Author Topic: Where have they all gone?!  (Read 14670 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Where have they all gone?!
« on: December 28, 2008, 07:37:23 PM »
I may be having a blonde moment but all the package faves such as Perry and Jimmy's, Nafsika, Bakery etc arent showing on the Manos/Thomas Cook website.  I have noticed that Tria Adelphia have their own website so are they standing alone also? We have some friends (family of 4) coming with us in July (they were thinking 20th -3rd Aug)and I think they are a bit daunted by the independent route.

They had the option of Christos but I was steering away on account of pre-mentioned issues.  can anyone help? the Kaloudis seems to be booked up.  I want them to do Irene Villas so they are looking into that.

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
Re: Where have they all gone?!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 08:19:14 PM »

Hey Jo,
How are you doing? Happy belated holidays! Hope you all had fun?
That doesn't sound very promising does it? As a seasoned 'indie' traveller - although I've done it both ways, I'm not really much help to you - I bet there will be masses of other Forum members who'll be able to assist though :-)
It does seem a bit strange though - doesn't it?
Maybe the package deals are waiting until after the holidays to spring their deals? Or maybe I don't know what the dickens I'm talking about :-)
If your mates want any independent options though - I'm right here for ya - just let me know.
:-) xx

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »
Hi Jo i noticed Mathraki aparts not with thomson or 1st choice this year
From what i understand a lot of Tour operators have not booked as many places thats why the prices are still high i think,also the exchange rate is rubbish compared to 2 years ago which will make a difference to all of us
I watched a program this morning and a lot of folk are booking to places like Mexico Turkey Tunisa and Egypt to get a better deal and i cant say as i blame them
                                      Tony

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 08:45:56 PM »
Hi Becky B

Nice to hear from you.  have you and Christian booked for next year yet? Yes we have had a lovely time thank you.  Although Harry, (one of the twins) said he was 'bored' today. I suggested he looked around at the (ridiculous!) array of toys and re-thought his comments!!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 08:51:06 PM »
Thanks Tony, I have emailed the Mathraki as they got some brilliant reviews this year.  And Becky, Doh..just noticed your countdown!! Where are you staying? I am sure that I will have read it somewhere!

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 09:00:09 PM »
We stayed there last year Jo brillint apartments and wouldn't hesitate to book there again spectacular views from the balcony of Gravia
                                  Tony

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 09:19:05 PM »
Hi Jo. The forum can help with independent. Many of us only do it that way... and we have probably seen just about every mistake you can make between us all.

Confidence is another issue - I so understand when people feel they need the "safety net" of a Tour Operator when spending all of their spare money ("spare? spare money???" We haven't got any! Have you??)

The extra you pay works when you have no idea of where you are going and want to spend your time and arguing with reps, which is a complete waste of time and money in my view.

If they are going with yous, they don't have to worry. Like us, you know every street, every taverna, every waiter every barman (and in my case the gorgeous Hanna in the Coconut too) and will totally enjoy if they understand the following:

Arillas has something for everyone. Festive teenagers (like me and Sandy - I might be recycled but what's wrong with that dear?) superb meals in dozens of venues, a superb beach, peace and quiet, masses of flora and fauna, Eggy? The list goes on.

Anyone can find happiness there if they make the effort...
Phil

Nan

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 10:07:37 PM »
It does seem as though the big operators are hedging their bets this year.

The Mathraki studios are excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I would definitely stay there again Jo.

My friend managed to book the Akti in October for July this year and is so glad to have taken the plunge.There was the risk of prices going up or the supply being a bit erratic. It's a tough decision to make and you don't always make the right choice. Things are so volatile at the moment.

Happy holiday hunting all of yous :)

Cheers Nan xx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 11:09:32 AM »
I found out one of my neighbours  is staying at Perry and Jimmys this year for a wedding.. about 72 people attending that!  They cant all be staying in the same place so I wonder who they have all booked with.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline EddieB

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »
The places mentioned in the first post are all available today.  I checked for dates next September, and the Makris is also back on, after having been missing for a couple of months.

Ed.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 03:42:38 PM »
Hi Jo!
Justphill has summed up well. Its amazing if you do 'go independent' and you arrive in Corfu at the airport, how many 'tour operator' reps will still help and advise you. They seem to be willing to give you the service even though you have not booked with them! I found this very reassuring the first time I ventured fourth on my own.
Once you are in Arillas, you are amongst friends and you will have no problems.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 05:11:38 PM »
Phil You're so right - you will always be made to feel welcome and going independant is defintately better as I did in May. I would still like to go solo in Arillas some time, It's the only place where I feel comfortable doing that.

Take Care
Mary

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 05:57:40 PM »
I know that historically, Philip (Tria Adelphia) didn't negotiate new contracts with Manos until Jan/Feb time , so maybe accomodation isn't added to the booking system until new contracts have been agreed and those not showing yet are still 'negotiating'.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 07:03:33 PM »
I have had another look and as if by magic they are all there now!! Including Tria.  Interesting to note that Kaloudis have one of their apts advertised  there as well.  Didnt realise they could do that, ie have different travel companies for the same accomm.  All quite expensive though. I think that the tour operators need to seriously look at these prices, especially for such a small resort like Arillas.  I can still beat these prices hands down doing it independently (by around £800!!), plus we get our perfect choice of where we are staying and we know the owners are getting the money straight in their pockets.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 03:59:36 PM »
Does anyone know who Rainbow Complex are going through this year can't seem to find them on any of the travel agents sites and I haven't even had a drink yet.  Calum has refused to stay any where else.  Fancy the Dionysis 2 this year, here's hoping

Jill
Jill XXX

Booking.com