Author Topic: Directions from the Ferry Harbour to Arillas  (Read 4752 times)

Offline Stuart

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Directions from the Ferry Harbour to Arillas
« on: March 04, 2005, 06:39:33 PM »
Do any of you clever people have some easy to follow directions for the best way to get to Arillas from the Ferry Harbour in Corfu Town?

I can read some Greek so the town names/road signs to look out for would be very helpful.

Thanks   :D

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 08:22:58 PM »
hello Stuart,
Turn right as you come out of the ferry port,Follow the road untill the big road junction with the Traffic lights(follow the Sadari signs)Just keep going alone this road,its a duel carrageway along the front,Do NOT take the Dassia turning,keep going until you come to a tuning on your right for Sadari(the other way takes you to Paliokastritsa),you should start climbing in a few minutes,just keep going up until you go through the Troupetta pass right at the summit.the road starts to drop down the other side.On the second or third right hand bend is the turning on the left for Arillas,take this road,,go through the first village and straight into the second the road then turns to the right,just follow this road until you come to a biggish village with quiet a few shops,Here is a very sharp(swichback ) turn to the left take this,keep on this road for about 15 minutes,you will see a bank of road signs the road goes straight on or turns left here.Take the left turn about 2 minutes later you see a t junction left here then look out for the sigh for Arillas you are about 1 1/2 miles away,you turn right and start to drop down(strainght on takes you to Afionis).At the Tri Adlephi the road splits ,its just a big circle,but going right is the best.Road signs are in both Greek and English,will fish out the map this weekend and put some village names in.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Directions
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 08:56:12 PM »
Harold
Well done.
Negg

Offline Stuart

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 09:42:42 PM »
Wow Harold!!!

Now that is what you really call a detailed description.  Thanks very much. :D

Now you have been able to let me have this information, I think I am just about ready.  Problem is that it seems a bit too early to start the packing, so I don't know what to do with myself for the next two months.   :(

Ho hum - only 66 days to go!   :roll:

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 11:13:38 PM »
:lol: Harold,
                Bravo!!! I was thinking that I could find my way if I was there but would find it hard to give good directions from here if you know what I mean? Not long now, only about 10 weeks!,
                                                  Ivan

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 09:08:37 PM »
Thank You all gents,
I have driven it about 6 or 7 times,the only tricky bit is within the last 3 miles where all the signs are,i once went straight on instead of turning left.if you take the coast road through Dassia,then it is just straight on you go through Achrahavi and Roda straight over at the cross roads in Roda and to Sadari.At the T junction at Sadari there is a garage oppsite the T junction you take the road that goes behind the garage and just keep going on that road,you climb up into the hills very twisty road go left at the top and drop down into the centra of Arillas.This is a longer route though.
Harold,

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »
I had a picture in my head where to go but I couldn't  have written it down  :D
Only thing I could add Stuart is when you arrive at your destination a valium might help settle you down   I've been driving 38 yrs and last year was the first time I've driven in Corfu. I thought I'd seen all twisty roads. Driving in Corfu was certainly a experience.  My poor wife was terrified...have fun  

Offline malky

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 01:18:22 PM »
Well Done Harold,

I could just imagine driving that route and it was spot on :D
I dont think the roads are that bad compared to some places but do watch out for the POTHOLES, because they can cause some damage! :cry:, as i have found out.....OUCH!!
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 04:47:07 PM »
Thank you Malky,
Stuart,here are the villages to look out for etc.,before the turn off you need to take, is a sweeping right hand bend with a big area of soil that has been cleared(i am talking about after you leave the sea front)on the right hand side as you come out of this bend is a dried up stream,the junction is here turn right(Sidari)you should come to a place called Tsolou,then Skripero,(with a traffic light system through Skripero).After Skripero is Troumpetas with the pass tthen you start to drop down the other side.You see the sign for Arillas take this road ,through Arkadades and on to Agros,its here you have to turn left coming back on yourself.After Agros you pass through Aspiotades and Manatades and on to Dafni,watch out for the sharp right hand bend in the Olive woods first gear here.Through Dafni and ontoArmenades then you need to go through Kavadades,this is the area with all the signs where you turn left,then its down to Arillas
Harold,

Booking.com