Author Topic: accommodation and weather in may half term?  (Read 10167 times)

Offline cornwall mum

accommodation and weather in may half term?
« on: January 19, 2009, 11:01:57 PM »
Hello to everyone out there. My daughter and i spent a very happy week in arrillas ( our first visit) and after telling my husband how good it is we are wanting to visit for the may half term(23rd to 30th may), will it be warm enough for lazing by the pool and swimming in the sea?
Last year we visited at the end of june, we stayed at the mirage apartments, lovely clean apartments and fantantisic pool complex but was wondering if anyone could suggest any other apartments that may have a bit more room as this time there will be three of us, but am still keen to have a good location and pool. i have seen the kaloudis apartments on the net can you tell me anything about these, iam sure we will be happy to go back to mirage but thought i would gather a bit more info before finally deciding.
thankou in anticipation, cornwall mum.

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
Re: accommodation and weather in may half term?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »
Hello Cornwall Mum from another Cornwall Mum, who also went to Arillas with her daughter for the first time last year!  We also had a great time and have booked again for June 19th this year, staying at the Kaloudis again!  Can highly recommend these appts, nice and clean and lovely and friendly owners.  Best hurry up though, as they get booked up quick!  Have a look on the Thomson website.

Becky

Offline cornwall mum

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 05:02:42 PM »
Thankyou have been looking and this morning ther was nothing available, but now there is some more choices, i think that kaloudis may be all booked up but the makris apartments i think may still be free. a little futher away from the centre but then walking is good, to burn off the extra calories from all that lovely greek food. Hope that you have another lovely holiday. cornwall mum.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 10:12:37 PM »
If I was you I would take advantage of some of the fantastic easyjet prices and go independent.  We always stay right next to the Kaloudis on the sea front in the Marinaki.  You can contact Dida through Billy at the Marina hotel.

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 10:45:39 PM »
Hi there

Both May and October are lovely times to go to Corfu. (our favourite)

Temperature will be in the Mid 20s, so about the same as the best of English summer days. Obviously around the end of May the days are about their longest and we can be out on the terrace till very late.

The sea will be fresh and we usually have our pool heating on but evenings are not chilly though safest to pack a Jumper. Might get the odd shower but they pass quickly and are dry after an hour or so.

The best bit is that there are not many crowds and the pace is slower.

Regards
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline cornwall mum

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 11:10:46 AM »
Thankyou for the recommendations, i have been looking for easy jet flights but bristol seems to have no flights left, exeter does not seem to tally up with the school hols and gatwick i have not been able to find anything cheaper than £800!!! hane not given up yet though and am still hunting. Hope to be in arillas soon.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 09:30:39 PM »
Hi cornwall mum.

We did early May last year and found the weather quite pleasant.
We took our three year old grandson and spent time on the beach, in the sea and in the pool it was a bit cool at night and there was a little rain.
However we did return home with a sun tan, the end of May should be just fine,
have a great time.

Offline cornwall mum

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 12:40:46 AM »
Thankyou to all you forum watchers, with all this wind and rain sweeping the uk it will be lovely to see the sun again. am still hunting for flights , if cannot find anything , may have to think about another time of the year, but am tied to the school hols. anyone fancy starting an airline flying out of newquay?!!!!!

Offline alice

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 12:57:05 AM »
stay at the rainbow pool bar the boys will look after you i have been there staying there for about eight years i have realy missed it roll on june 22 then i go home

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 01:24:55 AM »
Be it May/October, June/September or July the accommodation owners all over Arillas will welcome you like friends. The more often you visit the village the more you will make serious friendships like we have. Larger accommodation is available (eg Anna Studios have larger apartments, as do others.) Just email the owners and ask.

Sorry - the only month we have never been able to stay is May, but trust the reports of the many who have - they know the score. But I have it on good authority that the sea can be a lot cooler then, but still attractive to many. It warms up as the summer wears on and in October it can be lovely. I know that bit - I've done it. Depends what you want out of your time there.

Mirage is only one of seafront accommodation. The Horizon, Marina, Portofino, Marinaki and Kaloudis are all there too. And just a short walk further out there are many more. All appear on the interactive map so you can find out where you will be, whatever you book. Just go to maps in the website's menu to find it.

Like you we are still stuck with school term times, and pay a lot more. Newquay? Easy Jet out of Baltonsborough would suit us just great...

Phil

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 02:18:39 PM »
Hi All!
I agree with Phil's comments. May is my preferred month to stay.  Arillas in May is like the best U.K. summer but with very little bad weather! It's great for walking and getting about as the sun is not unbearably hot. The landscape is fresh and green with all the flowers blooming. Don't forget the 'wonderful' evenings walking back to your apartments with all the fire flies lighting your way!
The village is quiet and waking up to a fresh season. You'll find it's a great time to explore and make friends with all the wonderful residents of Arillas.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 04:02:51 PM »
Hi Martin, You know I agree with you but we can't do with evreybody arriving in May so lets pretend we like it best in the middle of summer. lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 07:07:28 PM »
Hi Vivian,
Oops! Praps not too many will read this thread, though there is room for a few more. I don't know about you and Pete but I can't wait to get there. Hope you are feeling much better now.
Take care,
Martin.

Booking.com