at the Owlettes expense. But Owlettes may have something to say about that.
Cheers
Negg

Spelling mistakes - Bummer - The above probably looks better.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2010, 09:13:43 PM »
neil
sounds like its going to be a good winter ,,yammas

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #294 on: November 11, 2010, 12:13:27 PM »
W.ell W.ell W.ell - Who would have thought that.........

Three W's , A team would have taken all 11 points from Owlettes in their first match of the Winter League. Owlettes put up a brave fight but and 4 games could have gone either way but W's were a little stronger and luckier on the finishing.

Early days yet in the ladies singles table but Margueritta holds top spot with a 71% average and Armouradas Ann sitting nicely in second with 67%.
Figures based on legs played and legs won.

Cheers
Negg

Nan

« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »
WOW I wish I was there to see it!!

Isn't it funny that those days in September watching you and Corfusoon playing with Marqueritta's hubby seem such a long time ago now! The lovely little lad from the midlands aswell played with enthusiasm if not blinding accuracy. Oh happy days!

C'mon girls! Isn't it strange when you mention legs I don't seem to equate it with darts when it's the girls playing!! I am going to apologise unreservedly for that last remark but if a fella had said it he would be booted off the forum!!

Happy throwing!

Cheers Nan xxx 

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
Neill just to let you know Calum is getting a lot of practice in and is wearing his new 3Ws tee shirt ha hah

Jill x
Jill XXX

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #297 on: November 12, 2010, 09:08:54 PM »
Don't despair Owlettes, better luck next time. Even though we're nearly 2000 miles away, don't forget that we're cheering you on - Night Owl too :)

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #298 on: November 12, 2010, 09:31:42 PM »
Neill I think it just ace that you guys are keeping yourselves busy of a winter evening enjoying the darts and you said its keeping the tavernas busy and in so doing creating a happy balance between the seasons...

Keep the dart reports coming and you never know I may one day turn up with some flights lol
Angxx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #299 on: November 18, 2010, 05:19:50 PM »
Amourada "A" penetrate Armourada's Armour Plated's "B" at Armourada

The three way 2 team clash, all at Home Tavernas, bought in some shock results.

Eggs team,Armour Plated. at 5-5 lost the deciding game to "veterans" Armourada whilst last years winners, Night Owl, left the Owlettes hanging in a tree with an 11-0 whitewash. Three W's Margueritta saved a whitewash for her team, against the men, by winning her singles. But, even at a 10-1 result the Wild Wild Women were certainly not taimed and were just as wild at the end of the games.
(SO I'M TOLD)

Armour Plated Derek scored the second 180 of the league.
Armourada's Gary heads the league merit table with 6 scores of a 100+.
Margueritta remains top of the ladies table.

Next week will see the "Big Guns" clash with Three W's vs Night Owl. Both teams will be after convincing wins as a 6-5 either way will allow both the "Armours" to close that points gap.

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com