Author Topic: first time to Arillas  (Read 8146 times)

Offline margot

first time to Arillas
« on: March 03, 2005, 09:50:55 PM »
Hello all,
We are going to Arillas in May and we are staing in Thomas Bungalows. Can anyone give us information?
thanks in advance,
Margot

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
first time to Arillas
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 12:45:52 AM »
Hello Margot,

Welcome to the Forum and Arillas.

I'm not sure if you want information on Thomas Bungalows or Arillas, or maybe both (!)  :)

Here are a couple of websites with info' on the Bungalows.

http://corfutravel.net/thomas-bungalows/

www.thomasbungalows.com

Fire away with any questions on Arillas itself, there are lots of members out here only to happy to help.

Eileenx

Offline margot

first time to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 01:53:49 PM »
Quote from: Eileen
Hello Margot,

Thanks Eileen,
I would like to have as much information as possible on both (I have visited the website of Thoma bungalows, but there is not much information).
Almost all picyures on websites of Arillas are beach pfoto's. Can anyone tell me more? Is it an old village?

thnaks,
Margot

Welcome to the Forum and Arillas.

I'm not sure if you want information on Thomas Bungalows or Arillas, or maybe both (!)  :)

Here are a couple of websites with info' on the Bungalows.

http://corfutravel.net/thomas-bungalows/

www.thomasbungalows.com

Fire away with any questions on Arillas itself, there are lots of members out here only to happy to help.

Eileenx

Offline Janina C

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Thomas Bungalows
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 03:03:24 PM »
Hello Margot

If you like somewhere really lively and buzzing then Arillas is not the place.

Arillas is a small place but is absolutely packed with lovely friendly greek people who really are the best.

Thomas Bunglows are off the main area in a quiet location but only a 5 to 10 minutes stroll from the beach (no hills). We haven't stayed there but we had a good look around when we first went to Arillas. They we very clean and as usual very basic with a beautiful garden, there is a pool nearby and a minimarket not too far away.

The Heritage Walk is a stones throw away (up the hill to Afionas) and is very interesting seeing how the local people lived in the not too distant past, I was amazed at how self-sufficient everyone was. The retired greek priest who runs it is very happy to show you round (if it isn't siesta time).

Anaplasis is also nearby. If you enjoy walking there is always a good hill walk to San Stephanos.

If you follow some of the links on the Arillas Web site you will find out a lot more.
Enjoy!!!
Janina

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
first time to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 04:42:03 PM »
Margot,

I thought that you might be interested to see this.  It is a report based on a guided walk week which took place in October last year, there are a couple of photos of Arillas, where the walks were based.  

http://www.marengowalks.com/corfu_report.html

I found the whole article very interesting, with plenty of information on the areas surrounding Arillas.

Eileen.

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
first time to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 04:51:18 PM »
Hi Eileen
 I was on the same time as you and I've just looked at that web site and what I have seen so far looks very good, especislly the very first photo
which is almost the same photo that I have for my screen page because it
looks at you know what !!! I'll have a better look at the rest of the page
later,I've put in my favs. Thanks for that, speak soon.

Paul/Deb5

Offline margot

Re: first time to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 06:29:08 PM »
Quote from: margot
Hello all,
We are going to Arillas in May and we are staing in Thomas Bungalows. Can anyone give us information?
thanks in advance,
Margot

Thanks everyone. I have a few more questions...
- what is the best way to go to Arillas from the airport? (4 persons, a wheelchair and a lot of luggage I'm afraid).  A minibus taxi?
- are there any authentic Greek taverns in Arillas?
- The village: is it a (more or less) authentic Greek village?
- What is the price for sunbeds/umbrella's on the beach?
- are there only British tourists in Arillas? (fine with me), we are Dutch.

Thanks in advance
regards,
Margot
Margot

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
first time to Arillas
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 07:22:57 PM »
Hello Margot,
and welcome to this site,we all hope you enjoy it and think that you will love Arillas.Sally and i will be there in May we arrive May 2nd for 2 weeks.Brouklis which is owned by Dimitris who's site this is is a good example of a greek taverna and all food is cooked from fresh ingrediants by Dimitris sister.There is a fish taverna near your apartment,but we have never tried it.The Amouliada (spelling not quiet right) is right on the cross roads in Arillas is also quiet good,Brouklis is just up from here.You do get Germans,a few Italians(early May)a few dutch people,so it is quiet a mix and like us on here you see the same faces year in year out whether it's English,Dutch German or Italians.Hope this helps.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
First time in Arillas
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 09:40:50 PM »
Margot
4 adults , luggage and a wheelchair seems a lot to get in one vehicle, even an Airport Mercedes. Airport Taxis can be expensive as well. You could try Arillas Travel on 2663 051280 or 051380 or 052029. Olga speaks very good English and will arrange things and give you a price in advance. They also have a fax no. 2663051381. Just add your international code on the front of these numbers. There's no one in the offices at the moment as I have been trying to contact them so you may have to wait untill the end of April or May.
I am not sure about Sunbed/Umbrella prices but 5 euros each springs to mind.
( Quick somebody - what's the prices?? )
A lot of people buy an umbrella in the local Supermarket as it works out cheaper in the long run. And you can take it home.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
First time in Arillas
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 10:00:17 PM »
Margot
4 adults , luggage and a wheelchair seems a lot to get in one vehicle, even an Airport Mercedes. Airport Taxis can be expensive as well. You could try Arillas Travel on 2663 051280 or 051380 or 052029. Olga speaks very good English and will arrange things and give you a price in advance. They also have a fax no. 2663051381. Just add your international code on the front of these numbers. There's no one in the offices at the moment as I have been trying to contact them so you may have to wait untill the end of April or May.
I am not sure about Sunbed/Umbrella prices but 5 euros each springs to mind.
( Quick somebody - what's the prices?? )
A lot of people buy an umbrella in the local Supermarket as it works out cheaper in the long run. And you can take it home.
Negg

Offline JohnandAnne

margot
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 10:08:41 PM »
You will enjoy Arillas - in 12 years of going I have not met anyone who didn't.
We stayed at Thomas about 18 months and you will be well looked after.
Arillas is a living village, and not a place that closes in off season,although most of the appartments do, people still live and work there throughout the year. Armourada for instance is open all year.
The locals eat in all the tavernas so your not likely to find a bad one.
Anne and I will be in Arillas from 2 - 16 May and can often be found in Grazela, Armourada or, more likely Thalassos on an afternoon after the beach playing Yahtzee and drinking the coolest Amstel you will ever taste, say helo if you see us.
Have a wonderful time.
John & Anne

Offline margot

Re: margot
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 06:49:09 PM »
Quote from: John&Anne
You will enjoy Arillas - in 12 years of going I have not met anyone who didn't.
We stayed at Thomas about 18 months and you will be well looked after.
Arillas is a living village, and not a place that closes in off season,although most of the appartments do, people still live and work there throughout the year. Armourada for instance is open all year.
The locals eat in all the tavernas so your not likely to find a bad one.
Anne and I will be in Arillas from 2 - 16 May and can often be found in Grazela, Armourada or, more likely Thalassos on an afternoon after the beach playing Yahtzee and drinking the coolest Amstel you will ever taste, say helo if you see us.
Have a wonderful time.
John & Anne

Thanks for the information, we will arrive at the 21st of May, so we won't meet.
regards,
Margot

Offline Mr & Mrs Cafes

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
First time in arillas
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 10:01:01 PM »
Eggy Try sending Olga an e-mail if you want to contact Arillas Travel , she replied to me last week no problem.    info@arillas-travel.com

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
first time to Arillas
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 11:02:39 PM »
Hi Margot
Everyone else has given you lots of info, all i have to say is have a wonderful time ,which I'm sure you will and make sure you go and see
Dimitris at Brouklis Taverna and have some traditional Greek food and have your photo taken and he can then put it on the Forum ,if you want?

Paul/Deb5

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Arillas Travel
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 03:52:02 PM »
Wendy & Stuart
Thanks for that but I have already sent one, as well as trying to ring. Maybe she will pick it up at the weekend.
Negg

Booking.com