Author Topic: New Villa for 2009  (Read 60100 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: New Villa for 2009
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 11:57:05 AM »
Look absolutely gorgeous Sara! Good luck with it all and it most definetly will be worth it :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Sara

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 05:09:50 PM »
Arillas Experts - Can you help me out ? May I ask you some questions ?

I'm putting together a guest book so I need as much information about Arillas as possible. 
I can't believe I don't know this, but where is the post box in Arillas & where can you buy stamps from ?  Shame on me, I know, but I seldom send postcards! Where ever it is, I must have past it hundreds of times.

I know the emergency tel no for the Police is 100 & the Fire is 199/191 but what is the number for an Ambulance ?

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy & takeaway a Pita Giros - for those nights when you want to eat in, but can't be bothered to cook!!!

Where do you catch the bus for Corfu town, what time does it leave & where are you dropped off in Corfu Town ?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions as my book progresses.

Sara

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 06:29:34 PM »
Sara you can post mail and buy stamps at Billys supermarket opposite the Armourada taverna.
We found the Grill Room next to the Malibu did the best Pita Giros - very tasty and very cheap all the locals seem to go there for takeaways.
The bus you can also catch from outside the Armourada very early in the morning and gets back about 3pm, I think it is better to get off at the bus station if you do not know Corfu Town very well as someone will always be able to direct you back for your return.
Barry

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 07:17:34 PM »
Thanks for the information Barry.
I've not tried a Pita Giros from the Steki Grill Room...........yet!  Will do in May though.
Still can't believe i forgot where the post box is - you really can't miss it can you ?

Many thanks
Sara

Offline isobel

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 11:35:28 AM »
hi i think it would be good to mention in your guest book about afionas the veiws and the food up at the 3 brothers is excellent and if guests like to walk its beautiful scenery

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 05:49:19 PM »
Hi Sara

You must be so excited, it's one of those things you tend to do only once in your life and its worrying and exciting all at once. Good luck with every thing i'm sure it will be wonderful.

My family and i are out in Corfu from the 35th April till the 10th may be we will see you there!

Take care and enjoy!!

Mandy
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »
".....the 35th April ..."  ????

Which calendar do you use then Mandy??!!  :D

angie

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 08:41:47 PM »
Ahem, my good lady was obviously so excited for you she was having an other worldly experience or something.

We are there 25th April.

If you are about it might be nice to say Hi and have a glass of wine.

Best of Luck

Frank

Offline Curt

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Rare Corfu Lizard
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 11:10:11 AM »
Hi Sara,
Just thought I should say hello as it appears we share the same builder !
Spiros has been building ours up in the olive groves near Velonades.
We have been extreamly pleased with the work he has done for us so far , and when
we visited them back in December , Aggie told us he had a villa to build ready for the spring, and I would think that was yours !
Its a shame they have had so much rain over the winter , but I am sure yours will be done.
It would be good to hear from you ...
Curt

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »
Isobel - yes, I thought I would write a little bit about the surrounding areas, but especially Afionas because I personally love the little village.  Every year when I visit I still find the views simply stunning - Agios Georgios on one side, Arillas & the beautiful sunsets on the other. There really is no other place quite like it.
 I will definitely mention the walk down to Porto Timoni beach too, which is a must.

Mandy & Frank - good to hear from you & we'll look forward to a glass of wine.  35th April???? sounds like Mandy may already have had a glass or two!!!!

Curt - To date, we are more than pleased with Spiros, in fact he has excelled himself. From the start he has not had to change or recify anything & he works so hard.  I will send you a P.M because i don't want to bore the other members & guests with build talk.

Sara.............x

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »
Sorry about my mistake.

But I have to say, I keep thinking that there are not enough days to do everything at the moment!!

Maybe there should be some extended months!!!

take care Mandy

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 10:23:32 PM »
I know the feeling well. So much to do in such little time. I don't know where to start. Can't even think staight sometimes :(

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 05:58:20 PM »
Well, I'm not sure if this qualifies for "What a small world" because Arillas IS small, but Curt and Sara it would appear that you also share the same builder with me as it was Spiros who built my house near Dafni.
I too am very pleased with the standard of his work, and his patience also. We have been "On and Off" with our building over several years due to lack of funds, but whenever we have been ready for the next stage of work to be done he and Aggie have always bent over backwards to get things sorted quickly and professionally. I am due to visit last week in April to try and get the house into a condition whereby we can actually live in it, and even though the few little jobs I need doing must be nothing compared to the full building projects that Spiros is currently working on both he and Aggie still treat me as though I am their most important client and don't make me feel like I am being a nuisance for asking for help with such small items.
If anyone viewing this forum is thinking about having some building work done then I think they should be able to gather from this message thread who is the best in the area.
Congratulations to you both on your choice. Maybe we shall all meet one day and have a drink to Spiros - Yiammas!
:-)

Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »
Good to hear from you Geoff.  Yes I'm sure we will meet one day & we will raise our glasses to Spiros.

I've a few more pics to add.  As mentioned before villa is changing almost daily. The traditional roof has been added & the roof tiling should be complete tomorrow.  The 'crazy paving' & pool are looking good.

Sara

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 10:51:06 PM »
It's looking fantastic Sara......bet you can't wait to stay in it....
Sandy x

Booking.com