Author Topic: any info on the marvel please!!!  (Read 8485 times)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
any info on the marvel please!!!
« on: January 16, 2009, 08:20:24 PM »
need your help guys! i am trying to book, really wanted to return to akti but the price has risen so much that it might not be possible,  have been offered good deal today staying at the marvel. what info can anyone give me please, there doesnt seem to be much on the marvel on the forum (or at least i can't find it!)
what are the rooms like? i know that wherever we stay we will get a good welcome, and we so desperately want to get back!!
any information gratefully received
ger x

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: any info on the marvel please!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 10:31:22 PM »
Hi Ger

Although we haven't stayed at The Marvel we stayed next door at Irene Villa's.  We spent a lot of time at their lovely pool and can honestly say that Costa and his brother (who'se name I forget - sorry!) were absolutely lovely hosts. It really is a lovely distance from everywhere, ie: beach and resort centre. (max 5-8 mins walk I reckon).

We always catch up with the brothers during our yearly jaunt and you would think that we were paying guests.  I think that you will love this place. 

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »
Hi Ger

The Marvel is in a lovely position, right next to Irene's and the Rainbow. Captains Table just over the road, Brouklis a two minute flat stroll and the sea front about 5 minutes (it takes Jen 10!)

We haven't stayed but have heard great reports. We have spent several times in their bar and by their pool, but always seem to end up in the Rainbow because of the darts! It has a lovely atmosphere and I echo what Jo has said - you would love it. hope this helps
Phil

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 12:05:41 PM »
thanks for that jo and phil, i have just booked...........going back to the akti!! the holiday flying from bristol was too expensive, so we are flying from birmingham, not ideal, but not too far for us and if it means going back to the place we love, its a small incomvenience! hopefully we will see some of you around the place, we arrive on 22nd june for 2 weeks
ger x

Offline darrent

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »
hi, stayed at the marvel last june, i would not stay there again, rooms are low level basic, with carpets wot stick under your foot, the breakfast is very poor coffee and 2 very thin sliced bread warmed up, the waiter costa is a very ignorent rude man who seems to throw everything at you lol... i looked at the rainbow and it is far better. darren, ps, ask around about the rainbow!

Booking.com