Author Topic: Accommodation Favourites?  (Read 87558 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Accommodation Favourites?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 07:06:03 PM »
Hi ann marie. Mathraki and Marinaki are both superb. But so are they all. We said before, even a tent on the beach would suffice. It is Arillas that is "fit."  Fit for purpose and a great place to be. After so many visits it is obvious you agree. Please keep posting on the forum. Would love to hear more from yous.

Phil

Offline Mike W

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 01:05:27 AM »
It has to be the Kaloudis for us,we first went there on an allocation on arrival holiday back in 1996,with Thomsons and have returned every year since Billy and Helen , before they retired Roula and Christos are wonderful people for whom nothing is too much trouble .
Mike W

riggers

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2009, 01:16:24 AM »
Must agree with you there Mike. Especially about Roula and Christos (lovely  people). i just can't wait to get back there........ Not long...........

riggers..............

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 03:22:02 PM »
Poppy & Spiros at Bardis Studios.....friendly ,clean Acommodation very close to beach..The Makris.... quiet location   and a nice 10 minute stroll to the beach...The Mavell,,, very nice rooms ,great pool area..lively bar/resteraunt &  10 minuite crawl to the beach...Arillas Inn Apatments... all ideal places to stay...(across from the Marvel)..we now tend to stay at Ariilas inn Apts...  in May & the Marvel in Sept/October....

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2009, 07:47:48 PM »
We like the Marvel.Back there on 18th May.So looking forward to it.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 03:12:44 PM »
We have only stayed at the Bardis Sun with Dorita. We have stayed at the studios with Poppy etc for a couple of nights when we have been staying in different resorts.  Would thoroughly recommend them both.

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »
Nobody else ever seems to mention them, but Ina's apartments, next to her supermarket are great! Ideal location and a lovely family who make you feel so at home. We have never stayed anywhere else in 7 years of visiting Arillas.
gaygo

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »
We loved Bardis Sun Hotel  last year, nice size rooms and bathroom, fridge and kettle even though it was B & B, nice situ, and Dorita is lovely... reading all these posts again makes me want to go back but sadly its Cornwall for us this year...  Bardis sun Studios were great although the room was fairly small, not much room  to walk around the bed, we kept banging our legs on the beds.  Any news on the Galini this year?  They are nice apartments too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2009, 07:54:38 PM »
I liked the Galini also.Think it was the people though mot the accomodation.Will miss not seeing you this year.

Offline Mike and Debbie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 01:19:47 AM »
Hi All,

i am really biased here  as we have stayed at the Makri for the last 3 years we have been in Corfu. As we are now helping them in getting rentals i may seem some what leaning towards their side. i can assure you i am getting no financial gain but i think they have a really great set-up. Apts with a pool and  bar serving great food and superb hospitality what more could you want.Please have a look at www.makris-arillas.co.uk for more info

thanks
Mike
[link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/][image noborder]http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/Corfu/200807281230_101.gif[/image][/link][link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/member/tips/home/15/Bahamas.html]Bahamas Trip Reports[/link]

Offline tonynglenda

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 06:08:53 PM »
We have stayed at the akti the last 3 times and are booked to go again may 29th and sept 25th. Cant wait. Spiros and monika are lovely and the whole family will do anything for you. The pool and jacuzzi are wonderful. With a glass of mythos at your side what more can you want. The rooms even have a shower and a bath. Yes a bath!We go b & b but always go to sea breeze for cooked breakfast though. Sets you up for the day. Cant be doing with these continental breakfasts. . We know you will enjoy your stay wherever you decide.xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 08:16:43 PM »
hi tonynglenda

nobody here will disagree. Akti is yet another great place to stay. Or just to visit. Monica and Spiros are just as beautiful as just about all of the local people. It is what makes Arillas so special and why Jen and me are so obsessed with the place.

My breakfasts are usually beer but I'm no lager lout. 
With a glass of mythos at your side what more can you want?
I save myself for the best sofrito I have ever tasted at Brouklis, the orgiastic garlic prawns at Grazella, the sea bream at Vavilas, the.... Could write another page about the fantastic food here. And probably have elsewhere on the forum.

As regular visitors, you understand what I'm saying. I eat late, you eat early, who cares? Have seen people eating the "full English" at 4pm. Jen and me would be at Grazella with mezes, red wine and watching Gravia and the waves...

Like I said, we would stay anywhere. A tent on the beach rather than not be there. We don't have a favourite - as long as we are THERE.

Phil

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 10:35:49 PM »
My Accomodation favourite is pretty obvious! Built to please us at least.

The Atki looks lovely but I have never got past the bar! The pool area is lovely, as is the Marinas new one. Stayed at Marina once or twice. All very nice.

Hovever if I can follow Phils theme and accomodation can stretch to food then I can get really excited about stepping outside.

Marina for breakfast for Georges full English sitting watching the placid morning sea lap the shore. Even with yellow label tea! Gyros for lunch from the Grill opposite or wander down to Grazalla for a 10 Euro 3 course fish lunch. Sandwiches at the Amos with a fresh fruit juice creation.

Which leaves you that fabulous choice for dinner. Broukis for the days special ( and finger foods we just keep ordering till we are stuffed!) A lift up to Mon Amour for the lamb, tzatziki and bread. (Did have pork once but everybody elses lamb looked so good) Horizon for pre-dinner cocktails, the coconut for a couple afterdinner cocktails, icecream specials, a chat, boogietime, a game of pool whilst just a bit too squiffy to play well, then the Atki's bar for Metaxas and maybe a look at the dessert menu.

Discovered the Fishermans in St. Georges last year with its fabulous view. Afternoon tea at the Golden Fox overlooking Paleo. Hire a boat on the beach and blat down to Paleo for pizza and greek salad.

Hanging out at Sidari water park (of all places) for a day too, with people bringing you drinks and snacks and ice creams while the kids wear themselves out. Surprisingly good food for lunch too.

I have only scratched the surface. Not been coming long enough to have discovered all the great dishes in all the great places to eat even just in Arillas.

Favourite accomodation? Ah just parachute me into North West Corfu aiming at Arillas. It'll do!

Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 12:21:02 AM »
I haven't got a favourite, I've stayed at Kaloudis, Mathraki and Porto Fino all great with great hospitality - i'm next staying at Bardis Sun Hotel and I'm sure that will be lovely too - I just love Arillas and the people

Take Care
Mary

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »
Wherever I lay my hat will do me

Booking.com