Author Topic: Holiday Balance.  (Read 14065 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Holiday Balance.
« on: March 26, 2009, 08:42:03 PM »
Hi, everyone.  Yesterday went into travel agent to pay holiday balance. We booked back in September- can`t believe how quick time goes. Anyway, Arillas here we come. Just praying we get more euros for our pound.(unlikely!) Wondered if any of you are taking more spends or are cutting back on what you spend whilst away?

Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Holiday Balance.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 09:05:30 PM »
hi paul ..
same as you ,,flights paid ,,akti booked ,and half of spends put aside,,,but yes i always take more than i need anyway,,so i can do what i want ,when i want,,,see you out there in june ........yammas

Offline valerie

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:34:03 AM »
Hi paul.

just paid our balance last month  and have a little saved not sure how much to take for the week.the more the better i think while the euro is so low.i was just wondering which is the best to take: euros, sterling or travellers cheques
valerie

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:06:00 AM »
no way am i cutting back i will just take more money than before.i think £140 a day should be enough for me and my better half

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 03:39:15 AM »
£140........A DAY........Arrrgghhhh !
Don't let Susan see this !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »

Double AArrgghhh!  Wayne can I come with you? ;-)

Eileenxxx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »
Time to put my card in the ATM, will be paying mine today
Only three months to go,
Soon be on the Beach, Walking the cliffs, meeting all those nice people again.
July 6th CANT WAIT

Offline Melissa

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »
Weve paid for our flights and booked in at Portofino yesterday! Bring on July! Yay! Really cannot wait! x

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 01:28:32 PM »
We paid ours for June in Arillas and end of September in Santorini (only £770 for 2 weeks). I am going to try and bankrupt the bankers and spend whatever it takes to have a great time. Lol, Mick

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 05:03:50 AM »

Double AArrgghhh!  Wayne can I come with you? ;-)

Eileenxxx

if you can fit in my suitcase your all welcome to come with me

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 09:58:23 AM »

if you can fit in my suitcase your all welcome to come with me

LOL...it would have to be one of those old style travel trunks to fit me in!

Eileenxx

Offline Shrimp

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »
I think there are many out there thinking about cutting back on the cash, it's such a shame, but, is it worth it? A holiday is such an important part of our lives and to spend it scrimping on the pennies just makes us miserable.
Arillas needs visitors badly, the whole village spends months preparing itself for them. As most of the bars, hotels and services are mainly family run, I think we should show our solidarity and support them, if we dont, well we know what could happen. It's a case of 'use it or lose it'. As the tour operators squeeze providers to the ground on price, some would say that it's the holiday maker that gains. It is not; the gainers are the tour companies.
Arillas has, as most know, the best bars, one of the best beaches on the island and the friendliest of locals. Never mind the pennies, splash out and support one of the nicest places on the planet. They need us.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »
I'm sure there must be many people who would love to 'splash the cash' in order to support the locals.  Unfortunately watching the spending pennies will be for many people the only way they are going to afford a trip to Arillas this year.

So to answer your question "...is it worth it?"  I'd say YES....better to have visitors with limited spending power than no visitors at all.

Eileen.

Offline Gata

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 05:41:49 PM »
Unfortunately the credit crunch has hit everywhere, Many people have no choice but to “cut back,” people have less money, the cost of holidays have gone up and the exchange rate does not look good.  I agree a holiday is an important part of our lives and many people save all year for the pleasure, however for the pleasure and enjoyment a holiday brings the aftermath of the misery for the coming year MAY NOT BE WORTH IT for some folks.  So whatever people spend is a bonus in this dire state of the economy and I think everyone appreciates that.  Fortunately Arillas has many loyal holiday makers who will make it to Arillas and help support the local economy as best they can.  Hope you don’t think I’m all doom and gloom as I have my 3 weeks to Arillas booked for the summer but have many friends with families who are unable to have a holiday this year due to the pennies being short.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 09:24:50 PM »
Well said, Eileen.

I agree in principle that it would be good to splash the cash and support the locals, and am saving hard to be able to spend as much as we can afford on this year's holiday.  However, it may turn out to be less than we managed to afford the last couple of years.  :( 
Having said that, we are paying for our accomodation direct and booked our flights separately, because we prefer to pay our money to the local people.  So no tour operator is making anything out of us.
We'd love to spend more but we simply don't have it!

lynn xx

Booking.com