Author Topic: Lucy's Tent  (Read 8194 times)

Offline Stuart

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Lucy's Tent
« on: March 04, 2005, 06:28:30 PM »
Now I know this may sound a bit lame but I have a bit of a predicament and would appreciate some advice.

When she's not running around (which is most of the time, I'm afraid) my little Jack Russell Lucy is a bit of a shade lover.  I was a bit worried that the Arillas sun might be a bit too much for her when we arrive in May, so I have bought one of those semi-circular beach shelters for her to lie in.

My question is - would I be able to leave it on the beach for the whole week that we are there?  Otherwise, it means taking it down every night and re-erecting it every morning.  Of course, I would make sure it is not blocking any of the areas where they rent sunbeds and I would weigh it down with some rocks to prevent it being blown away during the night - and if it gets nicked (which I doubt) they can have it - after all, it cost less than £10.

What do you think?

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
A "plot" on the beach
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 08:54:03 PM »
Stuart
I do not think you would have a problem with anybody stealing it, for the first few days at least. After all, looking down onto the beach it would be difficult to tell if anyone was in it, so the odds would be in your favour. However, if the tourist police make any late night checks they might consficate it. Maybe go further down towards the nudist area. For only a "tenner" it is probably worth the gamble. It certainly outshines leaving yer towel on a sunbed!
Regards
Negg

Offline Stuart

Lucy's Tent
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 09:33:32 PM »
Thanks Eggy, that sounds like a good idea.   :)

Mind you, I'll have to warn Lucy not to stare at the nudies  :shock:   - she is such a sensitive soul!   :wink:  

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Lucy's Tent
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 10:02:27 PM »
Stuart,

We've had great fun watching folks grapple with these tents trying to fold them up, it invariably ends up in an argument with everyone in the party having a go!
I think leaving it in place for the week is the best idea, you could try letting it out for a few euros a night....now Eggy were your friends not looking for somewhere quiet and secluded for somewhere to stay? :wink:

Eileen

Offline Stuart

Lucy's Tent
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 11:10:17 PM »
Now that's the sort of idea I really like, Eileen.   :D

In fact, as I'm bringing the car, I might take the opportunity to bring a few more with me.  In no time at all, I could end up as Arillas's first slum landlord!   :twisted:

I've even thought of a theme for my new property agency - I'm going to paint them all orange and call the firm "EasyTent".   8)

And before he sticks his nose in, you can let Stelios know that I have already got it trademarked.   :mrgreen:

I'm also going to put the company in Lucy's name to avoid the tax.  After all, they are "pup" tents.   :roll:

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline Samantha

Lucy's Tent
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 01:47:41 AM »
tee hee!  ooh go on Stuart! I will have somewhere to go early in the morning when i get kicked out of the last open bar! lol  :lol:
Samantha McCoo  :-)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Lucy's Tent
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 11:38:12 AM »
Hi, What a great idea Samantha, but dont be surprised if you find a few more bodie's there in the early morning. Stuart, we got one last year and it was under a fiver yet served its purpose very well, just remember it is May your going and the tide could wash it away, if the beech isn't back, so make sure lucy's on solid ground. I can just see her now running around like a lunitic and enjoying herself, Just watch see dosn't decide to play with our little friend one wing, he does a great retrieve and might not like it if she get's his tennis ball. hehe. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Stuart

Lucy's Tent
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 04:42:05 PM »
Vivian

If Lucy tries on holiday what she did to me yesterday, I might just zip her up in her tent and set her afloat myself!!!!   8)  

We had been out for her walk and, by the time we got back to the car, she was absolutely filthy and soaking wet.  When I opened the door to get her towel, she barged straight past me and proceeded to rub herself up and down the whole length of the back seats.  She then sat there with what can only be described as a huge sadistic grin on her face, as if to say "...and what are you going to do about that then?".   :evil:

I tell you, one day she will push me too far!!!   :twisted:
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Lucy's Tent
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 12:00:25 PM »
snigger snigger snigger, isn't it frustrating, you get wet and cold just so they can have thier enjoyment and then they do that to you. What would we do without our four legged friend's.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com