Author Topic: Advance Check In Gatwick/easyjet  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Advance Check In Gatwick/easyjet
« on: March 16, 2009, 01:00:54 AM »
Has anyone used this facility? Was wondering if it is worth it for extra couple of hours in bed or does the fact that we may be all split up seat-wise cancel this benefit out? Whats the latest you can check in if we decide to do it the day before?

Offline ann marie

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Advance Check In Gatwick/easyjet
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »
hi jo

i think you can only check in online if you are carrying only hand luggage.
you will still have to queue up with the suitcases anyway.

Offline ColinD

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:02:19 PM »
I am fairly sure that Ann Marie is right.  You can't check in online if you have baggage to go in the hold.  Only really suitable for business travellers just staying overnight with hand luggage, I'm afraid.  Pity, as I might have done the same otherwise.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 09:03:19 PM »
jo ..there both right...
hand luggage to the tune of 5kgs....yammas

Offline BBB

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 10:55:05 AM »

Online check-in is hand luggage only and I believe it is 10kg or even unlimited weight per person. It is the size of bag that is restricted.

It only works on the outward journey at Gatwick. You still have to queue and check in, with everyone else for your return flight at Corfu airport. So you will have to get there early to try for a A Boarding Card.

This was how it was last year, however much we waved our Online Check-in confirmation at the Passport Control, they wouldn't let us through. It may be different this year of course.

BBB

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »
We tried to do this last year but they dont do it for EJ (short hauls anyway).  We left from Gatwick North Terminal last year and whilst there were queues it wasnt long and it was very hassle free.  The staff were very efficient in moving people quickly.   I think you are staying in a hotel nearby arent you Jo, it  isnt far to the airport, about 10 mins - you could always go and book in early and go back again - we have done that when it has been delayed (but we do live nearby and we still get there almost 3 hrs before hand).  But you might not want to be bothered go back and forwards, once you are there you are there so to speak and get in the holiday mood.

I shan't miss the airports this year although I will miss Arillas very much.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com