Author Topic: Accommodation Favourites?  (Read 87564 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Accommodation Favourites?
« on: March 01, 2009, 12:07:16 AM »
Hi, everyone.  Here`s something for you to think about.   Have you  all got your favourite places to stay at which you would always stay at no matter what? Not wishing to offend any owners, but of places we have stayed the Rainbow was excellent.
          I might change my opinion in three months time, however.
           Of all the places forum members have stayed at, I wonder which one would be recommended most and why. Just something to chew on.......
           Yammas   Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Accommodation Favourites?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 12:33:11 AM »
Oh golly golly golly Paul that is difficult, as you say we don't want to offend other owners whom we have stayed with....but...we just loved the Mathraki.  Lol..although I'm sure most of you who have read my postings know that by now!

Nicolette and family provided such a chill out place we found it so easy to relax and unwind.  It suited us perfectly.

Can I just mention Thomas Bungalows?  Not much is written about them but they were a favourite too. Two bedrooms and a living/kitchen area, two terraces for dining and very pretty gardens. We were in a tranquil world of our own and yet 5 mins walk from the beach.  The gardens are lovely to lounge about in and very safe for children.

Eileenxx

riggers

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 12:41:23 AM »
My word, that must be very hard to answer. As you all probably know we will say "Kaloudis " every time. I am sure where ever you stay in Arillas you will have the perfect holiday. It will be the 8th time this year in June :) and i hope many more to come.

riggers...........

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 03:18:35 AM »
Paul luvver we would stay in a tent on the beach.

Anna, Alex, Rainbow, Nafsika, Brouklis, Tria, Galini, Mathraki, Marinaki, Marina, Akti, ElenaStella, Mirage, Tomas, oh whatever. I could quote them all. My list could be on Google. We would stay anywhere in Arillas. Preferences are about  Spain and elsewhere. We stay with people we love like Anna Krasakis and family (Anna Studios.)

Arillas is all up-market. Millionaires and poor people like me can feel the same here. All you need is the desire to connect. Heaven.

Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 12:57:18 PM »
Hi Paul,

I agree with Phil that anywhere in Arillas would do us.  However, we are so fond of the Bardis family (Poppy, Spiros, Bobby and George) that it would feel disloyal going anywhere but the Bardis Sun Studios.

Unless of course they were fully booked when we want to go, then we may try anywhere, probably the Kaloudis or Mirage.

It's the local people that make Arillas what it is.
See you in June.
Yammas,
lynn x

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 02:02:18 PM »
I would agree with you all! You can't really go wrong in Arillas as all are so welcoming and friendly. I always stay with Dorita an Aris Bardis at the Bardis Sun Hotel. I think mainly because I like that 'end' of the village and I feel 'at home' as Ann loved it so much and I have so many good memories there.
Lynn, I use the B.S.Studios' bar in the evenings, after dining in the village, again spoilt for choice, and the Bardis family (no relation to B.S. Hotel) are fantastic. On my own, or with friends, we have had some memorable evenings!
All Arillas is 'magic'!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 03:14:07 PM »
Yes, Martin - we met you in there many an evening last May! 

Dorita and Aris would be another option for us as well, of course.  I originally thought the two families were related.  But on reading Eileen's Afionas thread, I see that the Bardis name goes back a long way.

lynn xx

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 11:56:54 AM »
It's a very close call between Mathraki and the Akti, but Akti just pips it.  No, Mathraki, no Akti, sorry cant choose, love em all!

Sharon x

Offline isobel

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »
hi we stayed at the mirage angela is very kind spottless cleaned evey day we would recommend it to anyone and at the front of the beach

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 01:36:45 PM »
We just love the Kaloudis village and the Akti. Excellent

Amanda

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 02:08:15 PM »
Hi Lynn!
I hadn't forgotten our evenings at Poppy's. It was a case of forgetting to put  "Lynn, as you know". I put it down to that glass of ouzo while I was typing!
Hope to see you and Colin again there soon.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline willis

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »
It has to be the Horizon for me. What a view first thing in the morning! It is also really convenient and the staff are brilliant too. I get too spoilt there to go anywhere else now, although I have enjoyed the Marina, Bardis Sun and the Rainbow in the past. If I had to try somewhere new it would be the Akti. They have put in so much work on the place and are so lovely. Cheers,
Willis

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 03:51:26 PM »
I love staying in Brouklis Rooms :)
Life is good ;)

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 05:49:56 PM »
me ..hmmmmm..
no faves ,they are all good .and clean and freindly...last year alex,s,year before jimmy & perrys, this year akti ,,next year who knows..yammassssssssss..go with the flow...xx

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »
Hi all

Def Tria Adelphia for us

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Booking.com