Welcome to Arillas > Photo Gallery Board

How to add pictures on the forum Gallery

(1/4) > >>

dimitris:
Resize a picture to less than 300,000 bytes ( 300Kb) and then upload here
Please make sure you select the appropriate category for each picture.

Your picture editing software should have a resize option. Ideal size for internet is 200,000 bytes or 640x320 px.
Max allowed image height:1600px
Max allowed image width:700px
Max allowed image filesize:300,000 bytes ( 300Kb)

This is an online service you can use easily :-
http://www.resize2mail.com/

Select the file from your computer. The size defaults to 360x480. check to " [450 x 600]" and Click "OK"When picture appears, move mouse to it and right click, "Save As" and click ok to write to your computer.

You can then go back to your post here and select "Attach" option. Select browse and add your picture.

blondegirl:
Thanks Dimitris, I will try that to add my profile photo as some of mine are too big too download and I didnt know how to do it, it might take me some time though.

justphil:
Thanks Dimitris. I had PaintShop Pro until last week's Trojan Horse virus made me reformat my hard disk and reinstall everything. Sadly it was a download (legal and paid for!) but I didn't save it onto external media and it was lost. (Idiot mou)

You can resize a picture in Microsoft Paint (All Programs/Accessories/Paint) by opening it and pressing Ctrl W. Change the stretch percentage to about 30% both vertical and horizontal for pictures taken on a camera, then save to a new name using the File/Save As, then select Save As type JPEG. The point is that cameras save pictures for printing and they need to be resized for the screen. It seems to work - this next test will show how well. A picture of you Litsa and bebis we took in September.....

patrickjohn:
Thanks for the guidance Dimitris.  Am enjoying the photos on the forum gallery.
PJ

EddieB:
Why do I get this?

An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to add a picture.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version