Linked Events

• Matin-W Hollday begins: May 08, 2009 - May 21, 2009

Author Topic: Martin-w holiday  (Read 5022 times)

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Martin-w holiday
« on: November 24, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »
Hi All,
Just got back from the Travel Agents. I'm booked. Got a flight from Cardiff CWL on friday 8th. May arriving Corfu 12.35hrs. returning 22nd May at 13.35hrs. from Corfu to Cardiff. Couldn't get a three week booking. It gives me an excuse to go again in September!
Yammas,
Martin.

riggers

Re: Martin-w holiday
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 08:44:40 PM »
Good for you Martin. Looks like you got good flying times too.

yammas

riggers..........

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:42:42 PM »
Have you booked with Dorita again Martin?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 09:58:24 PM »
Hi, Martin.  Did you get a reasonable price?  I certainly hope so.   Cardiff would be our first choice airport if the price was right.

Best Wishes   Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 05:00:44 AM »
Hi All!
I priced the flight online and the local Thomson travel agency managed to get it £2 cheaper with a guarantee of money back if all goes pearshaped! It worked out at £309 plus meal and seat allocation to a total of £349. Gatwick was £275 plus bus fare and tax which worked out at almost the same price. There is only one flight per week from CWL so rather than risk not getting on the flight, about 199 seats on a 757, I booked it. The agents thought that there was no chance of any further reduction.
I have an ongoing understanding with Dorita that she will fit me in once I have confirmed the flight details. I will either 'phone her or send a letter in her Christmas card to confirm the booking and find out what next year's costs will be. Hope there wont be too much of an increase over last year!
Feel great now it's all sorted, looking forward to May and going 'home' for another great time and meeting everyone again. Dennis, who normally stays with Popy and Spiros at The Bardis Sun Studios 'phoned me on Saturday and told me to 'get off my bum and get booked' as he would be there from the 11th. for eight weeks.
I'll have to work ut how to get one of those 'tickler factory' things on my posts so I can watch the time tick away, ready for the off!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »
hi martin-w me and the wife will be there on the 15 th may for two weeks see you there roll on may

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 06:02:16 AM »
Hi Keith,
Look forward to meeting you both. May seems a long way off now, but once Christmas has been and gone, it's great to have Arillas to look forward to!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 02:35:59 PM »
Hi Martin, we will miss you by a couple of days again!  We are booked at the Akti from the 25th May just flights to organise.  Want 10 days this time.

Nancy from Corfu Escape has sent me an email so I've enquired with her about flights.  Thomsonfly are the only ones i can get at the moment for 10 days and its working out about £620 just for flights.

To get your ticker thingy, its easy just log on to the website and follow the instructions, if i can do it anybody can, lol.

Sharon x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 04:58:16 PM »
Ah Sharon, Pete and I wanted you to be there for a few days with us, Billy to help with the phisical building while you and me mucked out and then a good drink. Still it isn't to be. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 01:18:44 PM »
Hi Sharon!
Oops missed again. Are you going back in september? Maybe we can meet up then.
Martin.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 07:34:10 PM »
It seems my last post on here has caused a bit of a miss understanding, unfortnatly when I said physical building i was talking about work at the donkey rescue not on our house (that dosent exist) shame but there you go. I had a couple of pm's asking where it is. Sorry folks not yet.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com